It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I?

page: 1

join
share:
E_T

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So, where would I start?

I'm 21 years old, live in Finland.

My hobbies are PCs, reading (mainly) military technology and natural sciences (especially astronomy and geology), "stargazing"
(also from start of year I've been doing Finnish translations for Babylon 5 subtitles)
And I like animals and nature.

If you have something to ask... then ask.

For those, Why this nick? ... two words:
Esa Tuunanen

And about pic:
avaruus2003.ursa.fi...
(nice to have suit with "own name")

And for everyone: Hi.

Here's couple pics for those who don't know what Finland looks:
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...

koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Glad you're here. Nice Finland pics.

That's some snowy wonderland you've got there.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Welcome to the group, its a great place

And lovely pics of finland..want to swap the snow for the scottish rain lol

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, E_T!

Hope you'll enjoy the forums as much as we do. Amazing pics you got there, reminds me of our harsh Canadians winters. In fact, if I wouldn't have known the pics were from Finland, I could have tought they were taken here, we seem to have very similar weather. (at least in winter that is)

See ya 'round.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Welcome ET. Enjoy ATS. When I saw Finland, I thought Esa Tikannen. Helluva hockey player. Are you into this glorious winter sport?

E_T

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
That's some snowy wonderland you've got there.

Maybe you wouldn't think so if you would live here.
Shoveling that snow ripes you quickly.
Also when you can see stars temperature is always under -15 celsius, (more propably under -20) so when I use my telescope to swatch stars and deek sky objects I have wear "half wardrope". (you know that you have enough clothes on when moving starts getting harder)
And most common thing in winter sky is Stratocumulus cloud... and when you look from window that stars are showing and put clothes on, its often already cloudy when you go out.

Originally posted by rynaldo82
want to swap the snow for the scottish rain lol

That -20 to -30 celsius winter weather I would gladly give up, but I see enough rain on autumn when it's two months wet, near zero weather...
Well, maybe one month from now I would want that rain when temperature goes to 25-35 and stays there even at nights.

Maybe it's because this cold winter weather why we have sauna's in here.
It's nice to go warm sauna after cold day... nice if it's warm enough:
everything under 70 celsius is cold, 80 is better, 90 good and 100 and over excellent.

Best where I've been is 105 celsius (220 fahrenheit)... I assume you don't want to "challenge" that.

Seasons and forests look really same between Canada and Finland, also both countries have lot of lakes. (in fact almost all lakes of the world are in these countries)
And Finland lies between 60 to 70 degrees N, so we are level of Alaska, but Gulf stream makes weather much warmer than in there.
BTW, Do you have lot of mosquitos there in Canada? Here we have those way too much. (and they like me too much)

I don't play hockey but I follow games from news. (this year's NHL play-offs were really interesting)

Couple pics more:
koti.mbnet.fi...
koti.mbnet.fi...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Have fun and dont beleive everything you read.

new topics

top topics

join