It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange no longer wanted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

All the more reason it could be possible he is doing this himself. By making this story up, he knows no one is oging to beleive it, he can again blame the US for going after him in another way.

Its Sweden ffs, I seriously doubt they are going to just roll over and go "ok, the US wants us to charge this guy with rape". Being the rule of Law also prevails there, and if you charge someone they will get to see those charges and face their accusers.. See where this is going.. Sweden is not that Stupid to take action based off of the word of another Nation without evidence being provided.

Secondly, the charges stemmed from Sweden, so the US would have nothing to do with that anyways, being the crime occured in Sweden. If it did not, then they would of detained him on an INterpol warrant and the country who sought his arrest will have to meet criteria (IE are the charges credible, enough evidence to extradite etc).

This guy is stupid, but hes not if you get what I am saying. As far as the comment goes about "he is the messenger, dont shoot the messenger. He is not the messenger. The messenger does not actively advertise for people to break the law by turning over classified information. The Messenger does not release that information on their own terms.

He is not the messenger. He is an accused Felon and should face those charges. In his zeal to screw over the U.S. Government, he also has placed many more peoples lives in danger that are working with the US/NATO/Allies in Afghanistan. As many are fond of demanding where the US gets this right, I would like to demand to know where he thinks he get the right to do this himself.

To those who condone this guys actions, I dont want to hear any more complaints from you about how the US acts irresponsibly in this area. This guy is nothing more than a no talent ass clown whose 15 minutes of fame are overwith.

He is lucky he chose the US to do this to, and not other countries who would not loose any sleep by assisinating this guy to protect their secrets, and whose repsonse to the world media would be "He endangered our people, no further comment".

I fail to understand why people think this guy is a hero. Would people still be rising to his defense of the information released contained your name, DOB, social security number, your address, spouse info, kid info, where they all worked, went to school and lived, then turned that info over to people who would like to see them dead?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Sometimes smart people do dumb things.

Does anyone remember presidential nominee John Edwards? Clean cut, dresses well, speaks elegantly, etc... Type of guy you would vote to become president. It turned out he had a 'love child' with one of his campaign committee members. 'While his wife was recovering from cancer.'

Assange kind of reminds me of Edwards. When he is in public or on television, Assange looks like he has it all together. However, underneath the surface he is fighting some harsh demons. At some point in this whole mess, I think we will learn about those demons. It is only a mater of time.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Section31]

I remember the name, but I don't pay attention to politics.

It is only a matter of time, depending if they take these two whores in and extract information out of them. If they got paid by agents, then you surely can't sweet talk them out of giving information. Waterboard them, and you'll get the truth. But if they do take the time and the right measures to extract information and it turns out I'm wrong, then I'm not going to listen to this guy any further. However, the US play the "World Police". Agents go wherever they please, even in places where they are not wanted. I'm strongly convinced that this is a warning to show how much power they have through the media. Next thing is intimidation/death threats. The last resort is the Murder/Assassination of Julian Assange, and its going to say suicide all over it.

Suppose you haven't seen the video where Ron Paul talks about Assassination of foreign and domestic citizens? Where these people can assassinate anybody at their own discretion.

reply to post by Xcathdra

They did it to themselves and they never learn. Some things should never be kept secret, biggest mistake: UFO's.

The troops wont pay the price, just the person or people that call the shots on documents to be "Hush Hush".

[edit on 21-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I read this on the sun website earlier.....they wrote a story stating he was a rapist then a few hours later changed the contents of the story.

Not once did they apologize for putting Assange in the firing line, now as a suspected rapist!! Shouldnt there be a story before it is printed>?

What a way to soil someones name, the lenghts they will go to to try and silence JA.

I hope he doesnt end up in the woods dead, with 2 gunshot wounds to the head...his suicide of course :p o.O

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I am always amazaed that given the obvious, its still a US operation or a shot across the bow. The charges of molestation have not been dropped and are still pending, but under their law its a misdameanor offense.

I think people are to ready to buy into conspiracies without doing proper investigations.

What people are not understanding is, if the US Government goes to file charges against this guy, they can apply for an interpol warrant. That leaves very few countries he can go to where he would not be arrested and extradited back to this country to face those charges.

The US Government does not need to send a shot across his bow. In this particular case, they have a person in custody who links the crime to Assange. I think the info they have would allow the "shot" to go from across the bow to a full on broadside with deadly accuracy.

People are waaay to quick to delve into the world of conspiracy and black ops, when its nothing more than a matter of simeple case law and charges, supporting documents, and an interpol warrant to end this thing.

EDIT:

"They did it to themselves and they never learn. Some things should never be kept secret, biggest mistake: UFO's.

The troops wont pay the price, just the person or people that call the shots on documents to be "Hush Hush". "

You do know that the US Government is not the only one who claims to have secret files about UFO's. Or was your point that its ok for all others, but the US Government, to have secrets like that?

If you have tangible evidence that UFOs exits, then release it to the World to prove all the Governments wrong.

As far as no troops will pay the price... Respectfully, are you insane? Any assistance we had from the locals is going to dry up because the thought is going to be the US/NATO cant protect them. Lack of cooperation is going to mean more lives lost.

Comparing this type of "secret leak" to that of UFO's is incorrect at best for 2 simple facts:

Fact - The release of this infomration will adversly affect ongoing operations in a country we, and our allies, are engaged in an armed conflict.

Fact - To date there has been no verifiable information that we are in contact with aliens - just supposition.

When ET lands and holds a press conference, then we can make the comparison.

(As a side note, I do think the Government is hiding info on ET - However in this case the leaks and consequences are based in fact, where the ET is based on speculation).

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

If that happens, there will be more american born citizens that stand against the way the United States does things. It's bad enough when you have your own people turning against you.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I read this on the sun website earlier.....they wrote a story stating he was a rapist then a few hours later changed the contents of the story.

Not once did they apologize for putting Assange in the firing line, now as a suspected rapist!! Shouldnt there be a story before it is printed>?

What a way to soil someones name, the lenghts they will go to to try and silence JA.

I hope he doesnt end up in the woods dead, with 2 gunshot wounds to the head...his suicide of course :p o.O

He is the one who decided to make himself a public person. He is the one holding press conferences, releasing this information while at the same time trying to hold the moral high ground. Do you think that people he dealt with in the past wont try to make a quick buck off this story?

Or maybe he is drumming all of this up to disctract from the reall issue, the illegal relase of classified documents...

Maybe this is his conspiracy theory to distract all the sheeples who belive in him from the fact he broke the law, potentially cause a loss of innocent life by releasing this information, by claiming a Superpower is out to get him.

By very defintion from mst of the people I have seen in this thread whlo subscribe to conspiracy theories I pose this question.

Do you really thin the US would accuse this guy of rape when they have apretty much open and sclosed case of illegal possesion of classified information, and distribution of that information.

As much as this guys travels, both by land, car and air, it would be easier for a plane, car etc to have a malfunction than it would be for the US to drum up rape chatrges that can be investigated. I just find it intresting that the people who accuse the Government of snuffing people out would come to a conclusion its behind a rape charge...

Too much of a stretch.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

If that happens, there will be more american born citizens that stand against the way the United States does things. It's bad enough when you have your own people turning against you.

Its the price we pay for living in a Representative Republic and not a Democracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If you have tangible evidence that UFOs exits, then release it to the World to prove all the Governments wrong.

--Does it look like I have an army full of people willing to storm bases? No. If I did, I would have done so. Reminds me of a quote, "You want something, you take it"

As far as no troops will pay the price... Respectfully, are you insane? Any assistance we had from the locals is going to dry up because the thought is going to be the US/NATO cant protect them. Lack of cooperation is going to mean more lives lost.

--They are in a region where peace is quite close to impossible. Since when did they care about the locals? Whats the civilian death toll again?

Comparing this type of "secret leak" to that of UFO's is incorrect at best for 2 simple facts:

--I never compared, (Assange false rape case) and (UFO). I simply put an example of a type of Secret that's being held from the people. They are not similar though. People find out who's responsible for betraying the people, that person better get a good protection program.

Fact - The release of this infomration will adversly affect ongoing operations in a country we, and our allies, are engaged in an armed conflict.

--These operations are not as successful as they think they are. There wouldn't be any leaks if they were not there to begin with. Fighting a war on Terror? No army can eradicate terror. Not even if you were to nuke that whole side of the world, there will always be those that rise up into power in the US and other parts of South America to form terror groups. Blood has been spilled against an invincible enemy.

Fact - To date there has been no verifiable information that we are in contact with aliens - just supposition.

We don't have verifiable information because people in power withhold this information so that they stay in power. However, they make it all look like they sent interceptors to engage their own top secret military craft. Just because we haven't seen verifiable information from MSM or the President, doesn't mean that we haven't had contact necessarily.

When ET lands and holds a press conference, then we can make the comparison.

--For the people that want to "Shoot them down", I don't think its smart to even come and hold a press conference with a violent race while under fire. A harsh place where corporations care nothing for their life other than exploiting their technologies for their own personal benefits.

(As a side note, I do think the Government is hiding info on ET - However in this case the leaks and consequences are based in fact, where the ET is based on speculation).

--I only stated one of the many secrets being held as an example. Never compared the two.

I do think the Government is hiding info on ET

--I do agree on that.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So we have a military person release thousands upon thousand of documents relating to the war in afghanistan. Couldnt the same be suggested for anyone with access to UFO information?

As far as the civilian death toll in Afghanistan I would suggest you check with the Taliban, who even though claim they are subject to sharia law, ignored that very same law when family members chose to spare the life of people instead of having them killed. The Taliban opted to ignore those wishes, and carried out the sentences.

We do not target civilians, they do.
We do not use Mosques or Schools to engage the enemy from, they do.
We do not use suicide bombers who are 14 years old, they do.
We do not kill under the guise of a misrepresented religion, they do.
We do not take families hostage and threaten to kill them if family members dont carry out a mission, they do.

The Government of Afghanistan had every opprotunity under the sun to avoid a US invasion - Turn over Bin Laden to the United States. They didnt want to do that, and therefore became an enemy. Their decision, not ours.

While civilian casualties are horrible in any fashion, I would suggest you ask the taliban why the civilian death toll is so high.

The documents this clown is in possesion of and releasing is dangerous to our operations there. It describes our strategy from the ground up, which will be invaluable to the enemy, and by enemy I am referring to the Taliba, to Al-Queida, Iran, North Korea, etc.

We have UN resolution supporting our actions in Afghanistan under UN articles for self defense, in addition to invoking the NATO alliance portion for an attack on one is an attack on all.

There is a right way to expose Governments and their is a wrong way. The way this guy chose, who is putting our military, allied miliary and civilians in danger, is not the right way.

As far as your comment about civilian Death toll, if we want to go down that road then this guy needs to be tacked into that category as well, because he just personally signed the death warrants of people who are helping us, and themselves, for wanting a better lives for themselves.

To those who like to use the war crime argument I leave you with this:

All wars are crimes.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OK, wild speculation here - but here's my two pennies worth. It's clear they want to smear him, so now raising the hypothesis of different 'charges' continues to do that - hints of multiple sexual 'offences' is an effective smear tactic.

BUT, I also believe these charges, which may well be completely fake, give them the opportunity to search his residence - and therefore his computer - to try to get the password to the encrypted file, and any info in whistleblowers.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
OK, wild speculation here - but here's my two pennies worth. It's clear they want to smear him, so now raising the hypothesis of different 'charges' continues to do that - hints of multiple sexual 'offences' is an effective smear tactic.

BUT, I also believe these charges, which may well be completely fake, give them the opportunity to search his residence - and therefore his computer - to try to get the password to the encrypted file, and any info in whistleblowers.

Who are "they"? Swedish investigators? Last time I checked, unless their authorities have specific reason to belive the computers were involved in the accusations, they cannot touch them. The conspiracy theory that the US Government is perpetrating this is an absolute joke.

The US Government does NOT need these sex charges to go after this guy. He has violated several Federal US Laws that would allow for us to extradite him to face charges here. Hell they dont even need the computers since he has gone on world wide TV and admitted he is the one releasing these files.

He has sealed his own fate under the misconception that what he is doing is news reporting. He has suggested that he should be given leaway in this because he is acting as a news entity. The problem with this is it still violates FEderal Law for release of classified information, as well as being in posession of it. As far as claiming he is a news entity.. I guess if we allow MSNBC to be one, he has a claim here....

He should of thought all of this through before committing the crime.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

--Does it look like I have an army full of people willing to storm bases? No. If I did, I would have done so. Reminds me of a quote, "You want something, you take it"

Not wanting to get this thread off track, but I would love, LOVE, to see that happen. I mean, it would really make my day.

A bunch of pencil-necked geeks and tin foil hat wearing noobs "storming" a base like Fort Bragg (or any other base as far as that goes) under the deranged idea that "Top Secret UFO Stuff" is kept there.

Oh well, I can always dream.......

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah, well tell that to the people that are fighting an unstoppable enemy called "Terror"

The documents this clown is in possesion of and releasing is dangerous to our operations there. It describes our strategy from the ground up, which will be invaluable to the enemy, and by enemy I am referring to the Taliba, to Al-Queida, Iran, North Korea, etc.

Oh come on! There are terrorist groups all over the world, not just in the Iran and N. Korea. Why do you have to label it down to those countries. The US Has its own terrorists too, you know? So if this was a "War On Terror" they better come up with a battle plan to invade the world.

While civilian casualties are horrible in any fashion, I would suggest you ask the taliban why the civilian death toll is so high.

I'm talking specifically "Casualties by US troops", in which some of them are not necessary, even with the sophisticated equipment today.

We do not target civilians, they do.

I'm not going to Diss the military, because I have friends in there, but I'm going to explain where you are wrong in most cases.

I've seen a video on youtube where this guy explains how one armed person was in a crowd, and he was ordered to nail the entire crowd (Approx 30 people). You can find the video if you look it up on youtube.

We do not kill under the guise of a misrepresented religion, they do.

I've talked to people that talk specifically about "Enlisting in the military" just to kill Muslims. Stated by one person, "Anyone with a rag on their head and isn't Christain".

We do not take families hostage

Tell that to Steven Green. Look him up.

There are many cases throughout war, where we sent soldiers over without even bothering to check their background, to reek havoc upon anybody that looks different, speaks different, believes in something different, etc and when they commit a crime, it makes all of them look bad.

As far as the civilian death toll in Afghanistan I would suggest you check with the Taliban, who even though claim they are subject to sharia law, ignored that very same law when family members chose to spare the life of people instead of having them killed. The Taliban opted to ignore those wishes, and carried out the sentences.

The Taliban are only going to come back again. Plain and simple. What part of, "You cant eradicate terror" does the military understand?

We have UN resolution supporting our actions in Afghanistan under UN articles for self defense, in addition to invoking the NATO alliance portion for an attack on one is an attack on all.

Even with the help of these other countries, why did a bomb go off in Baghdad recently? Why is Al-Qaeda spreading and not receding?

There is a right way to expose Governments and their is a wrong way. The way this guy chose, who is putting our military, allied miliary and civilians in danger, is not the right way.

And thats the response from leaders that speak with a forked tongue to its own people. Until I see some actual "Risk", i'm not going to buy a word they are saying.

As far as your comment about civilian Death toll, if we want to go down that road then this guy needs to be tacked into that category as well, because he just personally signed the death warrants of people who are helping us, and themselves, for wanting a better lives for themselves.

Thats his problem. Other people see him as a hero, others dont. People have the right to know, and they will learn that keeping secrets from the people can end up horribly.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

A bunch of pencil-necked geeks and tin foil hat wearing noobs "storming" a base like Fort Bragg (or any other base as far as that goes) under the deranged idea that "Top Secret UFO Stuff" is kept there.

Oh well, I can always dream.......

Don't know what your dreaming of buddy, but if this is your definition of a militia, I surely don't want to be around you.

Fort Bragg? What the hell are you talking about.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Who are "they"? Swedish investigators? Last time I checked, unless their authorities have specific reason to belive the computers were involved in the accusations, they cannot touch them. The conspiracy theory that the US Government is perpetrating this is an absolute joke.

The US Government does NOT need these sex charges to go after this guy. He has violated several Federal US Laws that would allow for us to extradite him to face charges here. Hell they dont even need the computers since he has gone on world wide TV and admitted he is the one releasing these files.

He has sealed his own fate under the misconception that what he is doing is news reporting. He has suggested that he should be given leaway in this because he is acting as a news entity. The problem with this is it still violates FEderal Law for release of classified information, as well as being in posession of it. As far as claiming he is a news entity.. I guess if we allow MSNBC to be one, he has a claim here....

He should of thought all of this through before committing the crime.

What Federal law has he violated, ie; does American law apply to the world populace? there is no American federal law where I live.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Possesion of Classified Material.
Distribution of Classified Material
Providing Material Support to enemys (by release of this information).

Possesion of Classified Information USC 18, part 1, chapter 37 section 798

He received this information from an individual in the US Armed services. The moment he took possession of that information, then decided to post it to the world to see, he violated Federal Law.

The items he had in his possesion belonged to the Government of the United States. It doesnt matter where he lives, or where he obtained the documents, The documents were not his to release.

He violated US Law by being in possession, refusing to turn them back over, and by releasing them.

While you can make the argument US Law does not apply, in this case he willing violated US law by refusing to turn the documents back over, making himself a target of those laws.

Claiming the US does not hvae jurisdiction here is not going to fly, and there are court cases throughout the world to back that up both extraditing to the US, as well as extraditing from the US to other countries. If by your argument no one is able to break a law of a country they dont reside in, then there would be no reason for interpol.

Also, the British guy who hacked into the Pentagon computers from his house in England found out, by using the same argument US Law does not apply to him, was incorrect. The Home Secratary allowed his extradition back to the United States for prosecution.

What country do you reside in out of curiosity (N. Ireland / UK like your stats say or somewhere else?).. The reason I ask is there are a lot of treaties in place, including Criminal Extradition. If you change the countries in this, from the US to say Russia, or Israel, or England, and the same thing happened, you could be charged under their laws, and could be extradited back to one of those countries ot face charges.

U.S. - U.K. Criminal Extradition Treaty = Replaces 1972 treaty
This link also talks about the issues of the new treaty, as well as analysis / differences between the 2 countries systems. In the intrest of fairness I am using this one instead of the Government re;eased version that does not point some of these issues out.

Also, keep in mind its entirely possible to make espionage charges in this case as well, depending on motive, whihc could open up a different can of worms entirely.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Xcathdra] - Spelling and stuff

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good to see their first fraud was so poorly planned.

Hopefully this will lend evidence to the fact that anything
that comes up in the not too distant future is highly suspect.

I think he needs to make arrangements with the Brainwave
Science folks in advance thru a 3rd party neutral nation that
is not on the CIA choke chain list.

www.brainwavescience.com...

The device has been admissible in court and has gotten ppl out
of prison after it proved their minds did not register memory
of the scene of the crime.

Of course if they want him bad enough they will just pull out
some of the KGB tools like they used radiation to kill various ppl.

Lets hope that Julian is VERY careful.

The Banksters, Puppets, Gangsters, and Elitists don't like it
when there well oiled machine gets a monkey wrench in it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Now the question comes to:
Did Assange set this up to smear the United States government?

Remember, people have faked things to get publicity on television. Remember the balloon boy hiding in the attic, and the news media was being manipulated by his parents?

How far will Assange go to keep himself in the spotlight, so that the government will not act upon his threats?

Of course, the best self promotion and ways to smear the US govt is to label yourself a molester and sex criminal and get a local govt to issue an arrest warrant for you. Oh, and make sure the international press reports on it so that your whole family is embarrased (sarcasm intended).

Is this what you're really saying/thinking!? If so, you'll never be my press agent.

If the alphabet agencies are after this guy, they just might be trying to smear him even if it doesn't stick. Put out doubt about someone and you can marginalize them by making it difficult to pick up supporters. So the next press article starts with an intro that states that Assange was once accused of such and such...see, it'll follow him whether true or not.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
And now we have Assange himself answering questions about the accusations.. Anyone wanna venture a guess as to what he is implying?

FoxNews - Assange

The nomadic 39-year-old Australian dismissed the allegations in a statement on WikiLeaks' Twitter page, saying "the charges are without basis and their issue at this moment is deeply disturbing."

I think someone is depsrately trying to change the story / channel..........

....and the other shoe just dropped.. For someone who claims he is within his rights to publish these files -

Assange was in Sweden last week seeking legal protection for the whistle-blower website, which angered the Obama administration by publishing thousands of leaked documents about U.S. military activities in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Assange was in Sweden partly to apply for a publishing certificate to make sure the website, which has servers in Sweden, can take full advantage of Swedish laws protecting whistle-blowers.

And finally why this guy has no credibility...

Assange told Der Spiegel in an interview that he likes confronting the powerful. "I enjoy creating systems on a grand scale, and I enjoy helping people who are vulnerable," he said. "And I enjoy crushing bastards. So it is enjoyable work."

He is doing nothing more than getting thrills from doing this, so he can say he is sticking it to the man. He is doing nothing more than running his own agenda.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

You sir get a star. It is good to find someone who has a sense of humor on this site.

While everyone is too busy fighting, they failed to miss the humor of the story.

A few posts back you said how serious it was to be charged with molestation. Now you find it funny. Hmmm.

reply to post by jerico65

As a result of some serious 'rocking and rolling', Assange got himself in to a sex scandal.

Your biased attitude is showing. You are the judge, jury and executioner. You're already assuming Assange has "got himself in a sex scandal". What proof do you have? With no evidence you've presumed a person guilty. I hope if you're ever charged with a crime that people will assume your innocence until proven guilty. It's the law.

As for me, I'll wait to see what evidence there is.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by thepixelpusher]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join