It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dislike the new layout for the msg board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but I personally liked the original look to the msg board front page rather than what it's been changed to now. If you don't know what I mean, you can check belowtopsecret.com for their msg board section. I think it just looks nicer and more modern, plus it's easier to navigate thru the various msg boards I believe. Even tho the msg board titles should be self-explanatory, the old layout gave a nice description as to what should be posted on there, as well as you could click the msg board title to go directly to that board (you can't do that with the new layout). I actually only just realized there are msg board links on the left as well.

Shrug, just wanted to throw in my opinion
I'm not sure if it's something that is just temporary, or if you are looking to change it back, but personally I liked the old look.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Mmmmm..... Mr HAMILTON. Your in a minority.

Hamilton ??? Where have I heard that name before ?

Oh yes!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do we have the pleasure of Mr Mikro's company once again ?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON I don't know about anyone else, but I personally liked the original look to the msg board front page rather than what it's been changed to now. If you don't know what I mean, you can check belowtopsecret.com for their msg board section. I think it just looks nicer and more modern,
uh... they're almost exactly the same except for color: ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com... BTS: www.belowtopsecret.com... I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Maybe he means the main abovetopsecret.com page, which is a bit cluttered...I think lots of people (I know I did) used the top 15 or 20 or however many active threads were listed on the main page. Now it's harder to sort through to see which topic looks interesting. That's the only thing I really missed when the layout was changed.

edit: actually those are available at www.abovetopsecret.com... it was still nice to have the top 10 or so on the main page, but no big deal.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Over and over again, it seems as though people are unaware of the Recent Posts link in the board menu bar above. Does this need to be bigger? While "recent posts" is a feature of nearly every online discussion board, it seems as though people are not noticing this function of ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Make recent posts bigger since it improves the functionality of ATS Perhaps just in all caps?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I use a bookmarked recent pages to visit ats,...it seems easier to go immediatly to the recent topics.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
I don't know about anyone else, but I personally liked the original look to the msg board front page rather than what it's been changed to now.

mir, your back!
Blessings

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've always wished the recent posts thingy on the left was configurable, so we could choose how many to have appear. I've always wanted it about twice the size it currently is. I find the page of recent posts to be to lengthy, while the recent posts box is snappy and quick to use.

$0.02

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I've always wished the recent posts thingy on the left was configurable, so we could choose how many to have appear. I've always wanted it about twice the size it currently is. I find the page of recent posts to be to lengthy, while the recent posts box is snappy and quick to use.

$0.02

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Zzub]

You don't mean something like this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Lol, no

Although I'd like the "recent posts" thingy to be on my 'MyATS" page too.

Point being that the home page of the forum only lists 15 entries. I'd like there to be 25. If you don't look at the main page for 10 minutes, the posts are all new, and you have to hunt further to check you aren't missing anything. I like the ease of having that little box on the homepage without having to hunt for new posts.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What might be cool is alittle _javascript pop up that listed new posts in selected forums. It might update every 4 minuites or so.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nope, sorry, I can't say I'm that Hamilton. I'm just another of the 2 billion Hamilton's out there

I'm not sure if I explained the page I was talking about well enough. Basically, if you type in abovetopsecret.com, it was changed from how it used to be (or maybe I my bookmark got redirected to this new version? I'm not sure). Before it would have the color links of the new msg board msgs, rather than the more bland gray boxes of each msg board. I just liked the old version better myself. I have found that I can just bookmark the forums homepage directly, so I guess I'll do that.

At worst, I think it would be nice to make it so you can click the title of the msg board in the little gray boxes to go to that part of the website. Also it would be nice that when you click the msgs in those little boxes, that a new window would open for each msg you click, rather than it just open up one window, and if you click another msg it opens up in the same window.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Read back thru a few more msgs. Yes, Shoktek explained it better. The page that was linked tho, that has the most recent msgs posted, it doesn't have the updated news stories of the day on that same page
Maybe I'm just picky, but figured this was a place to post your opinion so I just wanted to let whoever know. I just liked the original front page, it was more colorful and less bland, easier to navigate to where you wanted to, and it seemed to have all the information on that one page whereas now it seems like I have to visit at least two pages to get the same features.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yeah i agree can we please go back to then way it was before.....completely revamping the entire layout was a bad idea. The way it was before was great, it was one of the main reasons I enjoyed spending time here, it was easy to use and easy to navigate...now all you've done is make it harder to find things you want and harder to get where you want to go....please go back to the old way

top topics

join