It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Republicans: Palin ‘no longer fit to lead’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Sarah Palin's passionate and repeated defense of talk show host Dr. Laura shows the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate is "no longer fit to lead," prominent black conservatives say.

The Daily Beast's John Avlon interviewed black leaders in the Republican Party and conservative movement and found few willing to back Palin's defense of Laura Schlessinger, who announced this week she would be ending her long-running radio show after using the "n-word" 11 times during a debate with a caller.

Michel Faulkner, a Republican challenging House Rep. Charlie Rangel in this fall's election, told Avlon: “Why Sarah Palin feels she needs to join in to Dr. Laura’s personal meltdown is beyond me. She’s sounding like she just likes to hear her own voice—and the voice that she has is no longer credible. It says that a leading voice among conservatives has joined the ranks of the entertainers—trying to shock us each day with more and more outlandish commentary. And at that moment that person is no longer fit to lead.”

The anger at Palin coming from black conservatives led Avlon to conclude that Palin "might finally have gone too far and picked a fight she cannot win."

"no longer fit to lead" I think most of us were aware of that fact when she cut and run from her constituents in Alaska.

However.....

I don't think exgov. Palin cares about what the Black Conservatives think of her.
She apparently has a plan and an agenda to rally the conservative old white men and adolescent milf seekers around her. Who knows there might just be enough Palin supporters to make her a viable political candidate; but I don't think most moderates see Palin as a leader and without the middle, even in the GOP, the far right is toast.

I love American politics in all it's permutations even when it morphs into a Theater of the Absurd that it has become.

For an indeapth look at a country's culture, look at it's leaders and the wannabees. Interesting times......

[edit on 21-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
no longer fit to lead ??
lmao

I knew this when she was McCain's
running mate in 2008.

I am not black or Republican
and I agree with that statement.

All Sarah has is her looks
if she had a brain to go with it
she would be dangerous.

But don't let Sarah's idiocy reflect
the true grassroots ideology of the
Tea Party. They are 2 different things.

The best move Sarah can make right now
for the good of the Tea Party and the people
is to distance herself from the Tea Party.
But I have a feeling she's too much
of an idiot to see that

And it will hurt the Tea Party in
the end.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't care what Palin thinks at all, shes oblivious to what freedom and liberty is about. It has nothing to do with foreign policy, I can tell you that much. She is a media darling that needs to be ignored for more qualified candidates like Ron Paul, Bob Barr and if he runs, Michael Badnarik.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Milf seekers,

That was just hilarious, but I like my milfs w/ a little more sense, and well Palin is rather lacking in that area.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ya, sure.

another country heard from. the black whom?

since when do they have that? and what bs are they throwing? lol!

i guess i will be waiting for the black dems to jump in and say they will not

vote for her in 2012.

this is getting more bizzaro every day.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ya, sure.

i guess i will be waiting for the black dems to jump in and say they will not

vote for her in 2012.

fooks, I think that's a given along with most cognizant, aware and awake Americans.

I don't even think Palin will mount a campaign in 2012. She is doing very well marketing herself to her targeted demographic; selling everything from books to personal appearances.

Her people know exactly what they are doing even if, apparently, Sarah doesn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
While I found Palin's book (although I realize it was ghostwritten) more intelligent than I had expected, she has never struck me as a mental heavyweight.

Oddly enough, I find her likable even as I think she is something of a dodo. She is not, however, up to one of the highest offices in the country and she probably never will be.

I think she is over-identifying with Dr. Laura in a way that shows her vulnerability to criticism or any kind of opposition. You have to have a thick skin to be a politician. I'm a little surprised at Palin's vehemence, though, as before reading her defense of Schlesinger I would not have thought even she was dumb enough to defend racism.

So much for her career.

I think the only reasons the right was keeping her around anyway were her "star quality" and sex appeal.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here we go again with another thread for the juvies to make naughty little remarks about Sarah Palin under the guise of 'political discourse'.
Remarks like 'adolescent milf seekers ' show the maturity level of the juvies.

I hope she doesn't run. She is doing a great job in her current role as fundraiser and promoter of conservative candidates and values. The primaries and the polls are surging in favor of the conservatives - the libs are taking a nosedive into the abyss.

I saw one - ONE - black Republican candidate make a statement against Palin. I say we drag him onto center stage and vet him until his eyes bleed. He certainly does not stand for black Republicans as a group.

Milf seekers,

That was just hilarious, but I like my milfs w/ a little more sense, and well Palin is rather lacking in that area.

Yeah, I'll bet you do.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

While I found Palin's book (although I realize it was ghostwritten) more intelligent than I had expected, she has never struck me as a mental heavyweight.

Oddly enough, I find her likable even as I think she is something of a dodo. She is not, however, up to one of the highest offices in the country and she probably never will be.

Well, think about it. The current occupant of that office is allegedly 'brilliant' and he has fooked up this country beyond belief. Maybe 'intelligence' is overrated, eh? Most successful leaders surround themself with brilliant people to help them make decisions.

I think she is over-identifying with Dr. Laura in a way that shows her vulnerability to criticism or any kind of opposition. You have to have a thick skin to be a politician. I'm a little surprised at Palin's vehemence, though, as before reading her defense of Schlesinger I would not have thought even she was dumb enough to defend racism.

Defending racism? Dr. Laura was pointing out the ridiculous double standard of the black audience that uses that word regularly while crying Racism!! at any white person that uses it.

Naturally, that's all it took for the pseudo-enlightened to jump on her and call her a racist, when in fact she was very courageous to bring the double standard into the sunlight to discuss it.

I think the only reasons the right was keeping her around anyway were her "star quality" and sex appeal.

She still has plenty of that!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Was she ever fit to lead?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Uh.

Palin was never fit to lead.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well she is as fit to lead as Obama and that is not in her favor, but one thing I am tired of people saying that this or that politician is not intelligent.I don't want extremely intelligent politicians because then you get lawyers and professors also I find them to be lacking common sense.I like my politicians to be just a little dumb and preferably ugly with no charisma.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I remember in high school, 11th grade, a black guy gave a speech to our class on how the "N" word means ignorant, and its not really racist. Its just taken that way by the masses due to the past.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Also I would like to say that just because someone uses a word. does not mean they don't believe in equality and freedom for all.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
so she lost the black republicans! how many hundred is that?
sarah is an old white guys wet dream, but thats about it.
with a flagpole instead of a stripper pole.making money
doing political lapdances

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sometimes I think Palin is working for the Dems. to drive the entire center away from the Republicans.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You know, if you crap on someone for being a Republican who is African-American because of their race YOU MIGHT BE A RACIST. Exactly where is it written that you have to plege allegiance to the Democratic Party if you're African-American? Um, you know that great paragon of "liberalism" FDR was virulent racist who refused to have his picture taken with African Americans AND locked up Japenses citizens in interment camps. Yeah, huh. Screw you and you're so called "liberalism".

I find it very, very arrogant to say that only Democrats can help African Americans. That's just BS.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
AND I find Sarah Palin to be a total plant from the CFR neo-cons. She's awful.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No longer...

Sometimes I think that she is a plant designed to destroy the GOP, then I remember Occam's Razor. Yes, the American people are simply that stupid.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't know where they found her but she's not fit to lead now or in the past or future. She can just keep looking at Russia from her backyard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join