It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies and the Iraq War: Then and Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Lies and the Iraq War: Then and Now

www.nbcnewyork.com

Bryan Casler of Iraq Veterans Against the War, a former Marine corporal, scoffs at the idea that only 50,000 non-combat troops are being left in Iraq. He told me: “They have tried to sell the public on a false pretense. The problem is we still have infantry there. They will still have weapons. And they’re talking about sending over thousands of ‘civilian contractors’ to train police and protect Iraqis. It’s b.s.”

“They’re just re-branding everyone. We’ll still be stuck in Iraq.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lies got us into this, so it's fitting that lies are taking us out.

Point being, all the headlines you're seeing about all combat troops being gone now are just more lies. Virtually nothing in Iraq has changed with the release of these headlines, yet when you listen to people talk or even glance at some articles around the internet, you can see that there are some people who believe we've pulled out of Iraq. Out as in all the way. When that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Private military contractors are now "diplomats."

Combat troops are now "advisors."

Doublespeak.

US Announces Second Fake End to Iraq War

The end of a war that was never declared.

All Lies, All the Time

I had to laugh when I saw the headline on Antiwar.com: "US Announces Second Fake End to Iraq War." Yes, I did indeed get a rush of déjà-vu as I listened to Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow solemnly describe "the end" of the "combat mission" in Iraq, and Richard Engel pontificate as the cameras zoomed in on the "last" convoy over the border to Kuwait.

Wow...look...we're leaving!!! See? Here's the video. BS is right.

Deaths will continue. The money will keep bleeding out. Nothing has changed. Nothing. All for the pipelines to Asia.

Perpetual war...get used to it.

Ahhh...the power of the media. They and the government count on us being stupid.

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Obama : Dear Americans!. I will end the Iraq war and move the troop out from Iraq.
PuppetMaster:Ok, move the troop to Kuwait and declare the war won. Call back when needed. Patrol and control Iraq from Kuwait. Set up an air alley from Kuwait. Its safer for us in Kuwait.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Through meditation and tarot reading, I found out that the troops never left actually.
They just move "somewhere else near".
Its merely a stone throw away according to my "soul companion".
Yeah, so much lies, poor Obama have to succumb to the PuppetMaster too. I guess ANY US president will do the same thing.

The root is too deep and too wide.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Of course there will still be troops in Iraq for 20 years, we got the leases on their major oilfields signed and have to 'protect our corporations interests'.

We still have troops in Japan and Germany from WWII.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Of course there will still be troops in Iraq for 20 years, we got the leases on their major oilfields signed and have to 'protect our corporations interests'.

We still have troops in Japan and Germany from WWII.

japan acts as a supply base in case if they start a war on china north korea, so that's why they are still there.

Every election in japan the leader or the senator has to be pro american and have to follow what america does.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

Yep...puppets and puppet masters. Seems to me the current administration honestly does want us out of the Middle East and Central Asia. This is a behind the scenes battle between the Zionist neocons and the CFR, this administration's puppet masters, as is so much going on these days. And thanks WikiLeaks (maybe they were used by the CFR, which is my inclination) for exposing some of these lies. Also interesting to keep an eye on is which news organizations report the news of the pullout and how they do it

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
From AP...
Army of Diplomats Takes the Lead in Fractious Iraq (Video Too)

Much is at stake as the [State] department negotiates with the Pentagon over acquiring enough Black Hawk helicopters, bomb-resistant vehicles and other heavy gear to outfit its own protection force in Iraq.

From Reuters...
As troops leave, U.S. to double contractors in Iraq

The United States is turning over much of future development work in Iraq to the State Department, which has asked for between $2-3 billion annually to help fund everything from new consulates to training Iraqi police.

Also from Reuters...a comprehensive look back at the war....
Bearing Witness: Five Years of the Iraq War

[edit on 8/22/2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

join