It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran prepares to start first nuclear reactor after years of delay, Russia pledges to safeguard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yes it can. The by-product of the spent fuel from a LWNR is plutonium. Its just generated in much smaller amounts than with a HWNR so to say it CANT be used for bombs=fail. Its just not the "most efficient" method, but its definitely a method nonetheless.

Originally posted by crisko

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by princeofpeace

It's never even been possible to use this type of reactor fuel for a bomb.

Correct, it's a light water reactor, or LWR - can't be used in the nuke process, which is why the U.S. really hasn't made a fuss about it.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

The plutonium is likely very contaminated with Pu240, not worthy of a plutonium bomb...While all eyes are on this reactor what is going on in Natanz at the enrichments facilities?That is where the really danger lies..
And while they might not have the intentions to produce a bomb now, if a war breaks out between Israel and Lebanon they could produce one, if the enrichment facilities are working on full power they might as well produce an uranium bomb within a month and with a nice guntype detonator they might just drop one on Tel aviv or sneak it into that city..I have a very bad feeling about their porgram....

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
Why am I not surprised that Fox News/Drudge/FreeRepublic are the only ones heavily reporting/spinning/fear mongering this?

Little to no mentions on CNN, MSNBC, HuffPo, et al.

Yawn.

Actually CNN mentions it all the time. Who even considers MSNBC, or Huffpost a legit source of news? O yea, lefties like you. Fox/drudge report on news that matters. Don't get me wrong, totally right wing bias, but they are correct in reporting about Iran's nuclear intentions.

I really got sucked into the bp oil spill because of you oil hating hippies. I thought I agreed with you for some time. Talk about fear mongering. We thought Florida would get hit by a title wave. I was constantly watching PMSNBC, and reading all your comments day after day. Obviously it was a bad spill and we will feel the effects for some time, but it was blown way out of proportion.

There will be a time when Iran does something to Israel, and people who agree with me will stand correct. That's when you guys with no evidence will come around claiming a false flag. Many Israelis will die and you will say they did it to themselves. You people are very predictable.

<< 1   >>

join