It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing Time while driving home from work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hello Everyone. For some time now I've noticed that when I get home from work at night I can't remember anything about the drive home. This does not happen every night mind you but usually once or twice a month. I do suffer from migraines and I do take medication for them but the side effects have long since been gone.

Also, I have found myself strangely calm about this instead of worrying about it like I probably should be.

Has anyone else had this? What could it be?

Thank you all.

AJ

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Its called a trance. Most people drive home on "auto pilot" and its very common.

Some info: hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I understand what that is saying but how would I not wreck on the way home from work? Auto-pilot isn't perfect, it's close, but it's not there yet right?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I do this all the time. It can be a bit scary to think about, especially when noticing it while you are driving....
Driving became such 2nd nature to me, since I do it everyday, it requires less thought when it comes to my daily route to work.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't worry, your subconscious mind takes care of the driving, it is always conscious and aware even if "you" are not, thus you avoid crashing your car and so on.

You should read up some on the subconscious mind, psychology, specially hypnosis and hypnotherapy and various forms of trances and how it works, it is both fascinating and useful.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
yeah, that's why time seems to speed up as we get older, we do more of the same, nothing really new. Whilst being a child everything is a new experience, making time seem slower.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I agree with most of the above. More common than most of us discuss.
I must add on a positive note: Is the human brain not marvelous?
For example, I am legally blind without glasses, yet my processor can identify most anything by movement, color, sound, etc. when they are off!
It is a beautiful thing. We can drive home on aotopilot in safety, yet humans were not originally designed to perform the complex integration of systems required to manipulate controls of an automobile !
Extrapolating this type of viewpoint ie: appreciation of our marvelous gifts, in my opinion, is one quick way to become quite disgusted with any scientific attempts at manipulation of our bodies, environment, or flora and fauna.
I found I had this highway hypnosis occur more on Friday, when I was thinking intensely about home projects, and also when the talk radio host was discussing a subject I was particularly interested in.
Therefore, I would say if you are concerned about this, stop any thoughts except the awareness of your immediate environment, and have the radio on an irritating station to keep you in the now, or have something to eat or drink in one hand perhaps? best 2 U.

top topics

join