It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pilliga Lights & Creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Never heard of this place or it's related phenomena before today, did a search for it on ATS with no results so I thought I'd share. The Pilliga national park is a large forest area in New South Wales, Australia with a remote highway cutting through it. It's apparently well known to truckers in Oz many of whom have stories of bizarre and sometimes terrifying things happening to them while travelling along the road in the area. Reports include 'min-min lights' sightings, electrical disturbance and even physical attacks by unseen and seen 'creatures'.

"On a late night-early morning Australian radio programme called ‘Overnights‘ (2am – 6am), they held a few special nights dedicated to stories from the Pilliga region. Listeners could call the station and tell their Pilliga stories on the air. On that night, the radio station had two of their people in the Pilliga Scrub reporting live by satellite phone. At one point, the connection dropped and the signal wasn’t restored for some time. When it finally returned, the reporters were OK and the cut signal was unexplained.

During the programme, one caller who identified himself as “Bongo” told a harrowing story of the night he endured in the Pilliga way back in 1978. The ordeal he endured that night affected him in such a terrible way that, to this day, he remains in psychiatric care.

The recording of Bongo’s call is freely available from the radio station’s website, so I’ve put it on the Flash timeline with a play button."

You can hear Bongo's chilling tale by clicking the link below...

bitey.com...
bitey.com...
Min Min Lights

Who or what did Bongo encounter (if anything)? Australian bigfoot?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Man, this is really intriguing... I've never heard of this before, and the interview with Bongo is riveting.. He sounds terrified retelling that story. The way he loses his composure, and starts stuttering convincing me he was really shaken up by this event. Amazing story. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of us at ATS. Unbelievable story... Nice work, thanks.

Oh, and I appreciate the way you included the audio, that's great.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 80r0m1r

Hi,

As posted above - many thanks for this thread - I've never heard of the Pilliga phenomena before.

Doubtless professional truck drivers are more experienced than I but when much younger I used to drive from Sydney to Griffith (south west of Sydney) at night. One thing I did find was that after a while following the white and red reflector markers picked out by the headlights I started to hallucinate - and no, I wasn't under the influence of illegal substances. I guess it was a combination of tiredness, the ghost gums being illumiated by the headlights and the complete surrounding darkness.

Regarding Bongo - he sure sounded convincing - would be great if someone could locate the 'Happy Days Stay Retreat' - I just tried on Google but with no success.

But thanks again.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay, my lights are off, it's night time and I am alone so I will not listen to Bongo until tomorrow! Can't wait... sounds so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi folks, no disrespect meant here, but the correct spelling of the region is Pillaga. The Pillaga State Forest is located along the Newell Highway between Coonabarabran (southern end) and Narrabri (northern end). The 'creatures' are known as 'Yowie' or 'The Yowie'.
I myself am an interstate truck driver who uses the Newell frequently as it is the most commonly used transport route between Brisbane - Melbourne, and I can assure you that there are many stories about this region, and many truck drivers just will not stop in rest areas along this stretch of road. I don't have a problem stopping in the rest areas during the day, but I personally will not even drive through the Pillaga at night, preferring instead to stop at the Shell truck stop in Narrabri and wait until morning. Even though nothing has happened to me along there, it really is a scary place in darkness.
Another story from the region is about the 'Pillaga Princess'. She apparently was an old bag lady with snow white hair who used to push her shopping trolley along the highway, a somewhat dangerous feat in itself as there is very little shoulder outside of the traffic lanes (the road is single lane each way). One night back in 1993, not surprisingly, a truck driver didn't see her in time walking along the road in the darkness and hit her, killing her. According to his story, the last thing he saw was the Pillaga Princess running at his truck, arms outstretched, and a crazed, gleeful expression on her face. But here's the thing.. people still see the Pillaga Princess walking along the Newell Highway at night right up until this very day. They say she still pushes her trolley along, and I've even heard of drivers who swear they have hit the trolley, only to get out to look and find there is nothing there.
Like I said, it's a scary place at night.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i dont have the ability right now to listen to the story, can anyone post a description of the creature?>

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 9-4-2011 by esqONE because: double post

top topics

join