It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derivatives monster near $1,500 Trillion USD ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Because derivatives are so unregulated, nobody knows for certain exactly what the total value of all the derivatives worldwide is, but low estimates put it around 600 trillion dollars and high estimates put it at around 1.5 quadrillion dollars.

How this ponzi scheme was bribed into existence:

theinternationalforecaster.com...

The bad news is that most of this has not yet unspooled and is hanging
like a sword of Damocles until they are ready to drop the blade.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

how much is one derivative worth? or does that depend upon the average of all derivatives?

i can't wait for money to go extinct.
i wonder how much money that will cost us, though?

S&F & Thanks,
et

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

SandF
Bob Chapman knows the score...he gives good regular interviews on various Genesis radio shows every week...as does Max Kaiser (has his own show there), Joel Skousen, Gerald Celente and others...

The bankers can't mark to market the value of that junk or it is all over..how do they get away with ficticious valuation?
How long can they hide the true values from the books?
as the Housing and Credit markets continue to tank while quantitive easing hasn't worked, how long till the financial system collapses..."
I'd pay close attention to what Chapman says...

IMHO of course
but he isn't the only source sayng get the heck out of the market NOW,
and that in the US anyway, they have it fixed to steal the pensions now too so look out for that...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Money, Schmoney! The derivatives don't matter and I'll tell you why. We have this giant military industrial complex and space weapons for a reason. The military calls it "Full Spectrum Dominance" which a pleasant way of saying being able to target anything and anyone on the face of the earth.
Before our monetary system can collapse we will initiate world war 3. At that point money won't matter much.
I see no other logical outcome.
I have grandkids. I want a bright future but as long as we continue as we have it's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

how much is one derivative worth? or does that depend upon the average of all derivatives?

i can't wait for money to go extinct.
i wonder how much money that will cost us, though?

S&F & Thanks,
et

All of the derivatives have different notional values.

There is a book out that warren buffett has been reading called
"when money dies" that is related to the Wiemar hyperinflation.

I have skimmed it, and plan to read it in full.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

For a test run they let it go full effect in Iceland and it got so
bad there the ppl went and burned government buildings.

That is the result they wanted to see.

Another test run of it was let loose in Greece and again
it turned out the way the banksters hoped for.

It will happen some more in the not to distant future.

Mr. Perkins goes over how this has been done on purpose
to many nations around the world to rip them off.

Even his boss admitted for awhile that what he says is basically true.

en.wikipedia.org...

This explains many of the 34 instances of Hyperinflation.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Money, Schmoney! The derivatives don't matter and I'll tell you why. We have this giant military industrial complex and space weapons for a reason. The military calls it "Full Spectrum Dominance" which a pleasant way of saying being able to target anything and anyone on the face of the earth.
Before our monetary system can collapse we will initiate world war 3. At that point money won't matter much.
I see no other logical outcome.
I have grandkids. I want a bright future but as long as we continue as we have it's not going to happen.

Normally you'd be right, but if you look and see this has been
used a tool before right here in the US.

They called them the robber barons for a reason.

First you collapse the economy and make the ppl suffer and
then when they are really at bottom you go around and offer
to buy everything up for pennies on the dollar.

Look back thru history and you will see how this game has been
played before right here in the US.

Even US senators called them on it and then were killed for it.

Such as Mc Fadden.

McFadden is also remembered for his criticism of the Federal Reserve, which he claimed was created and operated by European banking interests who conspired to economically control the United States. On June 10, 1932, McFadden made a 25-minute speech before the House of Representatives[2] , in which he accused the Federal Reserve of deliberately causing the Great Depression. McFadden also claimed that Wall Street bankers funded the Bolshevik Revolution through the Federal Reserve banks and the European central banks with which it cooperated. McFadden moved to impeach President Herbert Hoover in 1932, and also introduced a resolution bringing conspiracy charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. The impeachment resolution was defeated by a vote of 361 to 8; it was seen as a big vote of confidence to President Hoover from the House.[3]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yep ExMT
I see you have done your home work...
Chapman was on Jones today, as he is on most Fridays, and he was saying that Greece is the model for the implosion, Perkins style, of the US economy...
thnx for the Perkins video I hadn't seen that before though I have heard him in interviews.

While Skousan was on Jones the other day, was saying he expects a slow wind down punctuated by a first strike on the US, which the US has been designed to loose...then the set up of Chine to replace Russia as the new bogey man...he said that the US has been giving Russia a by on things that the US could not possible know the intent of, like certain installations and the like...

Chapman and Perkins though, have a better track record of predicting though...Skousen's Uncle wrote the naked communist which exposed the capitalists behind communism and Hitler too....in the 60s

I think they are going to bring us War to cover the criminality of the collapse, one way or another, and I would guess the powers that be wish to use the continuity of government, and the continuity of banking acts to preserve their hold on things for afterward....

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
And Now We're Headed For The GREATEST Depression, Says Gerald Celente
finance.yahoo.com...

The fake "recovery" was nice while it lasted, says famous apocalyptic forecaster Gerald Celente, founder of the Trends Research Institute. But now the fun's over, and we're headed for what Celente describes as the "Greatest Depression."

Specifically, the always startling Celente says the country is headed for rising unemployment, poverty, and violent class warfare as the government efforts to keep the economy going begin to fail.

Gerald on a roll
second line

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

top topics

join