It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zechariah Sitchen,Right wrong or somewhere in between

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Byrd
If you look at the archaeology and paleontology, then he appears to be a complete fraud.

NOOOOO! Don't tell me that! I love reading ancient summerian info and thought I found a gold mine with this fella. His books are still on my bedstand. Crap on toast .. now I have to find a new author to intrigue me. Guess I'll have to go back to Kim Harrison for a while until something great comes up.

Any alternative suggestions to Zechariah Sitchen??

Most of the entertaining books are fiction. Most of the Really Good Informative books will put you to sleep in seconds (unless you're a scholar.)

For reading material (although it's on Ancient Egypt), have you tried the Elizabeth Peters books about Amanda Peabody? She's a PhD Egyptologist with real research in the field and writes an absolutely fabulous story with good detail on things like what an idiot Budge could be and some of the infighting in the field when trying to get dig permits.

Totally fun, and good info.

I have other books I rely on for other cultures, but haven't found any that are really entertaining on Babylon/Sumeria.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would have to say not to listen to everyone on here. As you can see they are extremeely bias and do not focus on the evidence, the history and the logic behind the Ancient Alien theory. I bet some of them are Christian and fully believe in the Judeo-Christian bible.

Perhaps, but most of us are people who read a lot of things (like news reports of archaeological digs or books on how to read the writing) and are interested in history.

How do they explain the fact that humans have 3% primate DNA and 97% 'missing link' DNA?

Actually, humans have 100% primate DNA (we're primates) and 98% of the exact same genes that gorillas and chimpanzees have.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!
[more I agree with you,I've read the bible a lot. Sitchehs books seemed to help explain some of the things in the bible for me. He is a bible scholar you know. Erik Von Danikens books seem to go along with Sitchen to. Thanks for your post.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join