It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by airspoon
A very well done thread, I think everyone here should read it. As far as our current system, I like to call it socio-fascism, incorporating a little of both, which makes it resemble neither. In true capitalism, the markets are free and regulate themselves. The consumer dictates supply and demand. Instead, what we have today is the corporations manipulating and the government regulating the market as to benefit the corporations in its favor. Instead of the consumer deciding the direction of the market, the market, at the hands of those manipulating it, is deciding the direction of the consumer.
It is almost like they have all given up, accepted their bondage, and became complacent, scares the life out of me!!
Originally posted by AmosGraber
reply to post by zzombie
I think this point by point breakdown of fascism by Dr. Lawrence Britt (a political scientist) is pretty close to accurate. Fascism in its simplest definition is basically extreme nationalism. It is the dichotomy to communism. Communism is on the extreme left, while fascism is on the extreme right; Those who run the commerical oligarchies use these concepts to keep us all acting like gregarious sheep walking in line into their den of wolves. How many can you check off as being part of our current countries political belief system?:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.check!
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.Check!
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial, ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.check!
4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.check!
5. Rampant Sexism - The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.largely check
6. Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes the media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.check!
[edit on 20-8-2010 by AmosGraber]
capitalism: Doctrine that private ownership and free markets should govern economies