It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else been Itching alot recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, I live on the East Coast and me and my friends been scratching for like a week, I know there's a BedBug Infestation over here, but there's no bites or rashes. Just annoying Itchiness, we share a greenhouse and it could be from something from in there, but Idk.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I hate to point out the obvious, but if you and your friends are all starting to get a itch then one of you has passed on some skin condition to the others or feels, ticks, that sort of thing. Just go to your doctor because nobody on ATS can help you.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I figured somebody would say something like that..But like I said it's been a week and there's nothing like a rash, theres been alot of crop-duster type planes flying over my house, I thought they where looking for my plants, but there is a giant Orchard around my house too..I thought maybe it was some chemicals blowing in the wind as I took care of my plants and wondered if anybody else can relate.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I take it you're in or around NYC. I am and the bedbug reports are getting pretty crazy. You might have them at home, you should check. You might also have come in contact with poison ivy, poison oak or any other itch inducing plant. you might have picked up impetigo as well.

lastly, you could all have lice. those pesky buggers can hit anywhere there's hair so, if you're like Robin Williams, sporting the manhair sweater, you might even have body lice.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not sure how the weather is ther but have you guys swam in a lake recently? Here we had something similar and I guess it was the canadian geese were bringing in some kind of bacteria that would make people itch.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My first thought was bed bugs, even after reading your post.

Bed bugs are different, they don't always leave a signature bite/mark. I only know because I moved into a new place that had them and went through a 6 month ordeal. I would recommend putting mouse-catching sticky pads under the 4 parts of your bed that touch the floor creating a physical barrier to entering/exiting your bed; if you also separate your bed and wall by 6 inches.

Good luck, going to the doctor would probably be the fastest way to find out if it's bug, allergen, or could be physiologic (eg kidney problems can first manifest as itching, that's rare though, I don't want you to worry
).

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My friend and I had this same sort of thing during the winter. Eventually we also had quite a lot of pain in the fatty layer of our skin, which eventually became like cables, for want of a better description, and is now smooth and pain/itch-free. I don't know what it was, what caused it, or what made it resolve itself, but it was a bugger while it was here.

For the record, we lead entirely separate lives. There are no real correlations to be made in our lives. She's 9 years younger than me, childless where I have had three, our diets are very different, our general behavior is quite different. But that itch hit us nearly the same time. Hard to explain.

Keep us posted on developments though.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes I've been attacked frequently by mosquitos. Even more so at work as of late, this has never happened to me in the last 12 years of working. (I work 3rd shift at an airport) My legs have been getting stung and I have scratched them to the point of them bleeding and scabbing up. I guess this just means I smell good....at least to a bug.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

It may also be scabies. They are microscopic bugs that crawl around underneath your skin. You can get thm from bed sheets that have not been washed regularly enough and they are very highly contagious.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Or chiggers, sand lice, mites, several types of bacteria, new detergent, new softener, new clothes, new foods, dry skin, liver problems........ it goes on and on. Really, unusual itches have too many causes to list. Start thinking where you have been different, or what you ate, or if you changed soap, etc.
Itchy skin is like saying you have a headache.....lots of times no one will ever figure out just why. Treating the symptoms is all you can do if you can't find a trigger. It's all a doctor would be able to do, too.

(wondering why someone would look for "plants" from a plane....?)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
I don't know what it is, I live on the East Coast and me and my friends been scratching for like a week, I know there's a BedBug Infestation over here, but there's no bites or rashes. Just annoying Itchiness, we share a greenhouse and it could be from something from in there, but Idk.

If it's a non-stop itch in random spots that persists for hours, days, weeks and months.. then it could be the aliens...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Have you or your friends been experimenting with Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Oxycontin or the like?

Anyone who has will back me up when I say those things will cause you to itch like no other.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, if you're like Robin Williams, sporting the manhair sweater, you might even have body lice.

Thanks for the visual. Now I gotta go drink that out of my memory. :w:

Seriously, OP, get checked out by a doctor.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the bugs and crawly things - sure I will take them to my dreams. I broke out in a rash when we had a heat wave, it itched like a - well you know - it was heat rash with a couple of skeeter bites mixed in for good measure.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You could have scabies! I had them last year, I think they're more common in the winter. My friends and I all had them, and I was more sensitive to it compared to my friends, I started getting really itchy sooner, and with scabies it takes a pretty long time for bumps and red marks to actually develop on skin, probably about a month or so. It's not so bad, it's just pretty itchy, but you kind of get over it, the main problem for me was that it was very itchy before I'd go to bed, but every time I went to the doctor, she would tell me I just had itchy skin because of the cold weather, so it took a very long time before I could finally convince her it was scabies, and finally get the treatment. The worst news though: I think I have it again this year

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Itchy left hand frequently in the mornings, same spot, no bite marks. Can't figure out why, never had it before. Weird

edit on 11-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

When I had scabies, my hands are wrists were especially itchy.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There could be a reason that doesn't involve bugs or aliens.

As the ambient temperature drops the level of humidity also drops as is isn't warm enough to cause water to vaporise, the dry air causes your skin to dry out and dry skin causes itching.

Try using moisturiser

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Exactly - I get winter itch every Fall and winter. I wear cotton as other materials seem to irritate it further. Also if your shower or bath is to hot that makes it worse as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Putting a tiny bit of Olive Oil in your bath really help with that. It works better then most commercial moisturising products.
I have dry skin in the winter too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join