It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran prepares to start first nuclear reactor after years of delay, Russia pledges to safeguard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Iran prepares to start first nuclear reactor after years of delay, Russia pledges to safeguard

www.foxnews.com

BUSHEHR, Iran – BUSHEHR, Iran (AP) — Iranian and Russian nuclear technicians made final preparations to start up Iran's first reactor on Saturday after years of delays, an operation that will mark a milestone in what Tehran considers its right to produce nuclear energy.

Nationwide celebrations are planned for the fuel loading at the Bushehr facility in southern Iran, while Russia pledges to safeguard the plant and prevent spent nuclear fuel from being shifted to a possible weapons program.

"The startup operations will be a big success for Iran," conservative lawmaker Javad Karimi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/21/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So here it is. Now they have what they wanted will it be peaceful? Since thats what they have been preaching all along. And will Israel still strike? I have a feeling that things will start to heat up rapidly now that the fuel is being unloaded. I suppose only time will tell. Whats the chances of the United States putting more sanctions against them now?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/21/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
its just my opinion but i don't believe Israel will get nuke mainly because its too important of land there....it will be ruined and then they will be unable to build anything like temples etc....over there its Holy land to both the Jews and the Muslims so why would they ruin such a land you know. i think its our own government just causing fear.....however, if they do get bomb i like to go ahead and say in advance forgive me for being wrong.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Shar]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hey mods
Iran Begins Fueling First Nuclear Reactor, that is the headline copied exactly from the article? What gives? I just went back and rechecked the headline to make sure I was correct? Not only that but now it points to a different article????

[edit on 21-8-2010 by jaynkeel]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Iran has lots of oil, but no refineries evidently.
So logically to move their society forward, as well as gaining International
Respect, this would be the proper choice. If I am not mistaken, Iran has
signed agreements with the International Community and the IAEA.
Unlike some of their neighboring countries.

Now to be certain I am neither "Pro Iranian", nor "Anti Iranian".

I am just deducing from the information that is available to me.

It must be stated however, that if I were Iranian, I would want to have
this capability due to FEAR of the arms race that has surrounded my
beloved country.

I would make the same statement if I were in Iceland, Antarctica, Israel,
Russia,China, England,France, or here in The United States of America for
that matter. Perhaps anywhere on this Blue Earth of ours.

Granted, The concern remains that a "Madman" will access these capabilities
for unspeakable aims. Are we not ALL vulnerable to this? Already?

Concerning Cold War Nuclear Tests, Chernobyl type events, and all of the
catastrophic fallout, wouldn't the best decision be that none of us fellow
human beings pursue this dangerous enterprise at all?

Study the half life of these elements in detail for a moment.

I pray that intelligence will prevail Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My Wife read me a Swedish article online . The plant is supposedly active right now . Heard this about a hour ago . I am not sure of the time or timezone differance as im in Australia .Won't get anything on our media as it is our Fedral Election today nothing else on the idiot box here today .

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
One Minute pls!

I totally support Iran getting nuclear weapons, they need to defend themselves from the Israeli jerks. Go Iran!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lalande 21185

Can I ask you a question about Turkeys Jewish population. Are they becoming less tolerated by Turks in general due to the activities of Israel?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by lalande 21185

Can I ask you a question about Turkeys Jewish population. Are they becoming less tolerated by Turks in general due to the activities of Israel?

During World War II Despite the harsh policies of ethnic homogenization during the early republican perio, the Turkish stance towards Jews in German-occupied Europe remained relatively positive. Even though Turkey remained neutral during World War II (until its symbolic declaration of war on Nazi Germany on 23 February 1945) and officially forbade granting visas to German Jews, individual Turkish diplomats (such as Necdet Kent, Namık Kemal Yolga, Selahattin Ülkümen and Behiç Erkin) did work hard to save Jews from the Holocaust. According to Prof. Stanford J. Shaw "some 15,000 Turkish Jews from France, and even of some 100,000 Jews from Eastern Europe" were saved because of Turkish efforts.[29] On the other hand, Turkey has been implicated in the Struma disaster, due to its refusal to allow the Jewish refugees on board to disembark in Turkish territory.

en.wikipedia.org...
Jews and Muslims lived in peace together in this holy lands under the Ottoman rules.

And That's ,what they gave us now.

israel killed 9 innocent Turks. who the # are you f.cking israel. They WILL pay this.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by lalande 21185]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Hey mods
Iran Begins Fueling First Nuclear Reactor, that is the headline copied exactly from the article? What gives? I just went back and rechecked the headline to make sure I was correct? Not only that but now it points to a different article????

[edit on 21-8-2010 by jaynkeel]

Looks like there are two Foxnews articles on the same subject because your original is still there. Don't know why the mods would change it except for lack of coffee.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Read the blurb under the picture of the reactor in the foxnews artical:

"Russian and Israel engineers began loading the reactor with fuel on Saturday."

Wow, so the Israeli's are actually helping the Russians to load the fuel? I knew this whole thing was shady from the beginning!!! The freakin Israeli's are in on the whole thing!!

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 21-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 21-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

WOW!

That's gotta be a mistake
It's gotta be, for one it says ' Russian and Israel engineers began loading the reactor with fuel on Saturday.' where it should read 'Israeli engineers' to be grammatically correct.

I've just got a screen grab of that one! - I'll edit this post in a second

edit: there ya are!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c80aabaa6e54.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's a simple typo, it would, or should have read 'Iranian engineers'.

[edit on 21/8/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yes, the Israelis have always been involved in the plant construction. It's just a nuclear power plant but if you only got your news from Fox it was Iranian NUKES every time it was mentioned. It's never even been possible to use this type of reactor fuel for a bomb.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

It's never even been possible to use this type of reactor fuel for a bomb.

Correct, it's a light water reactor, or LWR - can't be used in the nuke process, which is why the U.S. really hasn't made a fuss about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What? Israel helping - that has to be one major typo!! What the hell is going on with that! If it was a typo wouldn't it be corrected like immediately?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All I know is at 2:19am it was worded right. I did a screen grab of the homepage because of the debacle of the title change on my post. I thought someone was trying to pull a fast one on my thread. But it seems they merged articles and thats why all the confusion with my post. Although I prefered my original title over this new wordy one. Still quite the funny typo none the less!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised that Fox News/Drudge/FreeRepublic are the only ones heavily reporting/spinning/fear mongering this?

Little to no mentions on CNN, MSNBC, HuffPo, et al.

Yawn.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yes, the Israelis have always been involved in the plant construction. It's just a nuclear power plant but if you only got your news from Fox it was Iranian NUKES every time it was mentioned. It's never even been possible to use this type of reactor fuel for a bomb.

This really is the only reply/post in this thread that matters.

Please stop relying on right wing news sources if you want actual facts on the Middle East. Please, people.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yes it can. The by-product of the spent fuel from a LWNR is plutonium. Its just generated in much smaller amounts than with a HWNR so to say it CANT be used for bombs=fail. Its just not the "most efficient" method, but its definitely a method nonetheless.

Originally posted by crisko

It's never even been possible to use this type of reactor fuel for a bomb.

Correct, it's a light water reactor, or LWR - can't be used in the nuke process, which is why the U.S. really hasn't made a fuss about it.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

OMG... is this like letting the "fox watch the henhouse?' ... The clock is ticking and we all know what for. WW3 maybe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join