It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Enchanting Time-Lapse Look at the Greatest Show in Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This was shot over three days with a 5D Mk II at 6400 ISO, with 20 second exposures by Henry Jun Wah Lee. Consider me star struck. [TNW]

If you missed the Perseids meteor shower—and I truly hope you didn't—this beautiful time-lapse video of the view from Joshua Tree National Park should get you caught up. And fill you with more than a little wonder.

The Greatest Show in Space

--------------------

Beautiful, Stunning, and above all else Mesmerizing.

And you can consider me star struck aswell.

Just recently for the past 4 months, I've been 'star gazing' and I enjoy it, and continue too enjoy it. This year was the first time I ever viewed the Perseids Meteor Shower, and im glad I was able to see it.

I hope everyone in the ATS Community enjoyed the video as much as I did.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i hate to sound dumb...but what are the flashes in the video?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

they are meteors burning up whilst entering the earths atmosphere

and you dont sound dumb we cant be expected to know everything

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

thanks

i was pretty bummed i missed the meteor shower, glad i got to see this rad video!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Dont worry you didn't sound dumb. Don't worry the Perseids Meteor Shower comes yearly, so maybe next time if you want, you'll be ready

and thanks moosevernel for being helpful.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great vid since I missed the Perseid this year, this will have to do

Wish I could project this onto my roof as I fall asleep!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What a beautiful Video!!!

I wish I can see a night sky like this. To be honest I have never seen one. Where I am you can barely see a couple hundred stars.
Curse of the city I guess.
Great find S&F

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Dang, that would be nice.

If I could I'd use this exact image.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Great vid thanks for posting it. I missed the Perseids meteor shower this year, it was overcast or raining for days before and after. Even though I live close to a major city I still manage to see a few meteors every year, when weather permits.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just beautiful! I went out to the mountains for a better view here on the East Coast and it was cloudy every evening until around midnight Sunday night with clouds drifting through. I was able to see 2 meteors around 4:40 am Monday morning. (I saw a satellite, too, but couldn't locate and identify it on heavens above or calsky.) On a clear night the limiting magnitude for the area is supposed to be 6.8 according to dark skies, and constellations are more difficult to identify because of the myriad background stars that are visible. Not a wide open view like in the vid, though--really entrancing, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

i missed the recent meteor shower over the uk due to cloudy skies so i was pretty bummed too

and your welcome

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

i think thats the first time ive been able to say something with absolute certainty on ATS without risk of being debunked

woooo go me

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im glad you guys enjoyed it.

Im even more glad that the creator of the video, Henry Jun Wah Lee took time to make it.

I just wish I were that close to the Milky Way.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
dang.. looks like everyone missed it, im from ontario canada and of course overcast + Rain = No meteors!! oh wells.. the vid more then good enough, good job.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Videos like this make me.wish I still lived in the desert

Second line

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
That was GREAT! we didn't see much from here in Metro Denver Colorado, but thanks for sharing that time lapse with us.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I saw them in England, i was at my friends BBQ and at about 1140pm i saw the biggest one ive ever seen, you could even see the smoke trail it left behind.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yeah, its an amazing video.

Already posted 2 days ago in the same board.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You can tell the earth isn't flat when you watch this. The ancient indians probably knew this from the stars as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
so why do all the stars make a circle around earth?why do they do that?why would all the stars in the sky make a circle around the earths night sky as if earth is the center they circle around? do they do this on mars? on the moon? venus? do they do this on all bodies in the galaxy? is this a common thing on other celestial bodies to have the heavenlt stars circle around their night sky?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join