It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired General Slams NY 'Mosque' Critics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
trust me he knows what hes talking about more than most people. The man has been to a an arab, muslim country and he had met the people. he talked to them and worked with them. he knows

-----
Why should I trust you?

He's been to an "Arab, Muslim country".....and that means what? Does the general have a political leaning or an axe to grind? You don't provide any details other than "trust me".....nah, I think I'll trust my own judgement.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlmB70

Originally posted by RizeorDie
trust me he knows what hes talking about more than most people. The man has been to a an arab, muslim country and he had met the people. he talked to them and worked with them. he knows

-----
Why should I trust you?

He's been to an "Arab, Muslim country".....and that means what? Does the general have a political leaning or an axe to grind? You don't provide any details other than "trust me".....nah, I think I'll trust my own judgement.

That means he's had first hand experience dealing with muslims and their thoughts feelings and ideas, I would certainly trust him over Fox News and other pundits.

What do you think it means?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Boomer1941
Maybe this alleged patriotic general would rather have the mosque built in the middle of Arlington National Cemetery?

Sigh ... are you really not aware that there are numerous dead Muslim soldiers buried at ANC? The Crescent above their graves? Don't you know that there are thousands of Muslim American soldiers presently serving their country?

For Shame!

[edit on 20 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

Is that the best you can do in twisting the context of my post?

Yes there are muslims serving our country, there are also muslims killing our troops. There was also a muslim cleric that killed eight of our troops at Fort Hood as well.

Oh, and I didn't want to leave this out..."Sigh"

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just wanted to add one thing.

It is extremely critical that the U.S. military is not perceived as a Christian military, particularly when they are engaged in combat in the heart of the Islamic world. It is dangerous to out troops. I believe you alluded to this, Proto.

In recent years, there have been some pretty alarming situations that have arisen to bolster the perception that they are indeed at war with Islam. Things like the Pentagon courting and embracing former Muslims who have converted to Christianity. And things like those in this story: Jih adist Web site Uses Mass Baptism of Marines As Proof of 'Christian Crusade' in Afghanistan

In this article, there is a great question in the subhead: Pentagon policy prohibits military officers from endorsing particular religious beliefs. Why do so many in the military ignore this directive?

Why indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Yes there are muslims serving our country, there are also muslims killing our troops. There was also a muslim cleric that killed eight of our troops at Fort Hood as well.

Speaking of twisting, how does a Army Colonel become a Cleric?

You do know that he was a Psychologist right? That he was never ever a cleric?

So if you want to post off topic could you do us a favor and at least get your facts straight?

You know straighter than the base full of trained military personnel who thought there were three shooters, and then two shooters, and then just one Muslim.

You know the case where all the witnessess to the incident were shipped overseas under gag orders.

That one?

[edit on 20/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow! This "mosque at Ground Zero" issue is really doing a great job of creating division!

F*#k it! Just build the damn thing across from my house. Meanwhile, I might get to piss off some overly sensitive Muslims with my usual behavior, watch my overly sensitive neighbors get their panties in a bunch, and go for a swim in the pool that is to be built in that community center.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I find this entire thread a bit dubious at best...The general's last name is a red flag for me...So I will not offer any thoughts about the subject...if the mosque were to be built, will it be all muslim labor that builds it?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I find this entire thread a bit dubious at best...The general's last name is a red flag for me...So I will not offer any thoughts about the subject...if the mosque were to be built, will it be all muslim labor that builds it?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

" By way of deception, thou shalt do War."

Of course he is right. Muslim people or not, they are people just the same.

As it is said, " you can make more friends with honey than with vinegar."

With All the Americans claiming to "support our troops" one might think that those making all of this noise about this Mosque/community center issue only conveys an even more hostile and negative message to those fighting against our troops overseas ?

But this is even more validation for me that the true intent of 911 really WAS a false flag event to get us Amerikuns all worked up against the Muslims and Islam.

Enabling the Rothschilds oil corp. BP, to eventually own all of the Oil in Iraq,Afghanistan AND Iran.

Because sadly with all of the recent anti Mosque noise, the Zionist's plan is apparently working.

Mossad's motto is " By way of deception, thou shalt do War."

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

lol, i have bunnies and bluebirds dressing me and combing my hair too.

and a nasty dwarf called mo that lives in the other room.

the general has a right to his views, like everyone.

doesn't make him a leader anyone should follow.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

proto, I have enjoyed many of your posts on this particular website, and I thank you as well for the kind words. The point in fact is that no matter our stance, no matter our understanding of a certain issue, most everyone around here can come to the conclusion that a peaceful and sustainable future is in the best interest of everyone. The open dialogue and freedom of speech provided on forums and websites such as ATS (still the best imo) allow us all to come out of the wood-work and help each other progress as intelligent, intellectual and informed human beings.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on the Army and its special operations command, glad to see it honestly. I wish you well into the future, and look forward to our future discussions together. If there are any punctuation errors in this post I apologize, I will correct them in a more sober state in the morning.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Funded by The State Department.

Issues here are out of my League.

Consider the Crossfire.

Interesting , Troublesome, Bothersome, and directed at Emotional Response.

Fodder for all us ATS folks...

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

"The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken" Cheers ATS !

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Maybe this alleged patriotic general would rather have the mosque built in the middle of Arlington National Cemetery?

Sigh ... are you really not aware that there are numerous dead Muslim soldiers buried at ANC? The Crescent above their graves? Don't you know that there are thousands of Muslim American soldiers presently serving their country?

For Shame!

[edit on 20 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

He was a Colonel, not a "cleric".

Now, this creates a credibility issue for you in this discussion. Were you being untruthful to skew the argument? If so, does that betray a weak position that you cannot defend?

Or are you ill informed and not clear on the facts that you have miscomprehended in order to create your viewpoint?

Have you considered the "throwing the baby out with the bath water" analogy in this context? Some Muslims want to kill us (you can research it and find some good reasons, to be honest....they aren't all absolute lunatics), but not all want to. The cause of terrorism is not Islam. Islam is a crutch to support many other things, like revenge, lunacy, anger, despair, hopelessness, and delusion.

Islam is not the cause, it is merely the vessel in SOME instances. In others it could be Christianity (IRA, etc) or patriotism (no example i am willing to give, lest i be misunderstood).

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Thank you, it really does mean a whole lot!

I revel in the fact that those of us with seemingly opposite views can come together on ATS and appreciate the sharing of ideology and information. Your posts have helped me to progress as a human being as well, and our continued open communication can do nothing but promote our critical thinking and level of intelligence and understanding. It has certainly been a long night, and I apologize if I am not communicating effectively, but this thread has been one of my favorites in a while. There is always going to be name-calling, ridicule and so forth on these boards, but I have truly enjoyed the mature and respectful conversations we all have had. Wishing you and yours well into the future, I will certainly be on tomorrow afternoon/evening for some more intriguing discussion.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Spot on, my friend. I would be willing to bet a majority of those who hate or discriminate Muslims have never taken the time to get to know any. Globalist media (it's not just a U.S. run thing) has an incredible effect on people's viewpoints and opinions, whether it be consciously or subconsciously. Think about the vast amount of people around the globe who view Americans as ignorant, obese, lazy and militaristic individuals. Most of these conceptions are formed from the media they receive, and without taking the time to truly research and understand our rich and varied cultural and social history, that is the only image of us they have.

I have come to one conclusion after my short time and limited experiences in this existence, people in-general are much more similar than most would imagine. Raising a family, providing for that family and living a peaceful existence is the intent of 98 percent of this planet's inhabitants, at least that would be my unprofessional guess. I fear that the vodka and brew dogs have gotten the better of me tonight, as this is my third straight post. I hope I haven't bored you all with my spam. Take care Texan, enjoyed the post as usual.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
who gives a shi* about the damn mosque? 911 was an inside job.
stop regurgitating msm bullshi* topics, designed to occupy our
minds and time and shift the focus from real issues. even here
at ATS, it's mosque mosque mosque. get rid of the shills and
msm spinners, ats.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I don't care what he said.

No mosque, fullstop.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

This is the same thing myelf and many others have been saying. By banning the Mosque you really help th recruiting efforts of extremists and even peaceful Muslims may find it offensive and feel persecuted.

I will never understand why ground zero is considered hallowed ground (even though it's 2 blocks away from ground zero).

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The World Trade Centre was not Muslim.

Do not replace it with something Muslim.

I am getting sick and tired of people saying Muslims may be offended.

SO WHAT?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

No one is saying the WTC was Muslim, they are simply saying that by stopping a group exercising the same rights as everyone else you are helping to spread hatred and helping the extremists to recruit people who want to destroy your country. Without issues like this the recruiters have far less material to work with. Also they are not replacing it with something Muslim, it's two blocks away!

When you say "so what" this is what you are forgetting. Your reaction is knee jerk, like so many other people.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join