It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i'm still watching the second tape, for the first time.

the 666 part of that tape where sean hannity makes that hand gesture and subliminally directs his "guest" to look at his hand by saying "the matter at hand".

i did not see that before i knew this:

Hey, Satan Inn
same exact letters as:
Sean Hannity

neural linguistical programming.

psyops. psyops. psyops.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i just got to the end of tape two where sean hannity says "Let's start playing the Twilight Zone Music."

ok sean hannity, aka "hey satan inn".

(a tribute to the Twilight Zone)
Two phrases, same exact letters:

Wrong Dreamland Disorder (Twilight Zone?)
Rodman "Rod" Edward Serling (host & creator of Twilight Zone)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
NoRegretsEver,
I’m watching the fourth video you supplied in your opening post of this spectacular thread of yours. Thank you for hosting this opportunity to discuss such topics, and pieces to the puzzle of “neuro-linguistical programming” methods and ideologies that capitalize on such opportunities on the part of those who are “supplying us with the news”

sean hannity and it’s type are telling us what they need us to believe in order to further their agenda(s).
They are telling us only what they think they need us to hear.

Here are some more examples of how our brains (at the subconscious level) are encoding and encrypting truisms into the words themselves, or how the social engineering machine is doing it for us:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fdcfce6ba0b.png[/atsimg]

For a few weeks a couple months back I was wearing this avatar.
The amount of stars I was receiving from members increased by a measurable percentage. If you look closely at the avatar, you can notice consciously what your subconscious mind does notice. Look at the slight variations of color, and see if you can count how many times the word “star?” or the word “stars” appears in this old avatar I was wearing:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0de6052aac5.png[/atsimg]

Now, scroll back up towards the top of my avatar. Above the first Crazy Harry’s picture there is a subliminal message. (Crazy Harry is from the Muppet Show). Look at the black, you will notice a slight variation. The lighter portion in a dark gray says:
Stars? Stars? Stars?
Psyops psyops psyops
Was this noticed before? Yes, just maybe not consciously. A subliminal suggestion (a weak one, but a suggestion none the less) does it work?
Yes, yes it does. I didn’t get as many stars with my multi-ATS logo avatar.
(I had an avatar with many “ATS” logos, and a question posed under a caution sign asking “Who is your ATS”.

My point is, my post quality is similar in all posts, although I interject humor often.
I received far more stars with embedding the word “Stars?” in my avatar’s “mini background image” than when I did without an avatar with such subliminal suggestions in it.

Hope this helps,
et

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
wordy = wurde [mirror] ebruw = hebrew

In Portuguese, "word" is "palavra", now try to do the same thing with "palavra".

what does kufu cheops look like in a mirror?
spoech (speach?) ufuk. (you
)

In Portuguese none of those words have a meaning, they look just like random letters.

what is the first three letters of the first planet closest to the brightest thing in the sky, the sun?
MERCURY

what is the name of the most advanced space station in the heavens?
MIR

Mir means peace or world in Russian, and what's the connection between that and Mercury? Or did just chose Mercury because it would fit your own idea? Why not Earth, considering that Mir was orbiting the Earth and not Mercury?

what is the king of the jungle, king of beast, and what does it say?
lion says "me roar"

In Portuguese that would be:
o leão diz "eu rujo"

Anything, to be applicable to all humans, must be based on things that are common to all, in the same way a virus can affect all humans.

For example, and to keep it on topic, music is something common to all humans, we all react to music and remember better things that are connected to a music, so music is an excellent choice for subliminal messages, but when people talk about subliminal messages in music they follow the old standard approach that exists since the 60s (or even older) of hidden messages in specific songs, but forget that today millions use MP3 players to listen to music and do it in the best conditions for subliminal messages, with earplugs that maximize the impact of the music and block outside sounds.

So, if someone (a company, TPTB, etc.) wants to spread hidden messages they just have to make them play while the music is playing, and that's extremely easy and cheap to do, technically.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

My point is, my post quality is similar in all posts, although I interject humor often.

The problem is that's your opinion, and the stars you get are not the result of your opinion, they are the result of other people's opinion about what you wrote.

I, for example, have a different opinion, I think the quality of your posts changes a lot (I even think it changes too much), that's why I give stars only to some.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by -Thom-
I'd like to react to that last video, where some guy points out hidden messages in Glamour magazines. Now, I do not live in the US, but nevertheless I instantly grabbed two Glamour magazines we had in our language, one from 2006 and one from 2008. When I started to inspect the front pages more accurately, I saw the word 'sex' spelled out as well.

However, I doubt the extend to which these words can influence us. The voice-over uses words like 'mind control' and 'manipulation' for example, but I've carried out experiments that used subliminal messaging in a laboratory setting. In those situations, subliminal messages work, they excert their influence. But I do not believe that my nonconscious mind picks up the words pointed out on Glamour magazines. There are too much distractions.

I understand why such a magazine would do it. It's worth the try, isn't it? But in my opinion, the influence of these messages is overstated. I don't think there is much influence from them, if any. And besides, I don't think that subliminal messaging is as commonly used as the voice-over sais. Daily life isn't filled with subliminal messages, and even if it is, it's hardly working.

I quote John A. Bargh here:

SOMETIMES, subliminal messages are not perceived at all, in which case they have no priming effect. Just because a stimulus is not consciously perceived does not mean that it was, in fact, subliminally perceived. Subliminal effects can be demonstrated in a laboratory in which a subject's attention is carefully focused and no distractions exist, but the busy, noisy world outside of that laboratory is a very different story.

John A. Bargh is a professor of psychology at New York University and the author of The Automaticity of Everyday Life (Erlbaum, 1997)

[edit on 21-8-2010 by -Thom-]

that's because they aren't subliminal messages.

The entire magazine is a subliminal message in it's self... The words Sex and Obey are secret ways TPTB communicate. If I was part of TPTB, and I wanted to know what the overall purpose of the Magazine was... I would just look up in the upper-left-hand corner and see the secret code... then I would know that this magazines purpose was to influence sexual behavior and to get the sheep to "obey" a certain standard in society.

That magazine is selling sex... there is no reason why they need to hide the word sex subliminally. They do it because it's a form of communication within TPTB.

Hollywood didn't subliminally throw 9/11 in our face... They did it as a means of communicating with each other without using an audible voice.

It's a hidden code... not a subliminal message.

You are correct, very bright

I did make the jump to subliminal messaging a bit fast. However my argument still holds: I don't instantly see hidden messages on Glamour because...well I'm not inspecting the magazines with a magnifying glass. Same applies to subliminal messages outside lab settings: too much distractions, so it would take too much resources in order to get influenced by them.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP,
I’m sticking to my guns here chief. Nothing personal, but this is a matter of national security, international security, global security, individual freedom and individual rights, and more than that, in my professional opinion. I choose my fights wisely. I have a high degree of respect for you and this website.

Originally posted by ArMaP

In Portuguese, "word" is "palavra", now try to do the same thing with "palavra".

I’m sorry ArMaP, but per the Terms and Conditions of ATS, I am not permitted to discuss this with you.

The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of these Terms & Conditions, you agree not to post or chat in any language other than English.

Please review this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by ArMaP

linguistics is not only words, but the process in which we decypher those words internally.

if we had the answers, ArMaP, we would be utilizing the neural and no need for discussion would be required about the subject matter what so ever.

so, since we are not utilizing our neural to it's fullest potential, focus some on the linguistics also.

i know those post were long, and some redundant, but they offer visual aids, presented that attest to a piece of the puzzle when discussing the tools of the trade encased in the sciences of neural linguistic programming.

ArMap,
if we are not in full control of our own mental capacities, then it is logical to assume we are subject to some measure of programming already.

psyops, information technologies, neural-linguistic programming.

we are already programmed, and we are programmed to not know we are programmed.

maybe it is something in our water that makes us ignore our foundation, the platform upon which we stand?

floor hiding from us?
floor hide
fluoride

what are the first three symbols we place next to the brightest thing in the heavens?

what is the name of the most advanced thing we have in orbit?

What does the king of beasts say?

What is the name of the largest oldest ancient structures on the face of the planet?

Where do we go when we dream?

What do you look at when judging your physical appearance?

What do these things have in common?

Variations of “Mere, Mir, Mirh, Mr, Me Roar, Mirror, R.E.M.”

Just a few observations, and I think a piece to the puzzle when discussing neural-linguistic programming of our minds, our priorities, our intentions, our personalities, our character, our selves.

You won’t see any more long posts as those prior to these in that format.

Thanks ArMaP for choosing to be who it is you are and doing what it is you do.

You are still on my friends list, and always will be. We can disagree on specifics in threads, on topics, and still have respect for eachother.

You are an exceptional mod. And, I do not know what all that entails, but I imagine it can’t be easy at times, and I also think the mods should get to enjoy their ATS, also.

Your participation in this thread means a lot to many, myself included.

keep ATS fun, share what ya know,
et

edited to add two words i left out "the brightest".

edited to correct grammar.

spell check edit "nation" to "national"

edit to replace "your" with "our" in a few places.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The problem is that's your opinion, and the stars you get are not the result of your opinion, they are the result of other people's opinion about what you wrote.

peoples opinions are malleable, meaning in this context:
capable of being altered or controlled by outside forces or influences

outside forces or influences being neural linguistic programming.

I, for example, have a different opinion, I think the quality of your posts changes a lot (I even think it changes too much), that's why I give stars only to some.

my posting style changes alot because my targets are not always the same individuals. i do not post with everyone in mind all the time. some of my posts are directed towards teenagers, some towards senior citizens and war veterans. if i talked to either like they were the other, i'd offend one, and maybe lose the other in the intent of my post.

Although, when i was using that subliminally suggestive star avatar i was efforting to keep my posts relatively the same, more so than too different.

i hope this makes sense. it does to me, but i'm posting a little tired.

thanks,
et

edit to fix quote

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by -Thom-
I'd like to react to that last video, where some guy points out hidden messages in Glamour magazines. Now, I do not live in the US, but nevertheless I instantly grabbed two Glamour magazines we had in our language, one from 2006 and one from 2008. When I started to inspect the front pages more accurately, I saw the word 'sex' spelled out as well.

However, I doubt the extend to which these words can influence us. The voice-over uses words like 'mind control' and 'manipulation' for example, but I've carried out experiments that used subliminal messaging in a laboratory setting. In those situations, subliminal messages work, they excert their influence. But I do not believe that my nonconscious mind picks up the words pointed out on Glamour magazines. There are too much distractions.

I understand why such a magazine would do it. It's worth the try, isn't it? But in my opinion, the influence of these messages is overstated. I don't think there is much influence from them, if any. And besides, I don't think that subliminal messaging is as commonly used as the voice-over sais. Daily life isn't filled with subliminal messages, and even if it is, it's hardly working.

I quote John A. Bargh here:

SOMETIMES, subliminal messages are not perceived at all, in which case they have no priming effect. Just because a stimulus is not consciously perceived does not mean that it was, in fact, subliminally perceived. Subliminal effects can be demonstrated in a laboratory in which a subject's attention is carefully focused and no distractions exist, but the busy, noisy world outside of that laboratory is a very different story.

John A. Bargh is a professor of psychology at New York University and the author of The Automaticity of Everyday Life (Erlbaum, 1997)

[edit on 21-8-2010 by -Thom-]

that's because they aren't subliminal messages.

The entire magazine is a subliminal message in it's self... The words Sex and Obey are secret ways TPTB communicate. If I was part of TPTB, and I wanted to know what the overall purpose of the Magazine was... I would just look up in the upper-left-hand corner and see the secret code... then I would know that this magazines purpose was to influence sexual behavior and to get the sheep to "obey" a certain standard in society.

That magazine is selling sex... there is no reason why they need to hide the word sex subliminally. They do it because it's a form of communication within TPTB.

Hollywood didn't subliminally throw 9/11 in our face... They did it as a means of communicating with each other without using an audible voice.

It's a hidden code... not a subliminal message.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

These kind of subtle manilipulations have been around for years and are getting more pronounced.... I think much of the media is "mind control" oh, we do not watch TV. Just movies.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

ArMaP,
I’m sticking to my guns here chief. Nothing personal, but this is a matter of national security, international security, global security, individual freedom and individual rights, and more than that, in my professional opinion. I choose my fights wisely. I have a high degree of respect for you and this website.

No problem.

I’m sorry ArMaP, but per the Terms and Conditions of ATS, I am not permitted to discuss this with you.

I'm not asking you to post your answer in Portuguese, but as you used Middle English in one of your posts I don't see why you cannot use some Portuguese.

linguistics is not only words, but the process in which we decypher those words internally.

Yes, but we can only decipher the words we know.

Let me ask you one question, how many languages do you speak and how many do you understand when spoken, at least partially?

The reason for the Terms and Conditions specifying that English should be the language used its because we cannot understand words in an unknown language, and why I think that those that are studying this subject of subliminal messages should (and probably are) work closer to the way all our brains work and not base their work on something that is completely irrelevant to a large part of the population.

Let's see the case of the United States. If TPTB (or someone else) wants to send subliminal messages to the people and use only the English language, does that mean that they are not interested in the millions that only speak, for example, Spanish?

ArMap,
if we are not in full control of our own mental capacities, then it is logical to assume we are subject to some measure of programming already.

Even if we have full control of our own mental capacities we are always potentially affected by things that bypass that control, things that are only connected to the subconscious and not to the concious side of our minds.

And I'm sure that there are at least attempts at controlling our minds, directly or indirectly.

we are already programmed, and we are programmed to not know we are programmed.

Another problem, who is this "we"? All humans, even those that do not speak English? If the answer is yes, how can someone that does not understand a normal message in English understand a subliminal message in that language?

maybe it is something in your water that makes you ignore your foundation?

floor hiding from us?
floor hide
fluoride

No, we do not use fluoride in our water in Portugal.

And we do not even call it fluoride, we call it "fluoreto".

what are the first three symbols we place next to the brightest thing in the heavens?

It depends, in Arabic it's "Ota", from "Otared".

what is the name of the most advanced thing we have in orbit?

International space station

What does the king of beasts say?

If you are talking about lions (to some people the lion is not the king of beasts), you have to ask them, I don't speak lion.

What is the name of the largest oldest ancient structures on the face of the planet?

Where do we go when we dream?

What do you look at when judging your physical appearance?

What do these things have in common?

Variations of “Mere, Mir, Mirh, Mr, Me Roar, Mirror, R.E.M.”

Once more, only in some languages. Ask these to someone that does not speak English and the answers will be different.

You won’t see any more long posts as those prior to these in that format.

No problem with long posts, as long as they are on-topic and abide to the T&C.

And thanks for your kind words.

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It does make sense, thanks.

[edit on 22/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'll admit I shed some tears when I see the commercials about animal cruelty... does that make me "controlled" or just a big softy... ha!

This is such an interesting topic... love it!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Let me ask you one question, how many languages do you speak and how many do you understand when spoken, at least partially?

in 5 years on ATS, this is the first time i have engaged a mod in real debate on a subject i feel passionatley about.

i never thought it would be a mod i have respect for at the level i have for you. i am going to have to sleep on this, and my response will come later this afternoon more than likely.

before i take a break from posting i would like to answer that one question.

i was raised on english, but polish was also spoken in my grandmother's house on my mother's side. i learned some of it, but am not good enough to form many sentences at all.

i learned some dialects of arabic while spending 44 months in that region of the world during deployements in the last 10 years. i can speak more of it relatively fluently. and am familiar with approximately 3,000 words i think, but unfortunatley different dialects, as my teachers were fellow firefighters from the host nations of Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia. similiar but with variations between cultures.

lately i have been studying the individual syllables of english, their meanings and etymological origins, but when i also look at the ancient languages there are similarities in the meanings of the syllables, many times they mean near the exact opposite of the way we interpret them in modern times.

also, i would like to mention that the languages that are of the alphabet (26 letters, or close with similiar construct) also have relations to eachother at the syllable level. i have noticed this frequently in my personal studies over the last few years.

i have delved into Latin, Aramaic, and Sumerian, which has no linguistic affinities, and thus hurts my brain, but i try.

i don't read or write other languages too efficiently in my opinion, but i can speak a little of them, especially the Arabic dialects, and Polish. Latin not so much, yet.

so that is where i am in my personal studies concerning languages other than English, but they are connected, related, in my opinon. observable "coincidences" (for lack of a better word) do seem to exist.

as for the rest of that post, i will return later today.

thanks for this ArMaP, i do appreciate it.

i thinking this dialogue will be fruitfull, and i do like to learn.

i would also like to share that from the ages of 15 to 26 i worked for/with skilled care developmentally dissabled children, aka "profoundly retarded" to use slightly outdated terminology. these children and adults did not have the luxury of speech at their disposal, so i had plenty of years to learn through on job training and experience about natural innocent body language, and their "tells". nonverbal communication is at the very least just as important as the spoken words, ie verbal communication.

i also know a fair deal about handwriting analysis, and what can be statistically determined from an individuals handwriting, and more importantly what can be learned about them from their signature alone. the amount of information a person puts into their signature is almost mindboggling. a lot of variables that mean a lot of things.

my teachers in this were my great uncle who who worked somewhere doing something (sorry), a book he left to my mother that has been out of print for decades, a girlfirend i had who worked in intel, and personal experineces with practicing this with friends and family over the past 21 years.

so as it stands now, there is what i know about language, briefly.

so, honestly, these are the conventional tools i bring to the table in this thread, and it's purpose.

i will be back later today.

thanks ArMaP,
john paul

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I speak 4 Languages! Good, Bad, English an Irish.....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

opinions = incomplete understandings

i can stand under that!
where do we each stand?
where we be is where we is

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just go back to the 90s. The big box office movies all mention terrorism or terrorists, yet I never paid attention as a child and teenager. Next thing you know 9/11 happens and "terrorism" is an everyday word, but you've already been primed how to feel about it.

Many of those 90s movies deal with disaster and doom, but always with a happy American ending, with a powerful hero that almost always triumphs without anything worse than an injury that they survive (despite the realistic odds of surviving such a situation).

When you watch politicians, watch that silly up and down right fist movement - the one where the thumb is pressed down on the pointer finger. It's almost like they have a dossier that they are slamming down on the podium, up and down, up and down. You subconsciously see that motion and makes you feel positive about it.

Up and down movements have been proven to illicit agreement, independent of the language used (by language I mean what is said, not the dialect of the speaker).

Malcolm Gladwell cites a study in The Tipping Point regarding tuition hikes and students' responses to it. I believe he extends it to advertising.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I skimmed through the comments as much as I could but I don't think anyone has made the point subliminal messaging hardly affects behavior at all. Or so I was taught in my psychology class...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A very Good Time to be showing this type of subliminal Form ! Too some it may be an Eye Opener to what is Going On and The Control that Is Used to Control The Masses , and To what point it Affects their everyday lives without them knowing suggestions are being Thrown at Them from every direction ...
Hope This WAKES UP some more People ......

Star and Flaged OP !

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by falige
I skimmed through the comments as much as I could but I don't think anyone has made the point subliminal messaging hardly affects behavior at all. Or so I was taught in my psychology class...

Sorry to say you were taught Wrong !

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is some more info for those who still may think its impossible for these things to be applied to everyone.

Key To Subliminal Messaging Is To Keep It Negative, Study Shows
Subliminal images – in other words, images shown so briefly that the viewer does not consciously 'see' them – have long been the subject of controversy, particularly in the area of advertising. Previous studies have already hinted that people can unconsciously pick up on subliminal information intended to provoke an emotional response, but limitations in the design of the studies have meant that the conclusions were ambiguous.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Subliminal Advertising Leaves Its Mark On The Brain
University College London researchers have found the first physiological evidence that invisible subliminal images do attract the brain's attention on a subconscious level. The wider implication for the study, published in Current Biology, is that techniques such as subliminal advertising, now banned in the UK but still legal in the USA, certainly do leave their mark on the brain.

Evidence That Subliminal Is Not So 'Sub'
The popular notion of subliminal information is that it streams into an unguarded mind, unchecked and unprocessed. However, neurobiologists' experiments are now revealing that the brain does consciously process subliminal information and that such processing influences how that subliminal information is perceived.

www.sciencedaily.com...

As I have said in the previous posts, these are not mentioned to scare, they are meant to teach you to be careful, to ask yourself, do I want this? Do I need this? Figure out why you have certain opinions regarding subjects that may have been subliminally given to you by either media, movies, music or television.

If we know what we are faced with, our decisions may be altered, but not by the thoughts that are forced, but by your own wants, needs, and perception.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join