It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is humanity going to survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
How is humanity going to survive when we all hate each other and have wars all the time?

If we cannot cling together - as a species - we are over.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I for one don't hate anybody.

It's my Goverment that seems to hate...

So please don't speak for me!!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don't advocate war or anything but I think eventually one race, group or nation will bring the rest of the world to submission and bring order. Either that or nuclear holocaust

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Humanity survived for a couple of a thousand, hundred-thousand years.
What makes you think, that now suddenly humanity won't survive any longer? We survived everything and so much crap, nothing's gonna stop us

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Recipe for humanities survival:

Live
procreate
repeat as necessary

That aside, if it all were to end right this moment, odds are that 99.999999 percent of us, or less, would have no control of it at all anyway. So why dwell?

With regard to how we are taking care of our planet, though, the operative question we need to be asking is

What if humanity continues to survive because we are jacking this floating rock up fast!

[edit on 8/20/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

An asteroid will
Thus to ensure the presence of humans in the universe, we have to populate other worlds. Diversity = survival.

To come this far however we need to cooperate more than we do today. I don't believe one nation brining all others to submission is the answer. Nations bringing others to submission have not been a recipe for stability and peace, anybody checking a history book will see that.

Instead, nations trying to bring others into submission tend to collapse and bring harm to both their selves and the victims of their hunger for resources and territory. This also retards the development of the human species and our chances to live forever among the stars.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

To come this far however we need to cooperate more than we do today. I don't believe one nation brining all others to submission is the answer. Nations bringing others to submission have not been a recipe for stability and peace, anybody checking a history book will see that.

Because no nation has ever had the means to do this but with globalization I reckon in the next couple centuries it could come about where one group of people can rule over nearly everyone else on the planet. Im not saying it would be a peaceful or stable world by any means just one where mass subjegation is possible.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
you're right, i do hate everyone, and they all hate me too. how are we going to survive you shay....we're not going to survive.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would suggest that the world is more peaceful today than it has ever been and I think the trend is for less conflict and a general improvement in people's situations.

I think you should be more optimistic.

Regards

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We'll find a way, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Humanity survived for a couple of a thousand, hundred-thousand years.

Humanity or the social structure of what we self-describe as being human hasn’t been around for hundreds of thousands of years, oldest organized culture we know of is probably the Sumerians, and we think they were around 4000 B.C.

Originally posted by paraphi
I would suggest that the world is more peaceful today than it has ever been and I think the trend is for less conflict and a general improvement in people's situations.
I think you should be more optimistic.

I must confess I envy optimistic people, being an historian I really have to work at being more optimistic. However, the frequency of war has been increasing with the incrementally increase in population, not to mention the number of people murdered in the world every second. In addition, since around 1870 the frequencies of wars occurring in the world have dramatically increased compared to thousands of years prior. Most historians contribute this to many different reasons, just a few examples, the increase in the technology to create war machines, increase in transportation, increase in communication, and the effects of maritime colonialism upon third world nations.

So much of modern day humanity still resembles the same primitive tribal moralities of thousands of years ago, when whoever was the strongest, cleverest person in the village he or she ruled the area. I think until humanity shrugs off its ancient customs and traditions, while truly embracing a new paradigm of existence we are doomed in creating our own extinction. But I don't think humanity has the capacity for that kind of change. TPTB have segmented the world’s societies along cultural, religious, and economic lines so much no one can agree on anything these days, too many people think their philosophy of life somehow trumps the other, with unmoving discourse and disagreement. Who knows though? Hopefully I am totally wrong, I have two lovely grandchildren, which helps me with my struggle to be optimistic, maybe their generation will be able to fix all the blunders of ours?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
war is a disease. it infects and kills its victim. but like disease war can be cured. but no matter what happens human kind and stirit has always and will always survive so buck up freind

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmosGraber
Humanity or the social structure of what we self-describe as being human hasn’t been around for hundreds of thousands of years, oldest organized culture we know of is probably the Sumerians, and we think they were around 4000 B.C.

You mean civilisation? And that's likely irrelevant; people have always been people, more or less, and wars have always gone on.

I must confess I envy optimistic people, being an historian I really have to work at being more optimistic. However, the frequency of war has been increasing with the incrementally increase in population, not to mention the number of people murdered in the world every second. In addition, since around 1870 the frequencies of wars occurring in the world have dramatically increased compared to thousands of years prior. Most historians contribute this to many different reasons, just a few examples, the increase in the technology to create war machines, increase in transportation, increase in communication, and the effects of maritime colonialism upon third world nations.

Some studies actually suggest that Humanity is getting more peaceful as time goes on:

www.youtube.com...

So much of modern day humanity still resembles the same primitive tribal moralities of thousands of years ago, when whoever was the strongest, cleverest person in the village he or she ruled the area. I think until humanity shrugs off its ancient customs and traditions, while truly embracing a new paradigm of existence we are doomed in creating our own extinction.

It'll happen sooner or later. In the meantime I doubt we'll see an extinction of the Human race- there's no profit to be had from the dead.

But I don't think humanity has the capacity for that kind of change.

Sure it does, just not all in one go.

TPTB have segmented the world’s societies along cultural, religious, and economic lines so much no one can agree on anything these days, too many people think their philosophy of life somehow trumps the other, with unmoving discourse and disagreement. Who knows though? Hopefully I am totally wrong, I have two lovely grandchildren, which helps me with my struggle to be optimistic, maybe their generation will be able to fix all the blunders of ours?

You can be sure that if they do they'll make a whole new set of mistakes themselves. That's just Human nature.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We will survive when we all have an upgrade in conscience.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We will survive when we all have an upgrade in conscience.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

is surviving part of our agenda? is survival the priority? survive what?

maybe we will survive, maybe we are meant to do more than just survive. maybe survival is over-rated.

if we will survive, will our technological deviced find a way to traverse time and let us know we survive? will our future sneak up from behind us?

it is the conflicts within, the unresolved internal logics that people refuse to address and conform with within their own selves that get projected out into our shared reality so we can deal with them out here, and on our main stream media, rather than find resolution within first, i think.

that which we do not resolve internally gets projected out onto our shared reality. surviving everyones' collective fears and hates and mandatory expectations (laws) cause us to conform with the number of laws that no one member of society can learn in one lifetime. so survival may not be key to anything significant whatsoever, impo.

survival is over-rated. the instinct of "self pre-serve" or selfeshness first before serving anyone or anything is not surviving, rather the opposite in some circumstances, imo.

-et

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
we as the thinking, talking ape, will continue, if there is one of us left, then we will continue, that is the missing link, if we are both put to death then so be it, the next race of ape will take our place, then they can say what is the missing link.

new topics

top topics

join