It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange no longer wanted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Article from the Swedish Prosecution's Website

Chief prosector Eva Finné has come to the desicion that Julian Assange is not suspected of rape. Considering that, Assange is no longer arrested in his absence.

And the story concludes. Thanks for the tabloid propagation, mainstream media. The ride is over.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That didn't take long... unfortunately the damage is done though, the media outlets certainly didn't waste anytime covering the nonsense... and of course they'll be in no hurry to retract the accusations and cover the most recent development confirming his innocence.

Interesting Article by CNN - Is Assange the target of a U.S. smear campaign?

[edit on 21/8/10 by Navieko]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I guess in the age of the internet you can be accused, wanted, found virtualy guilty, then innocent, all in one day.

Close one for Mr Assange, thanks god they didn't succeed in their play.

Viva openness!

Two33

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Agreed. He'll long after wear that "scarlet letter" in the eyes of Joe Q. Public and the 6 o'clock SnewZe crowd. Damage done - Mission accomplished.

I also think you're spot on with regards the mainstream media not rushing to retract the previous "stories", nor will they be quick to promote this latest absolution of any wrongdoing on his part.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I don't know the particulars of this man, ie., does he even go out in public? If so, he must be very careful what he glances at, esp. if he frequents the place. They have techniques which are pre-loaded with guilt assumptions, and all the technology requires is a simple eye movement in the direction of the set up, and it's a done deal. The technology moves forward. I am saying that there are traps, and if you are even aware of one, you are guilty. He must be watchful at all times, obviously, but must know what NOT to notice.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Now the question comes to:
Did Assange set this up to smear the United States government?

Remember, people have faked things to get publicity on television. Remember the balloon boy hiding in the attic, and the news media was being manipulated by his parents?

How far will Assange go to keep himself in the spotlight, so that the government will not act upon his threats?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Yeah, the MSM is in no hurry to print the retraction of charges. It is really what we all figured it was: a lot of crap. There was always the possibility that Assange really did perpetrate the crime. Because rape is a horrible charge, and really hard to prove someone innocent of, they knew just the accusation would muddy the waters around Wikileaks. They did a good job of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
About --- time too! And that taking into account the fact it didn't take very long. I hope the women who made the accusations are prosecuted to the full extent of the law, for slandering him AND wasting legal and police resources.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is a Global Awakening taking place. More and more people across the world are beginning to realise that they have been lied to and deceived. One gets the feeling that TPTB are becoming rather frightened by this and it is spiralling more and more out of their control. You might think this is unrelated to the current story, but I believe it is connected somewhat.

Unfortunately I don't think they will go down quietly

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

If I'm not mistaken, and according to the "story/article", the women had Yet to even file complaints ... (?)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Whether intentionally done or not, his image is forever tarnished for the average Joe. It's not extreme, but there's always the association; what's worse is if it continues to build.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

True, but they didn't need to. Swedish police don't have to have a complaint to launch a criminal investigation when it comes to rape. That may have been counted on by the two women.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What doesn't surprise but utterly shocked me was how quickly the MSM was ALL over this. FOX must already have 90min of tape and interviews in the can to run tonight. The stories on MSM were so upfront and so salacious you could see the saliva dripping off them.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

True, but they didn't need to. Swedish police don't have to have a complaint to launch a criminal investigation when it comes to rape. That may have been counted on by the two women.

Perhaps we should wait for more information to come to light. It is entirely possible that these two women had no direct involvement or desire to bring about these charges against Mr. Assange and they were coerced or manipulated into doing so. Let us not assume the worst about these two women without considering how these charges came about.

[edit on 21/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
wow, all that was over faster than getting rid
of a migraine. lol

after this, I have to wonder if unknown
entities will stoop this low to pin rape
and molestation charges on an individual
then I have to wonder if these same entities
couldn't smear the Catholic Church with
the same technique. I mean seriously,
there seems to be a new news story monthly
about some priest who did something to
somebody. Could this be just a type of
smear tactic to discredit whatever entity
(insert entity name here) that TPTB wants
to discredit?? Is it a trend to rid the world
of the church and/or dogooders???

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah, you're right. I tend to rush ahead on stories like this because they make me angry, but that's no excuse to make blind assumptions with the story when all facts aren't known yet. My bad.

But it's good to see that Mr Assange has been cleared already.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have seen this before ...

They accuse someone of something they didn't do, simply because they don't like what he or she has to say, or because they feel threatened, pile on with no evidence of wrongdoing, frenzy the waters, generate drama, etc.

And when nothing comes of it, they move on to someone else, never giving it a second thought and without regret, leaving the stigma of the accusation to linger.

It is cruel, cynical, and unjust, and it happens a lot more often that one might think.

And so it goes ...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh surprise freakin surprise...as I said in the other thread...it was an obvious HOAX!!! For those who were actually suspecting him of rape, maybe taping your eyes open will help you to see?

[edit on 21/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I consider myself to be a fair to good judge of character,and I never saw Mr Assange as a rapist or some other kind of demon.
I know a lot of people hate the guy,but I for one think hes in his job for what he thinks are honourable reasons,and I respect him for that.

The odds where high that something like this would happen,and I would put money on the whole rape thing being facilitated by CertIAn US intel people.

Its straight outta "the book of dirty tricks" IMO.

Trouble is it was more than likley also meant as a warning-that they can and will act against him.

And we all know that name smearing is pretty tame compared to what can happen...

[edit on 21/8/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
MSNBC: Sweden withdraws arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder

STOCKHOLM — Swedish prosecutors withdrew an arrest warrant for the founder of WikiLeaks on Saturday, saying less than a day after the document was issued that it was based on an unfounded accusation of rape.

They said that for the moment Julian Assange remains suspected of the lesser crime of molestation in a separate case.

He is not off the hook. Who called into the police department? Who is involved?

We don't have those answers. Is he trying to stay in the public's eye, so that the United States government doesn't go after him?

We have some serious questions to ask. Does someone else besides the United States government have a grudge on him?

FYI - Molestation is still a very serious crime. It is not a minor one.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Section31]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join