It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet resurgence of George W. Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The quiet resurgence of George W. Bush?

www.msnbc.msn.com

Bush thinks that history will be kind to him, but that is unlikely. The war cost America more than 4,000 lives, at least a trillion dollars, and a serious loss of world esteem. And it left behind a country with no ruling government and an ever stronger Iran.

And yet, at the same time, the former president is enjoying a mini-moment of grudging acceptance, if not affection, in America.

He doesn’t dare take note of it himself, at least publicly. Were he to swagger back onto the stage, Republican friends say, the mellowing mood would evaporate — and complicate the GOP’s effort to win
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Seven years ago, then-President George W. Bush stood beneath a banner on an aircraft carrier and declared that “major combat operations” in Iraq had ended. Wednesday, they actually did — and, by design, Bush was nowhere to be seen.

REALLY MSNBC???
Obama ended the Iraq War?
REALLY???????

Bush thinks that history will be kind to him, but that is unlikely.

Obama and MSNBC thinks history will be kind to Obama but that is unlikely!

war cost America more than 4,000 lives, at least a trillion dollars, and a serious loss of world esteem

How much did Obama cost the country with Bailouts where that money was sent to foreign banks and to auto-makers where they set up plants in latin america.

MSNBC PROPOGANDA!!!!!!

And no mention of Yemen I noticed!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I didn't think the MSM could lose their minds any further.

That is pretty hilarious about "ending the war." All combat troops are gone! Psych! We just changed their mission. They really rely on Americans being idiots, don't they?

Regarding Bush, I've heard many touting lately that the GOP/right wing without his leadership and control is out of control these days, most recently as it relates to Islamophobia. Also, some have been calling on him to make statements about current issues. Maybe that's what MSNBC was alluding to somewhat when they say "resurgence."

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have noticed GWB in the MSM more and more...

Obama did end the war, there are no American troops patrolling the streets or doing check-points or next to Iraqi privates on missions.

50k troops left to train Iraqis does sound pretty outrageous but we'll see..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"And it left behind a country with no ruling government and an ever stronger Iran. " from your article....

Now you know one of the reasons as why they took over iraq....we want a stronger iran......

as you see we are not doing anything about them doing their nuke work....just a bunch of sanctions and talk that means nothing....yep..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who cares? Really, Bush was a freaking scumbag and so is Obama. Are all of you ready to go vote for Bush now. Let's amend the Constitution and bring him back!

I think I know what's going on here: They are setting up the Republicans for 2012. Maybe they will run Jeb Bush.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by antonia]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Bush's 'quiet resurgence' ?

I'd pay for a CD of Bushisms plus Idiot Bush Capers

So maybe a 'comedic Bush resurgence' would be more successful ?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Obama did end the war, there are no American troops patrolling the streets or doing check-points or next to Iraqi privates on missions.

Ummm sending a whole bunch of overpaid mercenaries to Iraq is called ending the war?

Guess who have a worse reputation than u.s. troops in iraqs?
Mercenaries! The media prefers to sugar coat it and called them "contractors"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Keep clearing brush W.. obamas under control..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The next chapter in the Bush saga will be called Jeb.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
People have very short memories.
Nixon came back, the Repubs will spin Bush's return endlessly when they feel they can gain from it. Bush will rerun his fake aw shucks goog ol boy persona. praise Jesus and the soldiers, and people will buy it again.
It's sad.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

this part
"And it left behind a country with no ruling government and an ever stronger Iran."

Made me think of the United States immediately... It is true, we have no ruling government, just a bunch of crooks and kooks, liars and thieves...

I heard Iraq wasn't doing too well at that time also

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Obama and MSNBC thinks history will be kind to Obama but that is unlikely!

Garbage in... Garbage out.

A bit unfair to Obama don't you think?

Bush was handed a country that had a balanced budget with a surpluss.
Then he just ran everything into the ground with the war.
Let's face it Obama was handed Lemons and he's desperately trying to make Lemonade.

I almost wish that Dick "I have no pulse" Chenney was voted in. Then maybe all these lame right wing lunatics would be out of office.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
One can only IMAGINE the MESS the country would be in RIGHT now if Jr was still in office.

If unlimited presidential terms were allowed, and Jr was still in office right NOW, with Beavis and Butthead being his opponenets for the next election, the american citizens would be TRAMPLING over ANYONE and ANYTIHNG just to get to the polls and vote for our infamous cartoon characters over another term with Jr. I REALLY think it would be THAT BAD right now!!!

Seriously, I would rather have had a cartoon character in office over him. How much WORST could they have POSSIBLY done to the country ANYWAY??!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I have noticed GWB in the MSM more and more...

50k troops left to train Iraqis does sound pretty outrageous but we'll see..

Wrong. The war is over when all the troops are back home in the USA. While they remain in Iraq, they are provoking terrorist attacks just like our Saudi Arabia base provoked 9/11. And last I checked, Obama has spread combat operations throughout Afghanistan. Moving the combat operations from Iraq to Afghanistan is not what people meant when they told Obama to bring our troops home.

And if you try and remember, you should have recalled the debate was over the time-table for withdrawal. People were making a big deal over the fact Obama said a time-table was needed. Now you don't get one. Obama was a total scam from the start and this was obvious.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

We are just quietly beginning the manipulation to a Republican President for the next term so that we can start the war on Iran.

Its all just media gamesmanship. I knew Obama would be president in 2000-2001. And odds are, we are going to get a Dubya carbon copy next so we can continue to milk this country dry before it collapses by starting a new war. They are still dancing a bit on the issue, the press is waffling, but it does seem like we are being prepped for more "Conservative Spending and Smaller Government."

Which translates to raping our country of what little assets we have left and gutting the Constitution further due to some fear based agenda. Apparently the "hope and change" based agenda isnt allowing them to siphon off wealth as quickly as they hoped, though it did allow them to get that mess through the Supreme court that allowed corporation to just flat out buy Presidents.

Thats some change for us. Thanks, Obama. You traitor.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wait didnt Bush say that troops will be pulled out of Iraq by late 2010, early 2011? Cause if so, whats Obama going to brag about if that was the original timeline set down by Bush? Oh yeah, here:

afp.google.com...

Iraq-US pact puts troop pullout by 2011: negotiator
(AFP) – Aug 22, 2008

BAGHDAD (AFP) — Negotiators have finalised a deal which will see the complete withdrawal of US troops from Iraq by 2011, ending an eight-year occupation, the top official in the Iraqi team told AFP.

Under the 27-point deal all American combat troops will be withdrawn from Iraqi cities by next June, negotiator Mohammed al-Haj Hammoud said Friday.

The agreement has already been approved by US President George W. Bush and now needs to be endorsed by Iraqi leaders, he added.

But while Bush seemed poised to reverse his previous opposition to a target date for withdrawal, the White House poured cold water on Iraq's account of the deal saying details had yet to be worked out.

"There are still discussions ongoing," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said. "It's not done until it's done."

Hammoud said Baghdad and Washington had agreed to "withdraw the US troops from Iraq by end of 2011."

"The combat troops will withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 2009. Both the parties have agreed on this," he added. "The negotiators' job is done. Now it is up to the leaders."
He added, however, that there was a possibility US troops could leave before 2011 or remain beyond the target date.

"There is a provision that says the withdrawal could be done even before 2011 or extended beyond 2011 depending on the (security) situation," he said.

So if this was already agreed upon by Bush and the government and Iraq back in 2008, so this means, Bush should take credit, because it was his decision back in 2008.

I guess this means, no cookie for Obama on this one. It goes to Bush!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just a small addition, but do any of you remember Goerge Bush Senior was quoted once in a conversation with somebody regarding the politcal affluence of the Kennedy's...he said something to the effect of " wait till you see what the Bush boys do!"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I couldn't agree more. Most Shameful National Broadcasting Company on Wednesday had "All Evening" coverage. Granted I am Glad our Brave Combat forces are returning home. But, we went in based on lies, mis-guided intentions, propaganda and false pretenses. We did topple a dictatorship. I have had a few returning combat vets tell me that the WOMD's are all in Syria, but still telling us the last combat troops have left is nothing more than pure propaganda. We still 50,000 Armed forces personnel over there and any one of them could be in harms way.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Why don't you go kiss Georgie's ass while you're at it?

Like it or not, history will remember Obama as ending the Iraq War and Bush as starting it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join