It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange accused of raping 2 women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Really, just think about it. Major media figure and figurehead (Julian Assange) of a controversial organization (Wikileaks) with a major eye for his image visits a country to give a talk and hopefully have servers set up there. Then he randomly rapes not one, but two women (both of whom know each other) for no particular reason? Mere days after the most powerful country in the Western world asks its allies to limit his movement and stifle Wikileaks? Right as the public discussion over getting servers set up happens?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
And the funny part about it: Not one , but TWO woman. Julian must have had a great RAPING SPREE in one night.

*sarcasm*

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I'm not saying he did or didn't commit these 2 acts - but until he gets proven, beyond any reasonable doubt, guilty of these allegations he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

What a load of rubbish. What planet are you living on? We all know he is considered GUILTY as soon as he is accused. Innocent until proven guilty is a MYTH. The world does not work that way! He will forever have the rapist label attached to him now - even if he is innocent.

Even if he is cleared of all charges (which would probably only happen if he doesnt release any more leaks) people will ALWAYS remember him as a rapist regardless - remember Michael Jackson? He was not found guilty yet people still label him.

If he is guilty I hope he gets what he deserves. If he is innocent, then his accusers deserve the punishment for rapists.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

TOTALLY AGREE ABOVE POSTER.

This accusation has gone MAD and VIRAL already...google it and hundreds of newspapers will show. As usual, Prejudice will prevail, ignorance will win, The sheeple will continue to moan.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Or maybe not everything is a conspiracy and he did infact rape these women. Personally I've been against the wikileaks stealing and posting classified information due to the fact it was done in malice and potentially could get innocent people killed. Here's my take on it if your not the US or Afghanistan butt out.

[edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
. Personally I've been against the wikileaks stealing and posting classified information due to the fact it was done in malice and potentially could get innocent people killed.

Potentially, Sir, those leaks will save a lot more innocent people, because the US military will get a lot quicker out of Afghanistan, due to all their lies exposed.

"Every 9.62 days, there is an equivalent amount of casualties in Iraq & Afghanistan as September 11th.": source

[edit on 21-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Also reported in the Swedish paper Aftonbladet , I don't buy it this is a smear tactic .This is a set up .

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Now the L.A Times and other sites are reporting this nonsense. It's being reported on various Twitter accounts too it seems. Whom ever is responsible, you are scum and you reap what you sow.

This is very low down and just shows how people can be so evil.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here's my take on it if your not the US or Afghanistan or butt out.

And here's my take. You butt out.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Here's my take on it if your not the US or Afghanistan or butt out.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You're not suggesting that America is the only country involved in the Afghan conflict, are you?

This smells like a set-up to me and time will tell whether I'm right or wrong. As was stated earlier, it's far too convenient for this explosive news to come out now, since the efforts to arrest Julian for releasing those files have come to nothing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

JAK

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Lets not get sidetracked here, there are plenty of threads about Wikileaks (good, bad, disinfo etc.).

This one is specifically to discuss the arrest and/or possible theories surrounding the warrant issued for Julian Assange.

[edit on 21/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

How predictable indeed!

I don't know what's worse really, that they have started the smear campaign against him, or that it is SO blatant and amateurish, i worry for the state of the West's intelligence services!

I mean...E minus for effort really.

For Assange, it's obviously better than a 'heart attack' or fatal vehicle crash, but come on!

I could have come up with something better than this if i gave it a day or two's thinking time, these people are supposed to be professionals!

To think, our safety is in their incompetent hands...blimey.

What next is on the cards?

I suppose Assange will be reported to be so racked with 'guilt' that..what...a drugs overdose or suicide from the unbearable despair?!

A poison umbrella? Radioactive material planted in his food/chair/home?

Note to 'security services'..you really ought to employ a few more ATS members, we come up with infinitely more plausible scenarios every day, than you guys can muster after months of thinking!

They've obviously cracked the 'insurance file' encryption, and feel they can live with the contents being known, will we now see the key released i wonder?

I'm guessing most of the mental muscle has gone into the 'insurance' on this one..working out ways to limit the impact, they should have devoted more to the initial smear campaign i think.

I actually feel insulted they imagine the public so ignorant.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What better way for the Goverment to get the public to hate this man, accuse him of raping not one but two women!

Or it could be a case of nutty women accusing him of rape but lying about it, its happened a lot in the past.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I believe this is nothing more than a smear campaign. Show me evidence. Physical evidence. This is character assassination of the worst kind, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice
The man is a rapist. Accept it, get over it and stop praising the man like he's some God.

It's funny how any time some one claims to have some dirt on America every foreigner out there jumps online spewing hatred to America and praising scum like this guy.

I've seen more predigest on here from most of you non Americans than I've seen hard facts about any of your claims/beliefs. Just remember, all of your governments are just as "bad" as Americas and you should start fixing the problems with your own country before trying to fix those of America.

What ever happened to INNOCENT until Proven Guilty? your statement has him guilty just because someone said he is, pretty sad if you ask me.

Also maybe you should switch the rest of your statement on its head, America should keep its nose out of the rest of the Worlds business, stop making excuses to invade every country that has something America wants, stop threatening every Country that does not jump to American commands, and should stop breaking international laws, then perhaps there would not be a need to leak Americas dirty little secrets.

Maybe then we can all get around to fixing the problems which enslave people all around the World to keep people like you with shoes on your feet.

Conspiracy or not, its a bit of a coincidence don't you think? they cant shut him up, so they are trying to put him down, and away out of sight, trying to turn people away from what he does.

However I have a feeling his insurance file will be brought into play should things go to far, I also have a feeling that what is in that file will be a lot more revealing than the first group they released.

Anyone who downloaded the insurance file, I IMO feel it may be wise to store that file on a separate storage device away from my computer, just in case they have something up their sleeves to corrupt the file where its kept.

link   
reply to post by nagabonar

"Every 9.62 days, there is an equivalent amount of casualties in Iraq & Afghanistan as September 11th."

And when you consider 'we' have been there for NINE YEARS, it put's it into a real human context doesn't it.

link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by lee anoma
The fact is, he may be guilty or this could be a false accusation but to say he's innocent without even knowing all the facts is moronic...

...and the cornerstone on what our justice system is built upon.

Innocent until proven guilty.

"Presumption" of innocence.

I understand that concept, but I think you misunderstand my point and how that relates to the responses in this thread.

People here claiming he is innocent aren't talking about in the obvious civics sense.
They have already concluded he didn't do this without one shred of evidence and claiming this is all a governmental conspiracy.

That form of tin-hat presumption isn't a part of the cornerstone of justice, and if it is, we are all screwed.

A jury isn't supposed to come into the stand believing the person undoubtedly and inflexibly innocent they are supposed to weigh the facts and make a determination. It's a fact-finding endeavor not something solely based on gut-feelings which is what we are seeing in this thread. They can't say he MUST be innocent because he exposed Governmental cover-ups.

Otherwise they are excused for prejudice and contamination.

Innocent until guilty doesn't equate to:

"He couldn't possibly have done this, this is a conspiracy and the U.S. is after him because he is a international hero!!"

You don't want that person on a jury.
They're irresponsible with the deductive methods of their own judgments.

I hope you can see the difference between that lack of objectivity, and what I meant when I said:

I love Wikileaks but I'll wait for the facts before I adamantly say he's innocent."

That is the way it is supposed to be for the unbiased and the objective people in the world.

Unless of course the U.S. and Sweden are not innocent until proven guilty as well because they've been condemned in this thread.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If he is a rapist, it's not like it means the whistleblowing is part of a secret rapist agenda. I wouldn't think it would hurt Wikileaks, but then again Bill Clinton almost got impeached for cheating on his wife which everyone seemed to equate with him being an unfit president.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Doubt it, Do you honestly think that will stop the US goverment from doing what it wants?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

It does no good speaking to a brick wall. He clearly chooses not to use his brain and think for himself. That's why such people are the stupid sheople.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join