It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Chase Ends Alongside Airport Runway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Dallas Police Chase Ends Alongside Airport Runway

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) DALLAS (AP) - A suspected carjacker led police on an hour-long chase Thursday before crashing through a locked chain-link fence and driving across runways at Dallas Love Field, temporarily halting flights, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxdfw.com

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have always thought that they put WAY to much focus on the passengers boarding the plane with bombs.

This guy drove down a street that had a gate at the end of it. He drove throught the gate and ended up on the runway. There there were fully loaded passenger planes sitting on the dtarmac ready to take off. Full of fuel and people.

Let this sink in for a minute.

I started doing a search in Google Earth and taking a look at some of the major airports in the country. It's scary how many points of access are there for ANYONE to drive through a gate or fence and roll right on out to the runway.

Load that truck full of explosives and stick a devout "insert terror group suicide bomber here" in the seat followed buy about 5 or 6 of his buddies hell bent on harm.

The cops were chasing this guy. No one would be chasing these jihadists

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/20/2010 by pwrthtbe]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yep, that would be one simple way to do it. Even DFW, one of the largest airports in the world (much bigger than Love Field for those readers not in Dallas) is only surrounded by a chaing link fence and lots of generally empty land.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm not going to post any pics of the vulnerable spots. I think a lot more "undesirable" elements read sites like ATS than one would think. We all need to know things like this though. It helps keep the general public more aware. Well,... the ones that care more aware.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
your right, men...so, the world is getting less safe.
it fits the biblical view, makes one want to have a talk with God searching for a safe place. i suppose everyone sees this happening and has a plan.
in the 70's i went to love field all the time, sometimes to sit in a 727 to hear the pre-departure clearances over the radio to get used to how it sounds....cleared as filed, expect 17,000 feet ten minutes after departure, maintain runway heading....then it gets gobbly sounding....once i walked at midnite up to a c-130 hercules and climbed right up into the front wheel well where the access door is trying to get that cool national guard helmet..... these days....not so much
at DFW regional in 1979, my buddy's mom would drive us up to the passenger terminal area but we would jump out and run to a fence and go over it, jump in our courrier twin engine and start-up without a preflight, and roll before the security could get us .
we were flying cancelled checks to austin....
these days we pray just to make it....everyone does huh!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
some posted UT video

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Who turned your alarm clock on?
US security forces don't mention the deplorable state of our internal security measures - they don't want us to notice or think about it. In the UK, for example, they have barbed wire on power poles throughout the countryside - not secure by any means, but visually intimidating.
Just like the chain link fence at the airports, the barbed wire is just a deterrent but hey - there isn't a single public facility that's hardened against determined attacks anywhere on the planet (if you include off planet attacks, then no where on earth is "safe").

NEXT STEP - keep vigilant this is only the tip of the iceberg if you're really interested in containing "threats".

gj

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Another thing that keeps messing with my head is the fact that you can walk up to any power station in the country and practically slip through a fence and cause mayhem and destruction. If you coordianted an attack on several large switching stations you could effectively bring an entire large city to it's knees.

There is NO secutity in place if somone wanted to criple our infrastructure. Our water treatment plants are the same as the airports. They're guarded at the front but just a chain link fence protecting the rear of the facilities.

I'm sure our benevolent government has thought of all of these scenarios but the general public should be more vigilant of their surroundings.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pwrthtbe
Another thing that keeps messing with my head is the fact that you can walk up to any power station in the country and practically slip through a fence and cause mayhem and destruction. If you coordianted an attack on several large switching stations you could effectively bring an entire large city to it's knees.

I think the next wave of terrorism is going to be centered on the Internet - with the push to move more and more businesses up in to the cloud so that they have limited physical resources in-house running their business. In five years I would imagine even having the internet down country wide for a single day would cost more than the combined losses of 9/11. If it was permanently crippled then civilization would collapse which reminds me of the popular IT Crowd episode.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well this should help you understand that the chicken feed you've eaten up about terrorism is a real threat is just a load of manure. If terrorists wanted to do some serious damage to the country they would have by now. I'm shocked sometimes to find that people actually believe in terrorists. To me terrorists have long since gone the way of Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I totally agree with you on that one. The bogeyman was invented for monetary as well as political gain. It's a handfull of powerfull people in this world that use us as well as the governments of the world as chess pieces in their game of life.

The quest for large sums of money is the root of all evil. When one gets a little, greed takes over and you have to have more and more and more. You can never reach a happy medium. Some may be able to be happy with modest amounts of money and "things". The vast majority want more, no what they have to do to get it.

Sad really.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by pwrthtbe]

new topics

top topics

join