It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Catholic Church tarred with new child sex abuse scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Oh wow! Here you are preaching how actions of few don't represent the entire community but your posts in the Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero shows a different side of yours blaming all Muslims for 9/11 even suggesting attacking the so called mosque.

I say we simply let them build the mosque and then hijack one of their camels and fly the camel into it!

They really shouldn't be shocked if they sit and think about it...

Enh!! doesn't work one way brah! Guess this position is only to be taken if it's Christians lol.

Playgrounds and schools are sacred ground where innocence of children's is preserved, all Churches should be removed from such sacred grounds.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
OK, another Catholic church horror.

Has anyone noticed that other churches do not figure in these scandals?

Firstly, let me say that I am not a supporter of churches - churches are manmade and full of rubbish.

Secondly, my belief is that the Roman Catholic church is full of horrors and lies, and so is the vatican.

I think the RC church and the vatican is the scarlet whore in the bible.

Although I do not trust the bible either - written by a lot of people with different views.

But I will say this - a lot of humanity is brainwashed to be roman catholic.

Get free of all churches - get your spirituality in your own mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Boring.

Are we even shocked anymore. Everyone should know that:

RELIGION = Pedophilia and Sexual Deviance

All through history religions of all, have been raping, fiddling and molesting children into marriage, sexual congress and all matter of sick and twisted perversions.

The punishment should be upped for these religious freaks.

But then the elites get away with it daily as they are all pedos too.

Glad im not a kid anymore. If you can't trust an adult who is meant to be someone to look up to then the moral fabric of society is too be held accountable.

Possible punishment for child sexual abuse = Detach genitals and reattach to their face. A constant reminder to everyone of their crime and a BIG warning for kids to stay away.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The authorities should take a leaf out of the Belgians, and should have arrested the priests accused of this most disgusting crime. The Catholic Church should be treated the same as any other organisation. They should not be above the law what soever.

Another scandal which will be swept under tha carpet.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i attended catholic grammer school, all girl catholic high school-which we mingeled with all boy catholic schools and i also attened one year of all girl catholic collge-we had a brother catholic college to socalize with. i have to say that in all those years i never came across any whisper of pediphile ect. actions by priests...not saying its not true...can not understand how i missed it?? and also can not understand why all these priests have not been totally dealt with. is there some secret ritual that makes all of their perversions ok?? its ridiculous that we are all still in the middle of the scandel--dont ask dont tell-applys here for sure!! oh yeah i am 59yrs old and whent to scool in boston area-so i was right in a hot bed of activity!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Most of the blame is because of that ridiculous Celibacy Law in the Catholic Church, they fear Women soooo much....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
not to demean Catholicism at all
but it does seem to me that there
is another charge of sexual exploitation
within the church every month or so
these days. I guess we can add
another one to the list of hundreds.

Why not demean it?

It's not the followers who have been fooled who are to blame for this, it's the ones that run the show.

Soon people will hopefully see churches for what they truly are and will understand why this "always" happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Most of the blame is because of that ridiculous Celibacy Law in the Catholic Church, they fear Women soooo much....

That's not to blame. Celibacy doesn't make you attracted to children.

It's something else...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Why not demean it?

Then why stop there?

According to the FBI, molestation rates by priests are the same as any other profession such as teachers, lawyers, law enforcement, blah blah.

Since the rates are the same, surely there must be a cover-up among school officials and police?

And why stop there?

Many molestations are committed by family members such as step fathers, uncles, blah blah.

Surely there must be a cover-up going on.

And let's keep going....

Many other religious organizations have the same amount of molesters hiding within them.

Surely there must be a cover-up by Islamic, Christian protestant, Buddhist, Satanist, blahblah, groups.

But let's keep going...

The vast majority of sex offenders are men.

Surely there must be a cover-up among men to protect their fellow sex offenders.

The reason why the Catholic Church makes such an easy target is because it is ok to hate Catholics and because the Catholic Church is an organization that can be sued.

Of course there is a cover-up within the church, just like there are within teachers groups or the police. A molesting priest is obviously going to be protected by a molesting bishop who will be protected by a molesting cardinal who would be protected by a corrupt pope trying to maintain PR. Replace the Catholic organization with any other organization and there is the same damn thing.

It isn't church policy to cover up the corruption, unless it can be pointed out. An organization is made up of humans and a certain percentage of humans like molesting.

Obviously humans cover themselves up all the time.

So if you want to start demeaning the catholic church, start being honest with yourself and demean everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's something else...

It must be being catholic right?

Only they abuse children.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's something else...

Its abnormal way of life for a Man and a Woman, no it doesnt make you a Paedophile but it gives a distorted view on sex....an Children are easy to manipulate compared to an Adult...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The ironic part is that doesn't pedophilia-by-priests kinda PROVE that these priests don't really believe in God?

I mean, if they TRULY feared God's wrath and all-seeing-eye, then they would know that if they gave into their sick inner temptations that they would go to HELL for ever.

So, no, these priests aren't normal God-fearing people driven to pedophilia by lack of sex. They are atheist pedophiles that got the idea that "Hey, people trust me with their children and would NEVER believe it if a kid said I touched them inappropriately! I'll become a Priest! That, plus the church will protect me from prosecution!"

Furthermore this theory that celibacy makes one a pedophile is illogical. All celibacy does is make one horny for what ever they gave up. It isn't going to cause a mutation of their sexual desires to something more perverse. Quite the opposite - when stranded in the desert, a person dying of thirst doesn't fantasize of fancy cocktails with umbrella's and plastic swords - they fantasize about a simple, basic glass of water.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
More responsive action is needed. If convicted of repeated crimes, I say bring in the death penalty. I'm tired of these "things" abusing our most precious belonging. Don't waste time or money trying to re-condition scum like this, just take them out with extreme prejudice. Failing that these crimes will continue, probably worse, while suckholes and pro-church folks argue the finer points of the church and its priests.

It is abundantly clear that the only purpose of the church is to serve as an incubator for pedophiles.

brill

[edit on 22-8-2010 by brill]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join