It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Isolated Man on the Planet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimalHouse

They tried to save him -- he shot the guy in the chest with an arrow. Do you need blankets in that part of Brazil? I don't think so. He's never been to a dentist -- chances are, his teeth have fallen out.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimalHouse
save him ? I mean come on, bring him medicine, a dentist, blankets, something

Heh, he's not the one that needs saving.

Truth is I'm surprised they haven't killed him. For that is what we humans do with those who dare be free from the things we enslave ourselves with.

Argh, they might as well have killed him, for his fate is as certain as that of solitary a goldfish in a bowl.

And there's a lesson there too ... for it is no accident that he is displayed in such a way before us. Let it be a warning to all others who are truly free.

I love this man.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I love this man.

Cool, me too, You the MAN!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Maybe he uses the pit to keep live game he trapped and instead keeps it alive in there until the time of slaughter. Perhaps he keeps it inside and bound in the pit to conceal the animal to other predators, or it serves as some kind of pit trap for other curious animals. IDK im no expert on the pits just speculating.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
Maybe he uses the pit to keep live game he trapped and instead keeps it alive in there until the time of slaughter. Perhaps he keeps it inside and bound in the pit to conceal the animal to other predators, or it serves as some kind of pit trap for other curious animals. IDK im no expert on the pits just speculating.

well the original article states that the dug holes
are rectangular. Graves for bodies are rectangular.
You can run with that idea if ya want. I do not think
it is to store fresh animals in. Wild hogs will make
lots of noise to attract other predators if kept in a hole
in captivity. Also, dogs are known to dig holes
in the earth to keep cool. Maybe that's his own version
of our current air conditioning system provided by
mother earth. he could sleep in it at night and pull a cover
over it and he would be safe from most animal attacks.
The Viet Cong used this type of hole extensively during
the Vietnam Conflict. Quite intelligent of him

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

A tragic yet beautiful story. Speaking to this man would probably be the closest experience to contact with an alien species.

You have that backwards. He would find meeting you or I the closest experience to contact with an alien species. He is as about as natural to this planet as they come. We are the aliens here.

What this man knows about how to live in harmony with his environment is what makes him extremely valuable.

His story reminds me of Ishi only this guy will remain free until he dies ( I hope) a natural death.

Good for the Brazilian government. This man deserves his freedom and home to remain untouched.

As for the pit dug in his huts I would imagine that it perhaps serves as a cool well acts as air conditioning for inside his hut.

Great story Boondock-saint!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
...Yes, and so will die another voice, another language, another culture. All the traditions of his people, all the knowledge that allowed his people to live in a sustainable manner with the surrounding environment.

This is what globalization does...a group think of one unsuccessful model of how to exist, competing and cannibalizing itself into oblivion; and taking the rest of the planet down with it in a race to the bottom...

Progress is great.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
...Yes, and so will die another voice, another language, another culture. All the traditions of his people, all the knowledge that allowed his people to live in a sustainable manner with the surrounding environment.

I wonder after he is dead and gone
if archaeologist will be allowed access
to this place to gather the history of his
tribe so there can be a permanent record
of him being here in history? I mean there is
so little we know about him or his people now
and he won't allow us to disturb. I hope it is all
documented in the future so we don't lose this
priceless gem of a find.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I say they send in a special forces team and drag him out. bring him to the city and show him everything whilst being tied to a chair... then give him coca cola with a mars bar and see what he thinks. then show him the airport and while there watching huge planes, show him youtube on a laptop. show him crazy videos including the chinese military march and the 9/11 attack. show him clips from movies including lord of the rings and apocalypto etc. basically show him everything crazy in a matter of 3 days then get 15 hot sexy models and let him play with them, they should provide some music/drugs and alcohol just so that he can have the full experience...

then leave him to think whilst being recorded and watched world wide...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by AnimalHouse

They tried to save him -- he shot the guy in the chest with an arrow. Do you need blankets in that part of Brazil? I don't think so. He's never been to a dentist -- chances are, his teeth have fallen out.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by etcorngods]

The natives i knew in Brazil had great hygiene...and they know how to live off the land, im pretty sure the amazon has several plants that can be used for oral hygiene.

As for my opinion on saving him? Leave him be, he already lost his whole tribe, taking his home away from him would probably be a worse fate then death.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Falken]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I feel this man is lucky because he doesn't have to worry about anything we worry about such as paying our taxes and bills, But on the other hand being the last of your kind must be a very heavy weight to have on your shoulders, that is why i think he has isolated him-self from the world, could you imagine yourself being the only one left of your kind?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypstick

never heard that one "Goddess knows what" xD Feminism? lawl
I hope he is not alone but even if he is alone on a happy and sad note the man being a wild man is probably near death as it is now i dont know life expectancy but i can imagine that in those conditions its around 40-50 years old. I hope he continues along happily in his life the way he wants it to stay.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Sumdumguy]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I could almost let myself be envious of this guy at times.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why is it being assumed he is lonely?

I myself am quite solitary, and love to be alone. I am fairly certain I could spend the rest of my days alone and not be exclusively lonely. I am sure lonely would be one of the things I felt, but it would not be all the time.

I realize he lost his tribe, but life goes on, and he seems to be living it, as SD pointed out, there is evidence he is spiritual.

Leave him be is my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As for the rectangular shaped hole, I hypothesize that it is intended as a slot for placement of an alien monolith of the sort that was found on the moon in the movie '2001 a Space Odyssey.' While '2001' was presented as fictional story I believe in that movie there is an overlap between reality in fiction as both writer Arthur C. Clarke and director Stanley Kubrick were reportedly high level masons and therefore may have been purvey to hidden knowledge such as the existence of a real monolith similar to the one portrayed in the movie.

Perhaps many generations previous to the current Amazonian discussed in this thread, his ancestors were presented with a monolith and shown the necessity to immediately place it in the ground. Remember in the movie '2001' the monolith was underground and only when it was unearthed did it cause that piercing sound that incapacitated the astronauts. If this was demonstrated to the Amazonians it probably made a strong impression. Since then, each generation was taught that they must always have a rectangular slot pre-dug to the correct proportions just in case another monolith comes along.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Our hope of answering any of our questions would turn out to be his biggest nightmare most likely. Us making contact with him would be not much different than an alien abduction scenario for us. The strangeness, the fear of the unknown, the threat felt when someone invades ones space and wants to submit their will upon another....I say leave him alone and let him live his life...it's most likely just like ours mentally...some days are great, some days are not so great....but each day is a new one with new experience to live through.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
wow, I had no idea when I started this thread
that it would get so philosophical.

Great posts guys and dolls. It really makes
ya think on this one. Who knows:

we may never have all the answers
for this scenario.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I say they send in a special forces team and drag him out. bring him to the city and show him everything whilst being tied to a chair... then give him coca cola with a mars bar and see what he thinks. then show him the airport and while there watching huge planes, show him youtube on a laptop. show him crazy videos including the chinese military march and the 9/11 attack. show him clips from movies including lord of the rings and apocalypto etc. basically show him everything crazy in a matter of 3 days then get 15 hot sexy models and let him play with them, they should provide some music/drugs and alcohol just so that he can have the full experience...

then leave him to think whilst being recorded and watched world wide...

geez, that's not too nice.
Sounds more like CIA torture
from Gitmo instead of a welcoming
party. Well some of it anyway

[edit on 22-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Question that no one is asking, what have we (as humans) done to his homeland?

Our greed for resources has destroyed his way of life and probably left him as the last of his people on this earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
Question that no one is asking, what have we (as humans) done to his homeland?

I think the article pretty much stated
that already. But since the new law
went into effect, he now does have
a safe zone. But we can't make up
for what is already lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join