It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ise Grand Shrine of the Sun in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is amazing and I've never heard of it before now, thought some of yous might find it interesting..here's the description:

"The Ise Grand Shrine in Japan (which is actually a series of over 100 shrines) is the most sacred shrine in Japan. It is dedicated to Amaterasu (the Sun goddess) and has been in existence since 4BC. The main shrine is alleged to hold the most important item in Japan’s imperial history: the Naikū (the mirror from Japanese mythology which eventually ended up in the hands of the first emperors). The shrine is demolished and rebuilt every 20 years in keeping with the Shinto idea of death and rebirth (the next rebuilding will be in 2013). This ranks very high on the list of places you will never go because the only person who can enter is the priest or priestess and he must be a member of the Japanese imperial family."

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow, nobody even looked in this thread..What's this household information or something? Oh well I still think it cool as s___.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I think the deterrent is no pictures of this shrine. While we may never see the inside of it, are they any photo's of the outside?

I think it's interesting also, considering the death and rebirth aspect, as it is an expensive undertaking for every few decades or so!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There's alot of pictures of the village it's actually a popular tourist destination, But you can never enter the Shrine that hold the supposed Mythical Mirror, here check out this website for pics and more info on tourist visits.

www.yamasa.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is the problem. Where is the conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I found this interesting and didn't know anything about it...that's SnF from me. 1200 years of knocking it down and building it up all over.

Whether it's eating wafers (Catholic), chopping foreskins (Jewish) or pestering Allah five times a day...we humans have some very strange rituals!

There's s wiki about the mirror and a picture of Amaterasu >>>

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by ATLien

I found this interesting and didn't know anything about it...that's SnF from me. 1200 years of knocking it down and building it up all over.

There's s wiki about the mirror and a picture of Amaterasu >>>

I found a conspiracy for this subject.

The circular device, which we assume is the mirror, from the wikipedia article matches the number of hands in the Aztec calendar. This being the number eight. Notice the 8 arrows within the circular object. Actually it goes further than that. There are 8 arrows and there are 8 items around the man's face. This matches perfectly with the Japanese sacred mirror.

Here's a detailed imaged of the Aztec calendar
theabysmal.files.wordpress.com...

Yata-no-Kagami - Japanese sacred mirror
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/62a7037c9da8a4e0.jpg[/atsimg]

I believe the Japanese object is in fact Obsidian. There is an Aztec deity by the name of Tezcatlipoca, also known as Smoking Mirror. He is a rival to Quetzalcoatl. Obsidian is used in Shamanistic rituals. Obsidian is reflective like a mirror but it is dark, making a smokey appearance.

en.wikipedia.org...

The black and yellow paint on Tezcatlipoca's face remind me of the glory rays coming out from the Japanese sun goddess.

The renewal date of 2013 rang bells in me that it might be related to the Aztec calendar.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Hiya LiS. As conspiracies go, we'd need to account for the 600 year difference in time-frames and some thousands of miles over the seas! This Japanese custom kicked off at least as early as 800AD and the Aztecs showed up centuries later around 1400AD.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The Aztec calendar came from the more ancient Olmec civilization dating arond 1500 B.C.

the Olmecs are credited, or speculatively credited, with many "firsts", including the bloodletting and perhaps human sacrifice, writing and epigraphy, and the invention of zero and the Mesoamerican calendar,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That's amazing..But how would that be considered a mirror..Looks more like a shield doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I think it; Black Marble, not Obsidian..Look at this:

An Italian nobleman named Pietro della Valle discovered the use of an eight-point star as a seal in the ruins of the ancient city of Ur (~2000BC), Tell al Muqayyar, in the mid-seventeenth century. He wrote “I found on the ground some pieces of black Marble…which seem to be a kind of Seal like what the Orientals use at this day: for their Seals are only letters or written words…Amongst the other letters I discovered in a short time was…a star of eight points…

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I agree it looks like a shield.

When looking up shields with a face in the middle I came up with Athena's shield with Medusa's face in the middle.

I only see 6 animals surrounding the face. If it was 8 then it could be another connection.

I wonder if the mesoamerican civilization developed their calendar around this object.

The number 8 appears to be lucky to Asians. I wonder how that started?

The number eight is considered to be a lucky number in Chinese and other Asian cultures.
en.wikipedia.org...(number)

[edit on 23-8-2010 by lostinspace]

[edit on 23-8-2010 by lostinspace]

new topics

top topics

join