It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we brainwashed to support the military?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I mean, I think anyone who believes they are putting their life on the line to protect their fellow human being, is a hero, but, is that REALLY what our military in the US does? Does any military really do that? Or are they fighting to make a few people rich?

Do the elites promote military respect and honor so we continue to fight their wars? I do think we should respect our vets etc, but not because of their mission, but because of what they have gone through as a result of what is really a huge scam.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sometimes I watch the BBC and think it is a recruiting tool for the Army. Many programmes about the heroics and bravery of our soldiers in Afghanistan. Get Prince Harry in there, do a little feature on him in Afghanistan all promotes the Army IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

I enlisted because I wanted to serve America before I lived there. I figured that if I was going to be an American that I should I fight in defense of the Constitution of the USA. It only seemed to fair.

Now, after enlisting and seeing what when on with the Iraq ordeal, I was not pleased. I didn't enlist to play world police. But I didn't have a choice. I swore an oath and the officers appointed over me wanted dead Iraqis.

Now, understandably, civilians have a problem with this. Well, so do I. Here is the critical difference between me and them though. They have a choice, I don't. I can't go storming the White House lawn in protest if I have to be shipped out to fight. I can't be of any use to anyone when they have me locked up in Levinworth for the rest of my life for breaking my oath. And, I can't organize a group of like-minded personnel to mutiny against our Commander and Chief with out that being treason.

So, what options are left? Well, they aren't pretty. Not because they're violent but, because they all end up with the voting population taking responsibility for allowing this war to take place in the first place and allowing it to continue for so long.

That's why people like to blame me and others who have served. They don't want to take responsibility for their inaction.

So to answer your question; not everyone can do what I did, but for better or worse, I did it for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I enlisted because I wanted to serve America before I lived there. I figured that if I was going to be an American that I should I fight in defense of the Constitution of the USA. It only seemed to fair.

Now, after enlisting and seeing what when on with the Iraq ordeal, I was not pleased. I didn't enlist to play world police. But I didn't have a choice. I swore an oath and the officers appointed over me wanted dead Iraqis.

Now, understandably, civilians have a problem with this. Well, so do I. Here is the critical difference between me and them though. They have a choice, I don't. I can't go storming the White House lawn in protest if I have to be shipped out to fight. I can't be of any use to anyone when they have me locked up in Levinworth for the rest of my life for breaking my oath. And, I can't organize a group of like-minded personnel to mutiny against our Commander and Chief with out that being treason.

So, what options are left? Well, they aren't pretty. Not because they're violent but, because they all end up with the voting population taking responsibility for allowing this war to take place in the first place and allowing it to continue for so long.

That's why people like to blame me and others who have served. They don't want to take responsibility for their inaction.

So to answer your question; not everyone can do what I did, but for better or worse, I did it for you.

Would it make sense if I thanked you for your care for me and people like myself, but that I oppose the mission itself and find it tragic that you were really risking your life for the wrong reason and didn't even realize at first?

Mod Note: Removed unnecessary quote of the entire post immediately above and replaced with "Reply to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Not only make sense but I would hope for that reaction!

The whole damned thing is terrible. I am not a huge believer in Nation Building, but none of this is going to stop until people make demands and hold TPTB accountable for acting in our name.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i respect and appreciate the work of a soldier serving his/her country but don't like the politicians who put them in danger for the wrong reasons.
when will all the wars end? probably when theres only 1 man left alive.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Whether it's a conspiracy or just coincidence we're all getting hit with the nonsensical pride that eventually leads to cheerleading when your government bombs a village.

It's at every school pep-rally. Every little league game. Every sporting event minor or major.

At the root of it why am I supposed to have some inante pride in my school? My address put me here. Is this school really better than that other one we're apparently rivals with? Can anyone give me a reason other than "just heecause?"

Same thing with adults as major league sports fans. 99.9% of the time your a fan based on nothing more than geography. What's the value in that?

So when your country which you've been programmer to have pride in for no other reason than this is where you live bombs a village you cheer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Can anyone give me a reason other than "just heecause?"

I can. The answer is the very reason why I came to this country in the first place: No other nation on this planet that I am aware of has a constitution that allows so many personal liberties and would take me.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The OP post touchs on an interesting point and there are two issues here.

What our Government gives as tasks/orders to a military and those who have have signed up to sign as their job or career.

The question of the orders given by our Governments has and will continue to be discussed, not only on ATS but round the world.

Should we support our military? We should support those who have made the choice to sign up and then are following orders that are issued by our Governments. After all, we have had a hand in electing those Governments so we must accept the decisions that make.

I think the choice of words here is important. Do I support our military? As a collective unit, no but I support those men and women who by their actions are willing to fight, and if people have to be brainwashed into supporting those who fight for us, then it is a good thing as no one should forget what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by AdAbsurdum

So what does that constitution and those personal liberties have to do with bombing people in caves?

I can be glad I have that piece of paper slightly slowing down the federal decent into total tyranny but that isn't all inclusive of cheering on every fool thing the fed does. In fact I can't remember the last thing the fed did that I was "proud" of.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Troops are ignorant who would serve "for freedom" in any NATO army? Was there any war after WWII when they fought for liberty maybe Vietnam or maybe Iraq or Korea . I don't know about that.

But brainwashing people to support army is very likely but i don't think there are needed subliminal messages and that kind of stuff . They just need to have old good ignorant people who believes that God is on their side because he likes killing of thousands innocent Muslims and few terrorist and i almost forget to say that president thinks it is right thing to do so it must be.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Absolutely nothing best I can tell. I also agree with the comment about the fed. But the ideology behind the choice I made still stands for better or worse.

Mod Note: Replaced large quote and replaced with "Replay to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
dp

[edit on 20-8-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

So you believe people need to be brain washed into supporting their Armies? Surely people can make up their own minds, without a concerted media effort to promote and glorify the armed services?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Some of us are.

Meanwhile. I find myself at odds with my friends who never went to war. They pretty much consider me as a moron. lol

They're gung ho, though. lol lol

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yes thorough fear. 19872012 You've hit the nail squarely on the head. Congrads, you're beginning to see the picture. War is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I didn't read your location but this "mind conditioning is world wide".

First it was the "Russian Communists", then National Security brought about (in my humble opinion-by a false flag operation, 911, that took us into a war that has gone on for nine years, against "The Muslims", next it will be North Korea and eventually a invasion from space (Google Carol Rosin speech).

Notice how the puppet masters always have to throw something / soomeone to fear up at us, a threat?

Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose - Joseph Paul Goebbels, quotes about Nazi

Hermann Goering, quotes about Nazi:
Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. - - Hermann Goering

Now, go out and realy research who the many companies and people who own those companies are that have gain all that money poured into "the war machine".

If we (America) had taken that blood money and spent it on education and social programs for our children (like no key latch kids), clothing, food and shelter for our homeless, jobless and elderly, etc imagine how much better off we would have been.

Our youth are are legacy to our entire species and look how many kids are raising themselves (look at the hot top post on CHAVS).

Our youth are poorly educated and left to fend for themselves and that is exactly how TPTB want it.

Most people don't learn from past historical mistakes. They keep voting in (as if our votes count) and going along with corrupt leaders bent on the majority of the "useless eaters" total annihilation.

People don't make up their own minds, that's a laugh, they are played like a violin with media and also now through mind conditioning via "waves".

Start researching mind control.

What began in the 30's & 40's as "wire hook ups and drug therepy" has now progressed to wireless, wave tech.

And it is systematically being used via TV, HAARP, Cell Towers and a host of other avenues.

Just simply RESEARCH deeply this one subject before any of you out there flame me.

Think your thoughts are your own.....................guess again.

TV commercials are another avenue, Come join us and be all you can be, is BS. Pure BS.

Yes, let's shoot, maime, kill and invade other countries.

Look at my post on the many faces of war.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/368484c094d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, for one seecond, imagine that was your dead baby you were holding in your arms.

Yes this is a rant.

When in sam heck will the majority of you idiots (and anyone that supports war in my book is an idiot) grow up?

War is wrong.

And people keep just allowing themselves to be manipulated time and time and time again into it via fear.

Starred and flagged.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yep.

Somehow, people have it in their heads that you can support the troops but not the war. I believe it's impossible to separate both.

Not to mention army wives and girlfriends that cry when their loved ones come home in body bags decorated like U.S flags.

This country has no balls left because instead of working harder to end both wars sooner, people just sat back and waved their little flags and chased down/berated anyone who dare question their troops.

Rag on them all you want but at least the hippies were able to somehow influence the decision to pull out of Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

yes, i think we are socially engineered ("brainwashed") to support our military. it's starts at a young age, with holidays military related, and continues throughout the school years, promoting physical competition, pledging allegiance at an early age, like a solemn vow/oath at a childhood age.

yes, we have been socially engineered by ..... agenda(s), priorities, intentions, of ..... someone(s)?

two random thoughts:
have a thought, or at least try thinking about it.
i wonder how much it costs to make money go extinct?

S&F,
et

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just blame voters for these wars?

YOU signed up to fight and you're blaming ordinary citizens? That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen a soldier post on here.

Sure, if you sign up, they'll pay for college but you can also pay for college with loans, grants and scholarships.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who signs up and then whines that they don't have a choice. They had a choice and they squandered it. Too [snip] bad!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I don't appreciate being called an idiot, but you are entitled to your opinion. War is hell. However, if the whole FEMA death camp scenario plays out you are just going to go willingly? I'm not. I'll be putting those skills honed and perfected from years of military service to good work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join