It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT: 'Bushehr launch a sign of US power fading'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Quote from video clip:

"It's the most strategic place on Earth." - Journalist Afshin Rattansi

Referring of course, to the Strait of Hormuz. This video clip from RT is amazing. It is such a counter-balance to the news here it is almost eerie.

More than likely, some will call this propaganda... and I would have to agree with that assessment.

Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing... it is hard to tell at this point.

But I definitely agree with what the journalist is saying.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by beebs]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Kind of an important issue right now... I think it deserves more attention by citizens and ATS alike.

Sergey Pereslegin, advisor to the Director of the Atomic Reactors Research Institute in Dimitrovgrad and author of the study “Myths of Chernobyl” shared his view on the issue in an interview with RT’s Nadezhda Kevorkova.

“Iran wants to have a peaceful nuclear program, because this would be an economic and technological breakthrough to modern technologies.” he said.

Bushehr is purely economic, not political issue – analyst

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
of course ...

they are more "carefull" now before attacking another country with another illegal war of occupation..
next war will have no ground invasion from the USA ...
many airstrike with big bombs and missiles .. thats it
USA is the arrogant and meprisable one .. sadly (my friendly neighboor)

but they know(some high ranked generals).. that there is a slight chance they can have their ass kicked
if they go wage another war with missile and airstrikes on a country like Iran
China and Russia (big empires) can join in against the USA empire
they can destroy the USA
they are not friend of the USA
they have also huge millitary assets
and a bigger army .. brand new army... (they didnt use their army like the USA did since 2001)

thats why they didnt attack yet and probably wants to wait more
Israel wont wait to long ...

[edit on 8/21/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Many believed that power derives from the barrel of a gun. And US have the most tech advance military might in the world.

But in the Age of Enlightenment, many realised now that it is logic and reasoning that will rule the hearts and minds of humanity, and not might. Might is only temporary at best.

As such, US will let go most of it redundant war machine and keeps only strategic forces. So too will China, like Russia, realizes it cannot continue to feed it 2 million strong non-productive military in the face of hunger and social needs from its 1.3 people.

True power lays in the might of hearts and minds of humanity, utilising its free-will. Free-will is a double edged sword and there are no 'greys' in between. One either uses it to assist a civilised society to evolve upwards to greater heights, or to selfishly use it self-centredly which only brings destruction to a society.

Never doubt the power and might of one man imbued with free-will. Alone, he can bring the world down to its knees as a terrorist and the spread of his destructive ideas, which no bullets can kill.

But similarly, never doubt the power and free will of just a few good men, for our evolution lays with what actions they do to counter such selfish and self serving individuals.

Throughout the history of mankind, it had been such men who saved humanity, such as the more recent ones - Team Queen Elizabeth I, Team George Washington, Team FD Roosevelt, Team Gandhi, Team Mandela, etc. and many more unknown names, as history is still being written and usually takes a 100 years before much can be brought to better perspectives.

It would be a mistake, and a disinfo to presume US has lost its power to change events due to the Iranian power station incident. It may be a loss in Might, but the battle for hearts and minds had not been lost on the rest of humanity, on its stayed of hand from a catastrophic war.

It will be humanity with open eyes and mind whom decides who had actually won in this encounter, and not some journalist with an axe to grind or radical religious followers whose extreme views already render themselves without credibility.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've heard this so many times over the years. "Blah, blah, blah, America power fading, falling, ______ (fill in the blank)"

I remember this said about sputnik.

We'll see what happens, this time.

join