It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange accused of raping 2 women

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
MSNBC: Sweden withdraws arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder

STOCKHOLM — Swedish prosecutors withdrew an arrest warrant for the founder of WikiLeaks on Saturday, saying less than a day after the document was issued that it was based on an unfounded accusation of rape.

They said that for the moment Julian Assange remains suspected of the lesser crime of molestation in a separate case.

Quick Update.

Assange is still a suspect in a molestation case. Not all of it has gone away.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

but riddle me this , they had consentual sex how can molestation be in the picture ,

Consent refers to the provision of approval or assent, particularly and especially after thoughtful consideration

molestation = Non-consensual, forced physical sexual behavior

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well this is odd ....

On news.google.com it shows:

So I clicked the link for the telegraph article ( www.telegraph.co.uk... ) and saw this,

Interesting, no?

Update:

Seems they moved the article to here: www.telegraph.co.uk...

No conspiracy, they just changed the article to the correct category.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

but riddle me this , they had consentual sex how can molestation be in the picture.

Where are you getting this information from?

I cannot find it anywhere. I may have missed that, but where does it say it in the articles?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The word molestation is probably more smearing than rape if the story is plastered across newspapers/TV/internet.

What immediately comes to your mind when you hear the word molestation? How about the word rape? Both words cause disgust and anger, but there's an extra-special place of loathing for molestors in most people's minds.

Molestation is almost always associated with the sexual abuse of a child.
If it were sexual abuse of an adult, the charge would almost always be sexual assault.

For Sweden to say that the "lesser" charge of molestation does not require an immediate arrest confuses me, and adds credence to the idea that all of the charges are bogus.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All this is doing is displaying the 'retarded' comprehension of the public...the old tricks don't work anymore.

Whoever created this story...way to go. You just exposed classified information and showed your hand.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Agree with many of the posters here... just think about it. What charge would really stick in the mind of the public w/ this release, even if the "charges" were dismissed? Rape/molestation is way up there.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
its telegraph.co.uk

how many times do i have to tell people that .co.uk sites are all tabloids.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
its telegraph.co.uk

how many times do i have to tell people that .co.uk sites are all tabloids.

It's front page CNN.com and many other non-telegraph.co.uk.tabloidage.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

the "30 year old" said that it started as consent full sex that turned into molestation ?,

she´s not the one who was alledgedly raped thats the "20 year old" friend who had told the "30 year old" about her incident where she had gotten raped , the charges that where later dropped.

all i see if this penetraition of the 30 year old is that he might have been ruffer then what she´s used to and played on them feelings of emphaty when her "20 year old " friend told her about her experience..

the 30 year old should just have said stop if it was more then she could handle....

its just a honeypot/trap gone sour.

-------

its in all the tabloids/papers in .se land

www.expressen.se
www.aftonbladet.se

guess i can add

www.dn.se
www.svd.se

happy hunting

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
FOX News: Pentagon Lawyers Consider Criminal Charges Against WikiLeaks
Article Date: Published August 21, 2010

WASHINGTON—Pentagon lawyers believe that online whistleblower group WikiLeaks acted illegally in disclosing thousands of classified Afghanistan war reports and other material, and federal prosecutors are exploring possible criminal charges, officials familiar with the matter said.

A joint investigation by the Army and the Federal Bureau of Investigation is still in its early stages and it is unclear what course the Department of Justice will decide to take, according to a U.S. law-enforcement official.

While everyone was looking to the right, something was happening on the left. Hmmm... Sounds to me like Assange might end up on the top ten most wanted list.

Original:: WSJ.com:: Prosecutors Eye WikiLeaks Charges

This occurred before the rape charges. Did Assange setup a fake rape story, to blame on the US government, so he can win over public sympathy? Interesting...

Assange is running paranoid. It is only a mater of time, and he will let his guard down. Time is on the government's side.

Run Forest Assange. Run...

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Although I expect it's probably a set-up this guy could've actually done it too be honest.

link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by zerbot565

but riddle me this , they had consentual sex how can molestation be in the picture.

Where are you getting this information from?

I cannot find it anywhere. I may have missed that, but where does it say it in the articles?

This is probably a clear case of two cry-rape women in Sweden - read my earlier post with links in this thread!

Freely and quickly translated from the article in Aftonbladet.

In both cases, it is about voluntary sex said the women - The other woman wanted to report rape. I gave my story as testimony to her story and to support her. We stand firm by our testimonies the woman said to Aftonbladet.

The responsibility for what happened to me and the other girl is in a man with a skewed view of womens, and a man that can't take a no for an answer.

www.aftonbladet.se...

So both women says they had voluntary sex with Assange on seperate occasions but says that he molested them later on during the sex act

Probably some Kinky stuff during sex - or the second hole perhaps?

So like so many revengeous women has done before them in Sweden, they said that they had been raped to the Police - because they knew that the Police need to take immediate action when it comes to rape.

They were probably starstruck by the charming Assange and then slept with a famous guy who maybe promised them more than casual sex (love/relationship?) and a one night stand, and they got disappointed when he was using them for one night only?

(I'm speculating here)

Unfortunately, a similar modus operandi 'scenario' with false rape accusations as the result is not unusual at all.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

link   

Originally posted by zerbot565Happy Hunting

What that means it that you lied.

If you did have any facts to back up your claim, you would have handed it over without a second thought. You lied.

reply to post by Chevalerous

Thank you Chevalersous.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Well as it turned out...your maybes were incorrect.

So, maybe...just maybe, you should look at all the information first before laying down an accusation.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

My thoughts exactly, perhaps went for it and couldn't hack being rejected.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

where i lie ?

please show

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If this has been said before, I apologize.

But this is all Wikileaks fault. As a whistleblower organization, they should have never caste a single figure into the spotlight... In fact, they should have never caste any figure into the spotlight. They should have let the content of the leaks speak for themselves. Allowing personification of their organization via Assange has proven a dire mistake.

One would think that an organization that wishes to create global transparency would be dedicated to the same internally - meaning they wouldn't have allowed a convicted hacker (or any person) to embody the organization itself. Couple that with some shady financial expenditures and this causes many to suspect the intentions of an organization who's stated mission is total transparency.

That said, the recent happenings (these charges included) are playing out like a soap opera and its blatantly apparent that more is happening than is publicly exposed - whether that's forces against WL or not.

Wikileaks has the ability to do great good for society - unfortunately they possess the ability to do as much harm.

Let's hope they are fighting the good fight.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

And how can you be so sure?
I mean it's funny, just because this guy and his Wikileaks is so loved by so many people here, doesn't mean that he is a saint. Everything is possible, right?

I thought people would have learned something from the Catholic sex scandals.
Guess not.

The fact is, he may be guilty or this could be a false accusation but to say he's innocent without even knowing all the facts is moronic.

Pillars of the community, human/civil rights leaders or activists, priests and popes, and spiritual guides have all been found to have committed sexual abuses of men women and children.

I love Wikileaks but I'll wait for the facts before I adamantly say he's innocent.

You know...don't want to inadvertently defend a rapist.

- Lee

Your post drips with the unfounded innuendo that he is guilty.

Would you like the same standard applied to accusations made against you! You are presuming he is guilty merely because he is accused. By doing so you grant any accuser the unbridled power to harm and even destroy others. The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.

I will consider him innocent until proven otherwise.

I suggest you reserve judgment and do the same.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Hi! I'm from Sweden.
Normaly I wouldn't trust Expressen but this time it seems to be correct."
www.aklagare.se...

Hi WafflesInTheEarth!
Just joined ATS today? Why?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by hypattia]

[edit on 21-8-2010 by hypattia]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join