It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Anti Muslim Blow Up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by itguysrule

Grow up and look at the real America.

Why don't you grow up and quit diverting from one subject to another. We aren't talking about voting rights or civil rights or anything like that. I simply said America is a majority Christian country and you are in the minority. It's just a statement of fact.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Why would you quot his words but change them? To make it look as if he said what you want him to say?

You misquoted him on purpose and it seems you are trolling please stop with the BS. I would expect the MODS to remove your post or warn you about this.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Grow up and look at the real America.

Why don't you grow up and quit diverting from one subject to another. We aren't talking about voting rights or civil rights or anything like that. I simply said America is a majority Christian country and you are in the minority. It's just a statement of fact.

You got upset with me not liking Christianity and saying that American Conservatives want America to become a Christian nation. Which I proved to you it is not and should never be. But you want to pout about losing the argument. I could care less if I'm apart of a majority or minority. No one has the right to oppress the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As a Christian I have to agree that Islam is being set up for a fall, as a scapegoat for the worlds problems. Their own fault?, dunno I am not quite sure where the control lies at this point. Arguably it is all part of the plan though, we will see how it all plays out.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Separation of church and state, without it we are all lost.

Second

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by slane69

There are bad fruits in any religion as well Atheism. You shouldn't blame a person's beliefs on the crime. Unless they used their religion as apart of the crime. Which is really sick if they do that.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You got upset with me not liking Christianity and saying that American Conservatives want America to become a Christian nation. Which I proved to you it is not and should never be. But you want to pout about losing the argument. I could care less if I'm apart of a majority or minority. No one has the right to oppress the other.

You have proven nothing to anyone except your ability to repeat talking points. I don't know where the bit about oppressing each other came up unless you are now trying to claim you are a victim. Anyway, enjoy your atheism - -

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You have proven nothing to anyone except your ability to repeat talking points. I don't know where the bit about oppressing each other came up unless you are now trying to claim you are a victim. Anyway, enjoy your atheism - -

I'm not playing the victim card. I'm just enjoying my time proving you wrong. Now you're acting childish because you want to promote the majority has power over the various minority's.
Atheists will celebrate life, while you’re in church celebrating death.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You have a twisted view of Religion. I am sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You have a twisted view of Religion. I am sorry for you.

You have a twisted view of history, life and the world. I am sorry for you.
Remember this beautiful quote from Confucius
Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Let us remember the original topic of discussion and try to leave the personal attacks off the board.

Mods are on alert in this thread.

Grady

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes, I got a problem with Christians. America is not a Christian nation and I'm glad it's not. I'm an Atheist not a Muslim.

So America is NOT a Christian nation?? OK then, enjoy your happy little fantasy. I see you live in Sacramento. That is definitely not mainstream America.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by itguysrule]

What's the separation of church and state then? Just for fun?
Give it up, America never was a christian nation.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Because as we all know, a handful within a group is capable of justifying broad generalizations of a mass of people.

If only this were true my friend. Unfortunately it is not a handful. Some say that sympathy for Muslim extremism among mainstream Muslim society runs as high as 15-20%. Among a billion people that may be as many as 200 million extremists.

www.jihadwatch.org...

www.danielpipes.org...

This sort of reasoning is always used as an apology for Muslim atrocities. It needs to stop. We need to realize that core belief systems and values strongly effect outcomes. In this case we have a Holy book explicitly calling for slavery and death to infidels, and in particular selecting Jews and Christians as objects of hate. All this is codified in the Koran.

The Jews call Ezra a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30)

Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You are stating a non-sequitur. America is a land of laws, first and foremost. The Treaty of Tripoli establishes in law that the United States is not to be a Christian theocracy. Christians may make up the majority of the population in the USA, but they do not have the legal power to govern America according to their religious beliefs to the exclusion of all others. So, whether or not Christians form the majority, the American state is not Christian.

That said, religious fundamentalists want to turn America into a Christian theocracy, not a utopia (there is no single plan for an ideal United States of Jesusland). They want to base the law on the Bible, in part or in full. This means turning biblical prophecy into foreign policy, and stir up this hornet's nest in Israel so that they can bring about their half-sheep space wizard's return, or something. It's bad huju all around!

I hope I've brought this back on topic somehow.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If only this were true my friend. Unfortunately it is not a handful. Some say that sympathy for Muslim extremism among mainstream Muslim society runs as high as 15-20%. Among a billion people that may be as many as 200 million extremists.

www.jihadwatch.org...

www.danielpipes.org...

Oh yes, one guys blog and a site called jihadwatch are totally reliable sources and could not be biased at all

And lets not forget the survey done awhile back where most americans considered adulterers the worst crime, higher than murder even.

This sort of reasoning is always used as an apology for Muslim atrocities. It needs to stop. We need to realize that core belief systems and values strongly effect outcomes. In this case we have a Holy book explicitly calling for slavery and death to infidels, and in particular selecting Jews and Christians as objects of hate. All this is codified in the Koran.

Yeah, and christians are alot better? Have you read the bible? Have you seen the atrocities carried out in the bible? Welcome to most organized religions, the older the book is, the more killing and violence are inside.

The Jews call Ezra a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30)

My god, that says nothing!
Boo hoo, they're asking their god to curse others, christians have been doing it for centuries.

Sounds like a sad attempt to paint an entire religion, or "15-20%" as extremists, when in reality it's probably around the same rate, maybe a little higher (Due to the conditions in most muslim worlds) than Christianity.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I believe another user by the name of Fractured.Facade said it best for me.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I recall the Bible also mentions hateful words to people.
Here's a large collection here.
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Also, I can sweeten the deal.

I also can do the same with Islam.
Here I can make Islam look very evil.

While I also can make it very passionate.

Remember deny ignorance!

See with the links I can turn both the Bible and Koran as weapons of hate or love or both. Anyone can use a verse. It's take faith to follow the religion.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

They want to base the law on the Bible, in part or in full. This means turning biblical prophecy into foreign policy, and stir up this hornet's nest in Israel so that they can bring about their half-sheep space wizard's return, or something.

That comment is just plain offensive. Do you also draw pictures of Allah for an encore?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Also here's a nice site that won't be biased.
It's called the CHRISTIAN science monitor.
www.csmonitor.com...
Turns out the U.S supports terror more than any other nation except for Nigeria.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You are right that most modern religions have Holy Texts that promote violence and intolerance towards people that are not apart of that religion. The major difference between the religions is how they have adapted to modern day society and the actions of their adherents. While religions such as Christianity and Judaism continue to struggle with this change, the number of violent acts done in the name of religion is minuscule compared to the number of violent acts done in the name of Islam by Extremists today.

Israel might very well be behind the current "anti-Muslim Blow Up", but that still does not negate the fact that Extremism within Islam is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. People can keep saying it is "only a small group" but that is not stopping the growing stack of dead bodies across the globe.

[edit on 23/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Also here's a nice site that won't be biased.
It's called the CHRISTIAN science monitor.
www.csmonitor.com...
Turns out the U.S supports terror more than any other nation except for Nigeria.

That comes down to how each culture defines "civilian". It also comes down to how each religion defines "disbeliever".

[edit on 23/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

<< 1    3 >>

join