It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Left and the Right Demagogue Mosque, Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why does it get air time?

Why does it get face time?

Why is it in the news?

Because it pisses people off.

Why?

Because it is intended to do so.

It is intended as an offense.

No. No. Be nice. Smile. Pretend it isn't a sneer and an insult.

Can't have people thinking we have an opinion of our own.

That would be terrible.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is why I support Ron Paul while still not agreeing with every decision he may make. When people are even keel on issues and apply common sense approaches to looking at issues, then I know they are at least honest with themselves. They do not try to silence others; rather, attempt to show why the issue is conjured up in their own head. The solution to such an issue is to deny the thought as there is no reasonable logic behind the emotion.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I definitely agree with him here. At first I will admit it was a very entertaining topic to discuss. And even a serious one if we are to consider the importance of the first amendment when it comes to freedom of religion (which I take EXTREMELY serious).

But then it dragged on... and on... and on...

It grabbed headlines from all major sources and many minor sources. Pundits from all over were talking about it. Even several ATS members acted like a dog with a bone they wouldn't let go and flooded the site with every little soap box update on it.

At that point, it became 'ENOUGH already.'

So, yes. I am of the firm belief now it is being used as a distraction.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
There are very big issues in the world that kind of put religious disputes in a minor position. I think some one already wrote that a couple of posts back. The solutions are way beyond me.

The fight is just too tough for me. I believe there are good guys and unsung heroes behind the scene that try to make the world a lot better than it is right now. Salute and big thank you for them.

I don't think the elites are using the muslim vs the west as a distraction. It is indeed a distraction for the people, but not because the elites are trying to distract people from the economy. This is one of the elites main agenda, it's about staying in control. I don't think they're scared if an economic meltdown indeed happens, since I believe they're the one who engineer it in the first place, they control the money flow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join