It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on controversial mosque near Ground Zero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i am curious, i was reading in a previous topic that they already had 2 Mosques that are closer to the ground zero area,
what are they going to do about those two, demolish it since those two are symbols of alquida and the terrorist attacks on the US

anyhow give me enough money and i would do it
while waving my middle finger are at the hardheads, as mentioned before only fools turn down jobs in this climate

[edit on 20-8-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Their daily bread and circus of fear and anger, served up piping hot and full of rage.

Yessir. This might intrigue/disturb you as well as it did me.. while we're on the topic of our Roman society and way of life..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What is it about Holy Roman Church that tricks people into thinking it is anything other than the inverted sword of Rome's conquest? I've always been curious.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is very rightful and I was expecting more, when our government and its happy kiss butt measures are going to take the hint that, you don't sell fighting terrorism and Islamic extremist after a terrible attack on our soil in order to pursue a war agenda at the expenses of American soldiers for profit gains and then come around and try to crap on the same Americans that support the wars, because political correctness, this is America and the last time I check we are still fighting two wars against Islamic extremist because 9/11 and even while preaching tolerance we are still majority Christians.

While I don't give a darn about whatever denomination of house of worship is build anywhere I have to side with any American that now goes against this moronic idea of building a Mosque around the 9/11 site, specially anybody that lost family members in that tragic day.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Don't worry America capitalistic system is very good at giving away hundreds of thousand of work visas to foreigners a year to take over America work force, I am sure that most of the workers will come from extremist Islamic countries to build the darn Mosque because American rightfull citizens are taking a stand.
Against hypocrisy. . .

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree completely. They will build it in the end but not before the threat not to and stoppage of any work. This will then give the Unions and the Five Families the upper hand in bargaining for the cost to build and well those groups are driven by only 1 thing, money. Morals and convictions be damned.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just one more reason i support my countries unions

lets hope the prez doesn't intervene

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by illusive man

Don't worry America capitalistic system is very good at giving away hundreds of thousand of work visas to foreigners a year to take over America work force, I am sure that most of the workers will come from extremist Islamic countries to build the darn Mosque because American rightfull citizens are taking a stand.
Against hypocrisy. . .
IN New York?
that will be a cold day in hell..
The unions built this countries entire infrastructure..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is an obvious opportunity to demonstrate that illegal immigrants only take the jobs that American citizens don't want to do.

So the Muslims can hire illegals to get their work done.

Perhaps they can smuggle in a few boatload of undocumented Somalia immigrants.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

why look that far?
bring in the mexicons and cubans

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
I say let'em build the stupid thing....just don't go to the press whining about how it's being bombed and you're having to RE-build it every year!

They're imploring the government for permission to build this thing...

Do they live in the White House or something...NO.

They live among the American PEOPLE, it's the People's blessing you need, not the government's. WE'RE the ones these people have to live with!! And WE don't want your Mosque built right at the place where Muslim extremists slaughtered thousands of innocent lives.

Plain & Simple...

Are you for real??? THEY ARE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
They are therefore allowed, and have the protected right to purchase private property.
They are therefore allowed, and have the protected right to practice religion.
They are therefore allowed, and have the protected right to free speech.

You are not allowed, and do not have any right to bomb, burn, destroy, disfigure or defile private property.

You do not speak like an American, your thoughts are un-American, you are an abomination to the constitution and should be ashamed of yourself.

And this center is not on WTC grounds, it is a few city blocks away.

Get real and wake up to the fact that this community center/mosque is a NON-ISSUE and it only news to divide the population before November elections. YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY THIS "STORY".

[edit on 20-8-2010 by nydsdan]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Why doesn't someone just tell them the truth? That it's NOT A MOSQUE?

Because it isn't. The proposed building is a community center.

Oh and that location?

It isn't at 'ground zero' but almost 5 city blocks away...

BACK TO WORK BOYS AND GIRLS!

peace

I've thought of an interesting parallel.

Recall all the people here (mostly liberals) that used to post "I support the troops, but am against the war"?

Well, now we have a bunch of people (mostly conservatives) posting "I support the constitution, but am against the mosque".

Hmmm.

Carry on ...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Why doesn't someone just tell them the truth? That it's NOT A MOSQUE?

Because it isn't. The proposed building is a community center.

Oh and that location?

It isn't at 'ground zero' but almost 5 city blocks away...

BACK TO WORK BOYS AND GIRLS!

peace

Is that what your Imam told you??

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRTMG
The mentality here is quite shocking and sad. I really am shocked to see that some Americans can't differentiate between extremism and moderate Muslims.

They cannot.

If an extremist Christian blew up a building they'd have no problem building a church nearby, or finding a cross-shaped piece of wreckage and calling it a miracle from a Christian God.

The fact is, there is already a Mosque in the area and this new one would be three blocks away in a community center so I don't get the "sacred ground" nonsense that requires no Mosque be in the area.

Too late.

FACT CHECK: Islam already lives near ground zero

WASHINGTON – A New York imam and his proposed mosque near ground zero are being demonized by political candidates — mostly Republicans — despite the fact that Islam is already very much a part of the World Trade Center neighborhood. And that Muslims pray inside the Pentagon, too, less than 80 feet from where terrorists attacked.

The center's location, in a former Burlington Coat Factory store, is already used by the cleric for worship, drawing a spillover from the imam's former main place for prayers, the al-Farah mosque. That mosque, at 245 West Broadway, is about a dozen blocks north of the World Trade Center grounds.

Yahoo news

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37d83dc1943a.jpg[/atsimg]

- Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

If so then it is better to listen to him than to Rupert Murdoch, because his employees have mixed up way too many minds.

It's to be built inside a community center at 45-51 Park Place. It's close to three blocks away from the edge of the entire site and six normal lower Manhattan blocks from the North Tower itself.

It is CERTAINLY not on "ground zero" by any stretch.

How can anyone think this is ground zero astounds me and once again embarrasses America in the eyes of the international community.

Anyone that can read a map can see that, but instead people just get their facts spoon fed to them from the far-right loonies with no concept of the word.

Google the location and check out the map if you have trouble dealing with reality.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You are talking about Fla. which is a 'right to work' state almost devoid of union membership. I'm talking about NYC probably the largest union city in the USA and there is a BIG difference. The unions in NYC work together and the use of Mexicans or any other workers would cause untold problems for the contractor that tried to make use of the non-union work force. The delays in delivery and lost or wrong content delivered and other ways to throw monkey wrenches into their plans would drive the cost of this endeavor to extreme over runs. They'd have to keep the plans (blue prints) of under lock and key because they would disappear or be changed over night and no one would be the wiser for days. I've seen this done so it's not just conjecture!

Zindo

I totally agree. I work in the construction trades, and I know how these things go. The unions aren't as powerful as they once were, mainly due to illegal immigration (but thats a whole other matter!), but they are still powerful enough to resort to mafia-esque style tactics to literally sabotage whatever goes on that they dont agree with.

Dont be surprised if they ship in outside help, and proceed as planned and the whole thing magically burns down or blows up. Just like a guy who installs car stereos for a living, can just as easily steal one, a guy who builds things for a living will just as easily (if not more) tear it down!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by whywhynot

Anyone that can read a map can see that, but instead people just get their facts spoon fed to them from the far-right loonies with no concept of the word.

Google the location and check out the map if you have trouble dealing with reality.

- Lee

Its interesting to me how people on this site love to slam a political group they oppose, at every chance they get, despite the fact that this has to do with construction workers. Not a political party!

Now then, someone such as yourself who is clearly capable of reading a map, should also be able to read the news correct? As of late, left wing and right wing news groups have been making a big deal over this whole thing. AP (Associated Press) which is arguably the most quoted/syndicated/powerful news source in the world even used the term "ground zero mosque" so many times, that they were slapped with a gag order. And THEY were a left leaning news group (as most are)

So clearly you are correct in saying that people are only assuming this is going to be built on the very spot that the WTC once stood only because every god damned news source has been making it head line news.

Personally, I dont care what religion you worship or what building you want to build. But, the people have a right to voice their opinions and take a stance, and since this current administration seems so concerned with peoples "feelings" maybe they should at the very least take the mood of the people who reside in Manhattan as an indicator of whether this is a worthy cause or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's amazing how any group decided upon by the U.S. can be turned upon so easily without many recognizing it.

Why is this EVEN AN ISSUE?

IF THERE WAS ALREADY A MOSQUE BEFORE THEN THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED WAS 9/11. So that means it didn't matter until EXTREMISTS DID THEIR ATTACKS.WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? IT MEANS YOU DIDN'T CARE. Now the only reason you care is because of that attack and you have been listening to this PROPAGANDA AGAINST NOT ONLY THIS GROUP BUT THE ENTIRE RELIGION THEY THINK THEY FOLLOW JUST BECAUSE OF IT.

And what happened?

You were "enlightened" about not only the group. But the even the religion they are doing it in the name of.

[sarcasm] But NOOOOOOOOOO YOU ARE NOT BIASED AT ALL AREN'T YOU?@:[/sarcasm]

Just face it you are as biased as I am in this situation.:@

And that's if you believe the official story.
Rant over!

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
But, the people have a right to voice their opinions and take a stance, and since this current administration seems so concerned with peoples "feelings" maybe they should at the very least take the mood of the people who reside in Manhattan as an indicator of whether this is a worthy cause or not.

And the people in Manhattan support the project.

The last poll I saw, 46% of Manhattan voters support the Park51/Cordoba project, 36% oppose it. And there was no differentiation between general opposition (i.e., I don't like the idea) and real opposition (I think they shouldn't be able to build it).

The proposal got the support of the Community Board for the neighborhood where it will be built 29 to one.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
bump up the price and i'll do it, a job is a job in these times, if you don't do it somebody else will, you're turning down bussiness when you cant afford to, even if i have to hide my face i'll do it, might be worth investing in a bhurka.. hmmmm

Having to hide within islam, doing work for islam requested by islam in a country that is not islamic.

Nahhh, it's freedom.. right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join