It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everyone gave just one dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am imploring you to give just one dollar a week or a month.

You would stop a child starving to death.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Could you give an example of how giving a dollar will do such a thing? I've always wondered about these charities, Do you have any data we can look at and see how what you say could be true?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
and if a family dosnt have work and starves why should they give money to other people,when they will die themselfs?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If everybody gave 1 dollar, then a lot of con artists, criminals, government workers etc would be getting a lot richer while the people the money is supposed to help get the bare minimum if they are lucky.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Do you give a dollar or a ff?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
While this is a great idea, its not going to happen, & if we did, it still wouldnt work.

It is in the financial records of these charity groups (no, not all of them) that some 90% of donations go to operational costs & advertising. Then you have the people they pay, yes pay, theres organisations (hired by the NGO's) who hire people for this activity alone.

I gave money after the boxing day tsunami, not a lot but nothing to sneeze at either. In just 12 months I received enough junk mail from them to match my donation, & they have only just got the hint now that they arent getting more from me, maybe because I moved.

If you can suggest an Honest aid group that gives 90%+ of donations to where I intend my money to go to, I'll consider it, but most just waste &/or invest the money on the stock market & advertising.

I would much rather go there & do something in person than give to people who just waste it on promotion. Before you tell me to go, if I could afford it I would, I volunteer closer to home. You find someone to pay my travel costs, Im there.

I dont wish to demean your intent, but people have given & given & seen not a thing come from it. Your intent is good & noble, it just wont work until the NGO's stop the waste & put our money to real work. Spending it on trying to solicit more money from me just annoyed me more with each letter.

top topics

join