It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret KGB UFO Files: The Russia Crash of 1969

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have always been interested in this case since I first read about it and saw the photos about 5 years ago I think it was. Anyway, you've changed the way I look at it now. I never noticed the flat edge on photo 2. It totally looks like a flat made prop and they just shoveled snow and debris around it. Dam. I have always wanted this one to be the real deal. You can't just disregard that find though. That is clearly an odd shaped top or bottom piece that conveniently sits flush against the ground after the crash? I don't think so. Great job!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Frakkerface
What do you think the Russian government could get out of this? Keep in mind how many rumours there are about USA and alien technology.
I don't know that the Russian government was involved??

I don't know either but that's not my point, it benefits them politically in the same way the US government benefits from all the stories that surround it and ufos/alien technology.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
IMHO it's most definitely fake (and was indeed discussed on ATS years ago).

That's an view based upon (I suggest) wrong information. You gave no links to prove that your information is correct, so it remains your opinion.

The soldiers and officers in the film are in infantry uniform (not the KGB as the title would suggest), I can tell that by the color of their strips.

An expert on uniforms verified in the film that the uniforms were authentic. Was he, too, part of the hoax? That's hard to believe.

The way they "establish the perimeter" is entirely fake. They crowd the front area of the alleged craft and don't cover the rear of it.

Ridiculous. They don't cover the rear because it is dense forest, so no one would likely come from that direction.

They point their guns towards the people doing investigation instead of surveying the outside of the area.

Oh, I suppose they should have been very experienced at handling UFO retrievals, eh?

The type of truck in the movie is rarely used for transporting personnel (although it's possible).

Not according to the expert consulted in the film.

The physical film itself is presented in a box with Russian inscriptions that don't match the type of film.

As the film was made years earlier, why should we expect it to have been presented in the very box that it was originally stored?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

What do you think the Russian government could get out of this? Keep in mind how many rumours there are about USA and alien technology.
I don't know that the Russian government was involved??

I don't know either but that's not my point, it benefits them politically in the same way the US government benefits from all the stories that surround it and ufos/alien technology.

And how does the US government benefit? If it did, it would have spend much effort to encourage belief in UFOs. Instead it has consistently denied their existence. Sorry, but your remark makes no sense at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
That is clearly an odd shaped top or bottom piece that conveniently sits flush against the ground after the crash? I don't think so. Great job!
Thanks, and sorry to destroy the case but for me as for Carl Sagan:

"Its is far better to see the world as it really is than to persist in the belief of fairy tales, however comforting they may seem." - Carl Sagan

I actually thought it was pretty interesting when I first saw it on TV, so I was a little disappointed too when I found out it's fake.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
An expert on uniforms verified in the film that the uniforms were authentic.

At one point in my life, I wore that uniform myself, and was good with the AK-47, so whatever your "expert" needs to say about it he can stick up his charlatan behind.

Much is made of the tin in which the film was obtained and how it matches the film. It doesn't! Do you read Russian? I do.

They point their guns towards the people doing investigation instead of surveying the outside of the area.

Oh, I suppose they should have been very experienced at handling UFO retrievals, eh?

They should have been experts in securing the perimeter. And... pointing a loaded gun in the direction of a person is against the books and just plain dumb.

The type of truck in the movie is rarely used for transporting personnel (although it's possible).

Not according to the expert consulted in the film.

The most commonly used truck is GAZ-66, and the one in the movie isn't it.
But as I said, that's not the deal breaker.

If you believe this dog and pony show, you'll believe anything

[edit on 20-8-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
From what I understand there are numerous problems and discrepancies with the Red Army uniforms being worn by the supposed "recovery team".

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

If you think the topic is detrimental to the US government then I'm not going to explain it to you.

Do you think that North Korea throws out claims about its nuclear capabilities for no reason? Rumours make people wonder and something denied or unknown can sometimes be more powerful than the admitted truth.

And do you think that the space program in the 60's was really about stepping on the moon and space travel in general?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Looks this thing has been half-buried for a wile, maybe the mig-ufo chase was the fake to make everything a "hoax"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join