It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd American Civil War theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

yes it will be completed if the NAFTA agenda is to be implemented, Mexico USA and Canada are to be under one flag, plausibly under one rule, then i see no other way than it's completion. last i checked it is almost to Canada.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

yes you are right to a point some did and tried to tell the GOV go away, but in the end it was the money game in my op that did them in, the feds went to the gov the gov then went to mayor. with out funding were does one stand?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This whole thread is an example of a fantasy that a relatively few people who have short memories have concocted and spread over the internet.

The idea of a second civil war is completely untenable.

While there may be a good many people in the south and midwestern states who would like to secede from the Union, it is highly unlikely very many (if any) states as a whole would act on those sentiments. If war happened at all it would break down into small skirmishes between small factions within states.

If anyone on this thread is old enough to remember Civil War history I would remind you that more Americans died in that war than in both world wars put together. There was enormous bloodshed and destruction and both the south and the north were left shattered.

In the end America was still one nation.

There may be a few militia-type organizations who might try to touch off a civil war. I believe Timothy McVeigh believed he was setting off a war when he bombed the federal building in Oklahoma. They won't be the majority.

In the last instance the average American will be too sane to start another civil war. He or she will seek more orderly and peaceful remedies through the slow mechanisms of the political process.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
In the last instance the average American will be too sane to start another civil war. He or she will seek more orderly and peaceful remedies through the slow mechanisms of the political process.

I believe you have way to much confidence in the sanity and critical thinking skills of modern Americans.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Damn you're right.. sort of. Just when I thought america should be divided into two parts. Star for you.

In the fight against extremism, the true enemy is extremism itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tahuti
This will never happen in the current state of affairs. reason being the states are well connected the federal government has all the control now (D.C) in the blink of an eye they could in fact shut the entire states economic resourses down cut off all ties to the media including internet, phone lines, news networks from the part that your at war with ofcourse the local would most likely still work but consider even 1,000,000 without access to their money, internet access, television, there would be riots the likes we've never seen it would throw the entire country into chaos. people would survive afew days without their money or power if they were reassured it would all be back online but with everything cut off from the national treasury pretty soon there would be alot of angry people and the government just wouldnt allow that under any circumstance (not counting sabatoge from terrorist or another country.)

Yea but we run all the stuff they would shut down..

So if the people wanted they could start it back up again..

They just give orders.....we actually know how everything works

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud

I believe you have way to much confidence in the sanity and critical thinking skills of modern Americans.

Well said my friend. Let them be in denial. Time will surely tell and the ones still living in reality will be prepared for the obvious.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This whole thread is an example of a fantasy that a relatively few people who have short memories have concocted and spread over the internet.

The idea of a second civil war is completely untenable.

While there may be a good many people in the south and midwestern states who would like to secede from the Union, it is highly unlikely very many (if any) states as a whole would act on those sentiments. If war happened at all it would break down into small skirmishes between small factions within states.

If anyone on this thread is old enough to remember Civil War history I would remind you that more Americans died in that war than in both world wars put together. There was enormous bloodshed and destruction and both the south and the north were left shattered.

In the end America was still one nation.

There may be a few militia-type organizations who might try to touch off a civil war. I believe Timothy McVeigh believed he was setting off a war when he bombed the federal building in Oklahoma. They won't be the majority.

Thats quite a naive and narrow minded response....

Dont associate the militia movement with Mcveigh. Just because Mcveigh served in the Michigan militia for a year or two doesnt discredit militias everywhere.

Such nonsense and propaganda....

[edit on 20-8-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am thinking that the only difference between a Civil War and a Revolutionary War is who wins.

I don't think either is the case. I expect a more Soviet style breakup. Remember, when the Soviet Union collapsed, most of the regular people never saw it coming. Maybe it will be tomorrow?

Only the innerparty knows the true health of the all powerful state.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As an outsider looking in I am amazed that so many people think things have got that bad that they would willingly go to war with and kill their fellow countrymen!

I don't think it would be allowed to develop that way, the knock on effect of any American Civil War would be catastrophic for the whole of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
I speculate that a second American revolution will not take place. I believe that a 2nd American civil war is very possible and may be imminent. I speculate that it will be the midwestern central states (anti Fed) against the East and West coastal states(Pro Fed) based off of their current political affiliations and policies. My question is which states will be on which side? Who and why?

Its just speculation and others may disagree with my theory but please humor me and flirt with the idea.

My theory, a second civil war will NOT Happen. IF anything, it will be a second revolution. It will be the states against the Feds due to Communist policies being enacted by the Elite. (International Bankers and Supra International Mega Corporations controlling National governments through draconian fiscal policies that transfer wealth from the people to the elite).

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I can tell You exactly how it's going to go down;

On the big scale:

The middle-east will explode in total violence, because, if America is occupied by fighting whithin it's own borders, the Arab Nations will grab the opportunity to try and remove Israel. That will only deliver the Arabs a large glass parking-lot, because with the USA out of the picture as their protector, Israel will be forced to use their submarine-based nukes. They just do not have the man/woman power to ward off all Arabs.

Russia will, contrary to what many believe, stay out of the fray ,strengthen bonds with China. Russians would no longer have that ingrained fear of America that they currently still have, because the USA is no longer.

One caveat though: Europe, Southern america and to a lesser degree, Asia will have to take in enormous streams of refugees from America. That's a given. We are much more mobile nowadays than in the days of the civil war.

There is much more hingeing on the stability of the USA than You seem to be aware of.

On a somewhat smaller scale:

Europe and Asia are going to laugh their behinds off for a while, and will be supplying both sides with supplies (and even more debt), sit back and wait for the USA to fight among itself until total meltdown. China will wait patiently at the side-lines, while strengthening exports to Europe and Asia , where people actually have money to spend. Move-in and transplant 50- to 75% of their own industries to the USA.

Why? Because after a civil war- (that You are looking at with a decidedly gleeful right-wing slant, so quit the "I am only proposing an idea for the sake of discussion" pseudo-innocence)-people are mostly so in disarray, and desperate to pick up the pieces, that they will work for peanuts...Something that the Chinese and Asian workers are less and less inclined to do. We will become the new 3rd. world, providing more dead-cheap labour for the elite.

Many countries that silently hate us, are waiting for The US to implode, or even better, to blow ourselves up.

Yes I am torked-off at your "Innocent hypothetical situation" It's playing with fire. It's toying with age-old blood-feud like hatred for central government.
You have no idea whatsoever of the truly dangerous undercurrents (in mainly confederate states) that are getting more and more brash. The TEA-Party is only the beginning. The MSM madness, the Becks, Limbaughs, the propaganda gushing from our TV-sets...You have NO idea what Your little exercise would escalate into, not the faintest inkling of the forces You are playing with. It would set the USA ablaze in total annihilation. Forgot small-scale nukes can be used on Your own people??

We are already sitting on a powder-keg with mad right-and left wingers waving matches. There is already a well-orchestrated effort underway to polarize America. This "What If?" is a dangerous game to play. Who knows what idiots will get unhealthy inspiration.

Be careful what You wish for, You might get it.

And remember this lesson from the French revolution: Revolutions tend to eat their own children.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by diakrite]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

China, Europe and Asia are going to laugh their behinds off, will be supplying both sides with supplies(and even more debt), sit back and wait for the USA to fight among itself untill total meltdown.

China would literally disappear from international trade for a decade if the US fell. Their economy relies on us as much or more than we rely on them. Their currency is backed by ours, sadly for them.
Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan may have something to worry about though.

Europe would see a mess of their own, as NATO falls without its largest ally. Russia, I think, would be dominant in this part of the world.

I think in a world without the imperial arms of the US, Brazil, India, and Russia would become dominant powers. The People's Republic of China would likely see a change as drastic as the US.

North America would likely break off into regional authorities, much like a post-Soviet USSR.

The TEA-Party is only the beginning. The MSM madness, the Becks, Limbaughs, the propaganda gushing from our TV-sets...You have NO idea what Your little exercise would escalate into.

lol

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
As an outsider looking in I am amazed that so many people think things have got that bad that they would willingly go to war with and kill their fellow countrymen!

I don't think it would be allowed to develop that way, the knock on effect of any American Civil War would be catastrophic for the whole of the world.

These wishing war do not share the views of most Americans mate, they are really to the US what the IRA is to Northern Ireland.

There is a small minority in the United States that is preparing for war on their countrymen, but for the vast majority of the country these kind of thoughts, let alone conversations don't even occur.

Here you are seeing a great many very extreme opinions being voiced. Not even all of the militia movement thinks this way, and the armchair generals calling for a second civil war will probably never get their way.

As it was said some pages ago here, thank god the American people are not insane or idiotic enough to go for this.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
I can tell You exactly how it's going to go down;

China, Europe and Asia are going to laugh their behinds off, will be supplying both sides with supplies(and even more debt), sit back and wait for the USA to fight among itself until total meltdown. Move-in and transplant 50- to 75% of their own industries to the USA. Why? Because after a civil war- (that You are looking at with a decidedly gleeful right-wing slant, so quit the "I am only proposing an idea for the sake of discussion" pseudo-innocence)-people are mostly so in disarray, and desperate to pick up the pieces, that they will work for peanuts...Something that the Chinese and Asian workers are less and less inclined to do. We will become the new 3rd. world, providing more dead-cheap labour for the elite.

Many countries that silently hate us, are waiting for The US to implode, or even better, to blow ourselves up.

Yes I am torked-off at your "Innocent hypothetical situation" It's playing with fire. It's toying with unfounded, age-old blood-feud like hatred for central government.
You have no idea whatsoever of the truly dangerous undercurrents in (mainly confederate states) that are getting more and more brash. The TEA-Party is only the beginning. The MSM madness, the Becks, Limbaughs, the propaganda gushing from our TV-sets...You have NO idea what Your little exercise would escalate into, not the faintest inkling of the forces You are playing with. It would set the USA ablaze in total annihilation. Forgot small-scale nukes can be used on Your own people??

Be careful what You wish for, You might get it.

And remember this lesson from the French revolution: Revolutions tend eat their own children.

Whoa, take a xanax and grab a beer. Such arrogance and wild accusations peppered with negativity. I never said i "wished" for any of this. Its reality that people discuss this all around the world. When and how is the US going to deal with their problems. I claim no innocence. Everyone has some bias in their debates and perspectives. Its called an OPINION. You have an opinion. I respect it. You have a perspective. i'll debate it with respect. You should do the same with my post and everyone else. Not put your own personal spin on someone's words insulting them with accusations of ignorance.

Also using labels such as right wing or left is a tool of propagandists. Its just to throw people into categories to discredit them.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I'm curious to know why you think this would happen and how it might play out?
Not that I disagree, I just would like you to elaborate please.

Well things will have to get worse first.

The ppl are getting ready for the possibility.

www.ammoland.com...

USA Gun Owners Buy 14 Million Plus Guns In 2009 – More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies Combined That is 14,033,824,000 billion+ rounds of Ammo..you think that is why we have an Ammo shortage?

So the ppl have prepared for it and I think they are waiting for
major negative shifts.

Some of the things that could push the house of cards over would
be them passing a new form of NAIS, S.787, and being more
out in the open about Codex Alimentarius which came into law
pretty much worldwide back in Dec. 2009.

They are bullying the Amish, Mennonites, and Quakers as they
know they are pacifists and bullies like ppl that do not fight back.

They use a method called incrementalism, a battle of inches instead
miles, they keep shearing us sheep til we holler then they placate
us and calm us and assure us and then slowly go back to shearing us.

At some point there will be a new ruby ridge, or new waco event,
and the ppl involved will not be amateurs this time.

When that happens you are going to see a lot of dead on both sides.

That might kick it off.

The states trying to pass laws like Arizona to defend itself against
an invasion being told they cannot pass laws, and are just slaves to
the fed, and the 10th amendment is tossed on the trash heap.

That might anger ppl a little.

It will be cumulative swagger, elitism, and corruption on the part
of the feds that will smolder like a fire til some ppl actually feel
it is worth dying over it.

Just like in the french revolution it had to get pretty bad before ppl
decided to throw caution to the wind.

Me personally I am not going to be apart of the fight unless it
manages to find me where I plan to hide.

That has been my plan all along as I have posted on here many
times I plan to sit this one out.

My ancestors already died by the millions to try to keep this dirt
and if we can just stay out of the way and let the white man
do what he loves best so be it.

Once it looks like it is even remotely close to starting I am heading
for the remote wilderness to "go camping" for awhile.

I am going to be able to get underground, and it is not some resort
or often used lake and the terrain has no easy walking trails so
I think there will be few there.

A lot of the city dwellers will show up at the big lakes and it will
work for awhile, but eventually they will over fish the lakes
and it will start falling apart on them.

Hopefully they will know about wild edibles and have seed packs
of heirloom seeds to fall back on.

Also the feds will show up where there are large groups of ppl.

So the ppl are armed to the teeth with enough guns to arm 21 of
the worlds armies, and they may win at some point, but not before
the banksters call in the blue helmets from the UN.

It will be a bloodbath, and one I plan to hide from.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Originally posted by Freeborn

These wishing war do not share the views of most Americans mate, they are really to the US what the IRA is to Northern Ireland.

There is a small minority in the United States that is preparing for war on their countrymen, but for the vast majority of the country these kind of thoughts, let alone conversations don't even occur.

Here you are seeing a great many very extreme opinions being voiced. Not even all of the militia movement thinks this way, and the armchair generals calling for a second civil war will probably never get their way.

As it was said some pages ago here, thank god the American people are not insane or idiotic enough to go for this.

Its not idiotic or insane for the American people to change their government when it no longer serves their interests. Actually you just called the founding fathers crazy and extreme. The founding fathers specifically listed for the people to change the government if they see it necessary.

"when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government" (emphasis added). US Declaration of Independence.

Of course there will be people who agree and disagree. Which means there will be a fight between those differing peoples. ie CIVIL WAR

No one here is advocating or planning to attack their countrymen. No one wants death or destruction here, nor are they proposing it. SH!T This site has some serious trolls...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't think there will ever be a civil war. The government will never allow it to escalate. You'll have a group of people that will try to start fighting, the military will come in and wipe them out. End of story. Revolution and civil war are an out dated dream that will never come to fruition. The American people are just not willing to die for their beliefs like they once were.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
yes i agree, the flint has been struck now for smoke and were there is smoke there is fire, how long 1-2 years ? that is my op.

shorter than that.

the November 2010 mid terms will be rigged.
People will know they are rigged by their outcome.
Skirmishes will ensue despite 80,000 troops
deployed by Obama. First shots and first blood
over recounts or lack thereof.
Civil War by Christmas

Happy Holidays, the family got you some
ammo this year

that is my opinion

[edit on 20-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Maybe.. I was busy amending the post in some details after a bit of pondering. And trying to project a world-wide escalation.

I sincerely doubt Russia would make a power grab. With the evil Boogeyman USA out of the picture, attitudes would change pretty quick. Russia also knows it needs a market to sell goods to. They got their own oil ,so that's one reason less to annex Europe.

The biggest slaughter will be the middle-east.

And Yes, I admit to be scared out of my wits of these secession-nuts. They would happily throw away all that we accomplished, out of some "hurt pride" remember Sudetenland??

[edit on 8/20/2010 by diakrite]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join