It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Now We're Headed For The GREATEST Depression, Says Gerald Celente

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

According to Professor David Harvey, Marxist author of 'The Enigma of Capital' the collapse of capitalism is inevitable. He tells Sarah Montague that capitalism is amoral and lawless, and should be overthrown.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the britsh went for 5oo years using the tally stick system, Hitler competely resurected preworld war two Germany financially using state issued currency based on production, and the Venetian bankers went for hundreds of years with their paper being preferable to gold because they weren't DEBT based systems. They were based on production.

The problem isn't capitalism, so much as it is the debt based usury system
which is controlled by unscrupulus people like the Rothschilds and various royal and other banking famillies that have their own best interests at heart and not the welfare the system and of the people and that comprise it.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
Mayer Amschel Rothschild
[Mayer Amschel Bauer] (1744 -1812), Godfather of the Rothschild Banking Cartel of Europe
GODFATHER

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Not quite right.

The British became a gold standard nation since the time of Isaac Newton as Master of the Mint (1699), and it was since that time, that Britian enjoyed its greatest extent of empire and power - based on a GOLD standard. Hitler's economic plans to retool Germany were indeed done on a fiat paper money system as far as I can tell, although I'm not sure that citing Nazi Germany as proof of the wonders of a fiat system are really valid, seeing as it didn't even last two decades. Finally, the Venetians did enjoy great economic prosperity througout Europe, but it was the GOLD DUCAT that they introduced and circulated in trade that they were known for. Any paper issued by Venetians (or other Middle Ages kingdoms) was probably redeeemed for gold as soon as practical. And in that sense, was never understood by the users to be 'real money'. It is best to consider it as something akin to a check or promisssory note, when gold itself wasn't immediately available.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Danbones

Didn't AJ also predict there would be forced inoculations for swine flu and martial law?

There were for people in certain professions - it was inoculation or pink slip.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Bring it on already.

I'm so sick of hearing about this global economic collapse and sick of thinking about it. I realize it is collapsing as of right now but just not hitting everywhere equally at the same time.

I drag myself out of bed every morning at 6.30am, Monday to Friday, slave away at this job earning my fake paper money that holds no real tangible value to it anymore, pay my stupid bills and rent.....

Why the @#$#@ do I even bother when it is all going to come crashing down? It's like I'm a zombie living in limbo, with no other choice but to keep being a cog for this failing system.

Well I just want some kind of watershed event to speed up the process of collapse so I can physically DEAL with it instead of buying a few packets of seeds and some baked bean tins once in a while knowing what is coming.

I just want to say screw it, I QUIT, move back to my parents home in the country and start living like it's already happened.

Only problem is when people see me and ask "Hey what are you doing with yourself lately?"

My reply: "Oh well I've quit my job in the city and moved back to the country with my folks to focus my energy and attention on preparing for the GREATEST DEPRESSION ever known by mankind. Industrialized civilization is coming to a close so I'm growing a permaculture garden and living like a bum to get into the mindset..... How about you?"

Thanks for allowing me to spew forth my rant

Trade in that cash and buy gold and precious stones that way you have a good reason to work. If it collapses then you can use the gold as currency in a world where dollars are worthless, if it doesn't collapse then you can just turn your gold back into cash.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join