It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Bugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am trying to get some solid science about bed (vampire) bugs. I know no one wants to talk about them but having had some experience (it took nine weekends of powder poisoning to get rid of them).

They seem to be smart, fast, vicious when they know you're trying to kill them with chemicals (they get mad and bite you harder and more often). They seem to be able to communicate and it even seems like they can organize if they have to. I know that sounds silly, but they are so perfectly adapted to us as a food source, I'll believe anything. Their only food is human blood, although they will feed on animals if no humans are around.

I'd like to hear anyone's story (nightmare is more like it) about them and if you were successful in killing them off, are any new treatments, poisons, repellents etc. I would like to have a repellent like OFF to prevent them from wanting to bite me in the first place.

My next question is very scary if it comes to pass: Could they become carriers for bloodborne pathogens/diseases? Blood to blood like aids or hemophilia and all manner of things we don't know about yet?

If some ATS scientists could give me some new information, I'm sure others on ATS would also appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's a couple of websites that talk about the bugs, and the use of heat to kill them

www.thermapure.com...

pestcontrolcanada.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sounds like overwhelming frustration, chemical fumes, and loss of blood has gotten you a little loopy

It seems that to you bed bugs are equivalent to a lesser form of the Green Berets

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Could they become carriers for bloodborne pathogens/diseases? Blood to blood like aids or hemophilia and all manner of things we don't know about yet?

If some ATS scientists could give me some new information, I'm sure others on ATS would also appreciate it.

1)

You can't "get" hemophilia, its genetic like skin color; either you're born that way or you're not.

2)

Not too many bugs stand a chance against diatoms, borax, and a hot clothes dryer. Dust your bed, borax your floors, hot dry your sheets, blankets, and pillows. Why bother with unreliable toxic chemicals that will linger in your bed forever?

3)

I would like to have a repellent like OFF to prevent them from wanting to bite me in the first place.

'don't know about you, but I don't wear much when I sleep and OFF is to be sprayed (if ever
) on your clothes, not skin. You could always add some black walnut hull powder to your diet... I give it to my dog and he's never had fleas or bug issues no matter how far off in the tall grass, deep woods, or plush carpet he gets. It makes your blood unpalatable to bugs with no side effects.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll try the black walnut hull powder. Is it sold like a spice or a supplement at the GNC? Since my ancestry is from Alsace-Lorraine I know that apple cider vinegar is a good dietary supplement for me also.

I did know about the heat treatment, but could they possibly become vectors for diseases (besides hemophilia) in the future?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
also run the information on garlic (i know it sounds bad joke)

i heard it gets rid of fleas on dogs....

see if it works on your issue, check with a dietitian first....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Thanks, I'll try the black walnut hull powder. Is it sold like a spice or a supplement at the GNC?

Its sold in powder form in 1 lb packages online. 1/2 teaspoon a day wouldn't do you wrong.

but could they possibly become vectors for diseases (besides hemophilia) in the future?

Sure leishmaniasis is tranferred by biting flies, lyme from ticks, and you can get encephalitis from a mosquito. I'm sure any other blood sucker could do the same.

be cautious with garlic and dogs... its actually bad for their liver in large doses.

Sri

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I know onion and grape is toxic to dogs but is seems Black Walnut hull is as well.
www.ehow.com...

From what I have read though, it seems to work well for bed bugs and worms in humans. I wish I knew how well taking this would work for mosquitoes. I have heard that eucalyptus oil (rubbed on the skin) works for mosquitoes it might help with bed bugs as well.

Raist

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sevin gets rid of every bug known to man, it also kills bees, some people don't like it because of that, I use it because I don't care, I don't like bee stings and I never seen one honey bee in this pisshole anyway, most of them are wasps, which I would love to see die. Buy the granules and use it in your yard or wherever you have issues as it is totally safe for you and your pets. It is not poison to humans or any verterbrates. Also, for mosquitos, make sure that there is no stagnant water around your property, if you live near a body of water, then I suggest you buy a bug zapper and loads of ctronella candles for when you are outside!

new topics

top topics

join