It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-
I'd like to react to that last video, where some guy points out hidden messages in Glamour magazines. Now, I do not live in the US, but nevertheless I instantly grabbed two Glamour magazines we had in our language, one from 2006 and one from 2008. When I started to inspect the front pages more accurately, I saw the word 'sex' spelled out as well.

However, I doubt the extend to which these words can influence us. The voice-over uses words like 'mind control' and 'manipulation' for example, but I've carried out experiments that used subliminal messaging in a laboratory setting. In those situations, subliminal messages work, they excert their influence. But I do not believe that my nonconscious mind picks up the words pointed out on Glamour magazines. There are too much distractions.

I understand why such a magazine would do it. It's worth the try, isn't it? But in my opinion, the influence of these messages is overstated. I don't think there is much influence from them, if any. And besides, I don't think that subliminal messaging is as commonly used as the voice-over sais. Daily life isn't filled with subliminal messages, and even if it is, it's hardly working.

I quote John A. Bargh here:

SOMETIMES, subliminal messages are not perceived at all, in which case they have no priming effect. Just because a stimulus is not consciously perceived does not mean that it was, in fact, subliminally perceived. Subliminal effects can be demonstrated in a laboratory in which a subject's attention is carefully focused and no distractions exist, but the busy, noisy world outside of that laboratory is a very different story.

John A. Bargh is a professor of psychology at New York University and the author of The Automaticity of Everyday Life (Erlbaum, 1997)

[edit on 21-8-2010 by -Thom-]

that's because they aren't subliminal messages.

The entire magazine is a subliminal message in it's self... The words Sex and Obey are secret ways TPTB communicate. If I was part of TPTB, and I wanted to know what the overall purpose of the Magazine was... I would just look up in the upper-left-hand corner and see the secret code... then I would know that this magazines purpose was to influence sexual behavior and to get the sheep to "obey" a certain standard in society.

That magazine is selling sex... there is no reason why they need to hide the word sex subliminally. They do it because it's a form of communication within TPTB.

Hollywood didn't subliminally throw 9/11 in our face... They did it as a means of communicating with each other without using an audible voice.

It's a hidden code... not a subliminal message.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The movie shown in the 4th youtube with the guy seeing weird things with sunglasses and when if taken off see just normal stuff
What movie is that? anyone?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

So at what stage in the printing / design process are you proposing that these secret messages are put in? Does the person who does the text layout know they are there? how about the guy that color corrects the image for printing? the editor? the copyrighters? the IT department that fixes the PC's that they use?, the guy that cleans the office?

Wouldn't it just be easier to compile a list of publications that are run by this secret organization and send it out in the monthly TPTB newsletter instead of making them hunt around the shelves of their local magazine store with a magnifying glass.

If you want to write a secret code why would you use something as blatant as the word obey on the front cover, wouldn't a small green dot in the top right hand corner of the 22nd page do just as well and not make it easy for anyone with a pair of eyes to discover your super secret evil plot.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
tricks on tv is very easy & primitive -- it's just usage of human's root reflexes & mix'em up each other. new media devices are being developed by idea to affect human brain with more advanced methods, most curious of new researchings to moronize & subdue human is online games like WOW. don't let your kids to play it

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'd throw this stuff in with the "subliminal sex symbols in cartoons" non-sense I've seen.

This guy sounds like he has read up on NLP, but NLP requires focus and repetition to work, AND it cannot be "done" like magic through a television because the techniques must be tailored to each individual.

I've only read two books on NLP, but it's not some evil thing that works through a TV on millions of people who watch news.

You have nothing more to fear over NLP than you do over standard marketing. Marketing itself is very powerful in influencing people who are unaware, but nobody would say that advertisements are "mind control"!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositiveVibration

The movie shown in the 4th youtube with the guy seeing weird things with sunglasses and when if taken off see just normal stuff
What movie is that? anyone?

I believe the title is "They Live"

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

starring Roddy Piper. Excellent movie. (80's sci-fi action cheesy) but still a Cult classic, and a great movie in it's own right, imo.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to be quite honest. I have watched several videos on youtube and each one may have their specific effect on my psyche, however this one video on Subliminal Manipulation has had a huge impact. I have observed the news for years and it mostly started with Steven Colbert. A lot of people think they know what he is, but he is just an idea, a character. So are all these other news anchors. The world is a stage to them and we our their audience. We accept this due to the complete absence of our true way of being. We give in to all these DEMONIC, yes DEMONIC mind curving manipulative hosts because they are somewhere we are not. They are viewed by thousands, yet we are not. We see a person with more views as a persona of honesty, however, this is what they jump on to deceive all of us.

I know for a FACT that anything we see on TV, especially if it has a soundtrack behind it, its meant to manipulate the way you react to what it is you are viewing in the first place.

Soundtracks are meant to manipulate our psyche. It is what it is.

Good Job OP.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by drkid]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

Marketing itself is very powerful in influencing people who are unaware, but nobody would say that advertisements are "mind control"!

where is logic?
ad forces many humans to buy different sh#t -- it's pure Mind Control.

I'd throw this stuff in with the "subliminal sex symbols in cartoons" non-sense I've seen.

Tom & Jerry, for example, has sex messages very much.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I watched the 'newscaster and guest' videos, but only to hear the comments. I was raised to never interrupt, to have back and forth sharing of ideas, so I am repulsed by news people interrupting and will turn off the video.

I've seen it too often.

If I were a guest on a show, and was interrupted so many times, I would say, about the 3rd time, to the effect that," Ï was invited to here to speak my mind, tell my point of view and if you cannot listen and have to hog the show, I will leave", and I would leave if it continued!

I, as well, was aware of subliminal images in ads some years back, with the book mentioned in a previous post. I don't buy magazines and I didn't watch TV ads, as I had a game open on the computer for those breaks. Now I don't even turn on the TV.

I recall buying Zest soap from a TV ad, back in the '60s as my husband left a bathtub ring ( and a sink ring), and there is another product I bought from a TV ad many years ago .....I forget which now.

I recently watched 'Supersize Me', realizing I have not been to MacDonald's in well over 10 years. It grossed me out! but I tested myself, and bought a Big Mac soon after---the taste was so foreign and 'slimy' that I threw the rest away. I did that BEFORE I watch "Food Inc", as what I have heard I know will turn my stomach.

Another thing I noticed, of late, is that I don't see what is going on around me outside, so I am not influenced. I don't stop to smell the roses, and the reason for this is because I am in a wheelchair, and I watch the sidewalk for 'icky' things, such as dog poop and sputum so I can bypass and not get them on my wheels, therefore my hands, therefore track them into my home or other places. I suppose I live in my own world and am not affected by programming! The roses (flowers) hang high on lamposts all over my beautiful City and I cannot wheel along looking up!

I do spend much time online, though, to see what has brought such awful changes in the world I used to know!

[edit on 21-8-2010 by canadiansenior70]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
This is a subject that if known with a better understanding can help not only to better your research, but to understand those who cannot see the day to day manipulation, due to the sub-conscience mind being drowned with false information, with the use of distraction, hand gestures, and symbolism.

Here are some pieces of information through videos and blogs, that can help to identify, what is so little mentioned and so highly effective.

Neuro-linguistic programming.
definition: Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a controversial approach to psychotherapy and organizational change based on "a model of interpersonal communication chiefly concerned with the relationship between successful patterns of behaviour and the subjective experiences (esp. patterns of thought) underlying them" and "a system of alternative therapy based on this which seeks to educate people in self-awareness and effective communication, and to change their patterns of mental and emotional behaviour".[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

1 Interpreting Media NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

2 Interpreting Media Neuro-linguistic programming or NLP

3 Interpreting Media Neuro-linguistic programming or NLP

Subliminal persuasion through media, music and HAARP (Programming The Nation trailer)

Im still trying to get the full vid to post.

Subliminal Manipulation of Your Mind

Here is a good sight with lots of extra information, including examples and scientific evidence of the effects of subliminal messages.
www.poleshift.org...

sub-lim.blogspot.com...

Our brains are being bombarded with images that have many consequences to how we see them, the reason for the first few videos about the news and how images and words can control, is also due to the marque on the bottom of the screen, sometimes you may see things on the screen and them get distracted by something that was on the marque and your brain may actually put 2 separate stories and combine them to the way that you saw and heard it.

Also, have you ever watched the news and they will cut the story on the marque by stopping in the middle for commercial? Next time try to remember what you saw, and when the commercial comes back, is it the same story as before or have they changed it? See how both (if different) make you feel about what you just saw, and actually waited for.

This is all happening around us, IMO our conscience and sub-conscience is what causes is to continue to search for the truth, we are slowly learning that something is wrong, out of place, in everything from movies to music.

Please if you have any other resources or links list them, this is very important information that can help to identify, who and what the main story is trying to tell us.

Peace.

All of that and more, you are on thr right track my friend.

www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just don't understand how any of this doesn't fall under a general fact. Why are videos like this not spread like wild fire? Why do general people think this type of stuff is unimportant, yet they buy into it? WHAT THE # is going on? (sorry for the language ATS but this makes be very angry and it should make anyone who opens this thread angry too!) Its ridiculous. The media is a demonic mirror that manipulates the way we see ourselves to be. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

How can we keep letting this happen, why have we all become pussies? What is wrong with society? Why do we continuously buy into feelings of discouragement against these venomous fiends whenever we feel we MUST do something about it?

This video not only PROVES that they are using the method described by the OP, but you can go ahead and break down anything else for yourself and become the intelligent human being you were made to be to HELP get the word out there, even if it means annoying strangers and hyping them up. Let this not be just another THREAD. Why? Because the MEDIA, with its manipulative storm of bull crap is responsible for 99.9 percent of all of our collective actions.

Listen, this is a FACT; You will eventually die, at least die honoring humanity, yourself and sleep at night knowing you TRIED your best, and you gave it your all to help your brothers and sisters. Okay enough, I am starting to digress here, the point is, you NEED to have more pride in yourselves as humans and get up and CHANGE things and end all these distractions tearing us apart from these REAL issues.

There is no difference between the message i am spreading now and the message that was being spread long ago... WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of anecdotal evidence for subliminal subjugation, some deserved, others...well...

Here's a 'for instance'. Look at the small image at the top of this ATS page, the ad for the Conspiracy Chicks. On the left image, if you look closely between the man's image and the woman's...you can see a faint outline of what looks to be an alien. Something sinister, if not alien. I've made a rough JPG of what I mean...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ceb5ed293a3.jpg[/atsimg]

It's like looking at clouds, and seeing a dragon...or a butterfly. We make familiar shapes out of what we see if we look close enough at anything. It's the intentional manipulation we have to distinguish from, and be wary of.

~TCT~

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here's another good video to watch...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Wow thnx Nola213!
On youtube there are lot's of people using pieces of that movie
I just love the idea of using a tool for viewing different layers of Vibrations
other Dimensions, Third Eye Vision....

Ps. I remember watching a movie that was with other dimensions
a classic too I suppose, In the Mouth of Madness....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
I kind of like this kind of stuff, like a guy is teaching conspiracy theory and somehow, there's a conspiracy to cover a conspiracy that couldn't have been a conspiracy in the first place, and something to do with "thermite", yadda, yadda, yadda. If you've ever handled thermite you'd know that if you used enough thermite to take out the twin towers, that place would still be hot!. Here's the big conspiracy, we're all angry monkeys and just don't feel to good about the world the way it is these days, but cheer up people, we're living in the good times! It's going to get REALLY bad here, REALLY soon, and it doesn't really matter cause the human race is a walking dead man that doesn't know it yet! Go outside, drink a brew with the folks next door and forget about it for a while. A new monster, a new crisis, a new worry is coming with the next sunrise, just like always, and just like always, the human race will find some way to hose that stuff up too!, aw forget about it!

Actually there was a molten lava substance burning hot for over 1 month according to firefighters in the basement.......... So your right!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"Lets go out to the lobby, lets go out to the lobby,...... and buy some crap."

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Imagine all of the people who drive cars compared to all of the people who UNDERSTAND THE COMPLETE WORKINGS of a car.

This is the problem we face here.
A vast majority of people watch this crap daily, and a select few actualy begin to comprehend it.

Most can't even comprehend what is being said much less a complete breakdown of what is being MANIPULATED INTO YOUR BRAIN.

100 years ago our common man would have never fallen for the average grifters scam, and 200 years from now, their average man won't fall for this crap.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Our brains are being bombarded with images that have many consequences to how we see them...

That's one of the reasons I didn't watch those videos.

Also, have you ever watched the news and they will cut the story on the marque by stopping in the middle for commercial?

No, the news channel I watch, Euronews, doesn't use any marquee, except for breaking news, and in that case it shows a repeating text, in several languages.

This is all happening around us, IMO our conscience and sub-conscience is what causes is to continue to search for the truth, we are slowly learning that something is wrong, out of place, in everything from movies to music.

One of the problems is that people act like they need video. They do not.

Video has its applications, but YouTube and Windows Movie Maker made any person into a video producer, so now everyone is making their own videos, so how can we be sure that there aren't any subliminal images in the videos you posted?

And some of the cases I have seen before are just silly, people can find almost anything in an image and say it was pre-planned, usually with some doom and gloom story of their own.

But it's an interesting subject, if not used in a subliminal way.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You ask: "Does the person who does the text layout know they are there? how about the guy that color corrects the image for printing? the editor? the copyrighters? the IT department that fixes the PC's that they use?, the guy that cleans the office?"

I answer: First of all - what is obvious doesn't count, because our Consciousness receives one type of information from the obvious word "sex" and subconsciousness receives another type from the subliminal word 'sex'. Secondly, IMHO a magazine cover goes through those editors, copywriters and others and only afterwards it goes to a "crafty mind programmers" who release the magazine to the public. Thirdly, it is not so easy to notice hidden words on the cover, especially when you dont look for them. And fourth - the guy that cleans the office?? seriously??? If you think that people, who make mind programing artwork or write transparent words would show everyone what are they doing then you SO naive..

Well, you have a right to choose, but choose well

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

To assist a bit here. This is a common refutation of things "well I do this for a living and this isn't they way it happens." The problem here is you do it a certain way, a way that that has been handed down to you - that's the way it is done. It seems logical to you as it happens to be the way you are taught. BUT, if you decided one day to do it in an entirely different way, the person above you, who has also been taught (and wants to keep their job) will send it back down to make it look the way it supposed to be. The subliminal thing has been going on for ages, it is no longer seen as manipulation but simply "the way it is done." The problem is so subtle. No cover is without photoshopping. So many will say, we have to, to make people look better than they really look, who would buy a magazine with a zit faced pig on the cover? Ah, see the reason justifies the subliminal manipulation because it is simply the way it is done.

Sadly, many who do the work do it without even knowing the are doing the manipulation simply because it is the industry standard, or how it is done, or the mags style. The origin was manipulation.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pacal Votan

Originally posted by Broll

Great analysis, but I'm confused (or rather the narrator is confused) about the Stephan Colbert references. Colbert is playing a character spoofing guys like Hannity and O'Reilly. He effectively uses all the techniques described, but does so in such a blatant and hack way as to call attention to the fact the he, himself, is an ass.

Its a COMEDY show... a satire of these types of news programs. You're not supposed to get any substantive information out of it. Stephan Colbert sells people's books and movies like any other talk show.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Broll]

What do you think happens when you take tragedy and tyranny and make it funny? I see people watching Colbert and Stewart and all I can do is shake my head.

That would imply that Colbert and Stewart are "in on it" or are creations of some NWO that dictates their show to them. I think they are mildly funny guys who, whether for right or wrong, use world news as the punchline to their jokes. There's no greater agenda to their schtick other than to make themselves money and get laughs. Some guys are prop comics, others work blue... they do political commentary. Its not manipulation. If one uses them as substitutes for real news, than that's another issue altogether, but its still not manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join