It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Isolated Man on the Planet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This has been an enlightening read, not just in learning of this man's existence, but also the ignorance of so many who thinks he's missing out on something we have. What a laugh!

I am humbled by this man's fortitude in the face of adversity, skill, and smarts not to be fooled by outsiders.

I think not so much about his loneliness, but his constant need to be wary of real boogie men in his life -- the "civilized" men who killed his tribe and want to kill him too. He could live out his life in relative peace were it not for them. He knows they're/we're out there. He knows not when they/we will show up next.

Ironically, and undoubtedly, should this advanced technological world we know ever get taken down, either by nuclear means or natural disasters, this man alone in the jungle has the greatest chance of survival.

Bless him, and good will to him.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Being "the most isolated man on the planet" is a matter of perspective.. I have lived in many places teeming with people, and even been in relationships feeling the loneliest and most isolated person on the planet..

What saddens me mostly about this guy is that when he dies then the voices of his tribe and their story will be silenced forever.. All of their stories and experiences gone forever as though they never existed... Very heartbreakingly sad..

I for one will remember this guy and his tribe with what little we know..

They existed.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Ironically, and undoubtedly, should this advanced technological world we know ever get taken down, either by nuclear means or natural disasters, this man alone in the jungle has the greatest chance of survival.

So true... so true!

I'd like to believe that in a survival situation I'd be able to survive as most people believe of themselves, but this man, it's a way of life all day, every day.

The isolation in my opinion, is the greatest part of survival... but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think the most isolated man on the planet is the US president. Most people think that the Secret Service is for the POTUS' protection

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This guys seems to have had a lot of adventures in his life. Kind of weird he's the only one left and Brazil does not want no one near him. That's like if there was one Amish person left and they did not want anyone going near that person.

Am i missing something? i dont see a link to this story!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
I think the most isolated man on the planet is the US president.

only when he goes out to the south lawn
to catch a quick drag off his cigarette

I think Obama even smokes on AF1 too.

puff puff pass pass

lmao

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I really envy this guy, how cool to be the last person of his kind. You don't have to deal with anyone or anything. If I could start all over knowing what I know I would want to live all alone too! I wouldn't be married or have kids, I would be alone. To me that would be bliss.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Complaining about the rise of technology on an internet message board ... irony, thy name is ATS. Anyone else chuckling over how the people here seem to hate their own kind?

Regarding the article, it would be a "peaceful" life in some respects, but the jungle is a very harsh environment. Me, I prefer using my brain and spending an hour producing my food rather than 16 hours a day living hand to mouth. But, to each their own.

As a sidenote, wouldn't it suck to buy a piece of land only to find out a native is living there and you can't touch it?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal
Anyone else chuckling over how the people here seem to hate their own kind?

I don't see it as hating their own kind

I see it as just wanting to be left
the hell alone. The no-drama aspect.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal
rather than 16 hours a day living hand to mouth.

and how is that different from living paycheck to paycheck
working 16 hr days???

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just had to relay this to ya.

I just spoke with my father about this story
and one of the first things out of his mouth was:

"why don't they drop off a woman out there for him?"

and I just had to crack up cuz we had already discussed
that idea on here. So it let's us know, we're ALL only human

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Funny story really.

Scientists have "concluded" that he is the last of his kind. How do they really know? How do we not know he was not banished or lost? Maybe the loggers killed his whole family/tribe and now will use him for an observational experiment on isolation and mourning meeting survival.

What is interesting is that if he was the last animal of his kind they would take him to a center and monitor, take care of him then eventually breed him then release him into the wild again but instead they will isolate him.

This just in..... .The man who was living in isolation in Brazil was found dead of an apparent accidental head wound from a slip on wet rock. Logging has resumed. He will not be missed.
-Sauce

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The most isolated man on the planet... is actually me.

knol.google.com...#

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
What is interesting is that if he was the last animal of his kind they would take him to a center and monitor, take care of him then eventually breed him then release him into the wild again

no offense here
but how would you feel if they did
that very same thing to you ????

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Woah. While I am sitting here, this guy thinks hes possibly the only one left.

Hes a trooper i tell ya, A TROOPER!

Lol would not want to get on his bad side. No telling what he might do.

The calming aspects of society are nearly non existent to him, at least anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
The calming aspects of society are nearly non existent to him, at least anymore.

dude
can you imagine going thru your
entire life and never having an ice cold
beer ???

lmao, wouldn't that make a great beer
commercial !!! Airlifting a 6 pack out
to the middle of nowhere to an indigenous
man who probably wouldn't even know how
to open the dang bottle.
hahahaha

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Desired Username

I still dont see anything about an isolated man ! you all seem to know a lot about it, i cant find a link to that story.....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by Desired Username

I still dont see anything about an isolated man ! you all seem to know a lot about it, i cant find a link to that story.....

Dave
the link DU posted has nothing to do with this thread
that I can see. I do not know the reason why he posted it.
The link to the original story is here though

www.slate.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow. I would love to have a little chat with that guy!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I find it odd that so many people, including authorities, have placed the label 'Indian' on him. Why Indian?

Of course, he doesn't care what we call him - he's not gonna come running to us anyway.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join