It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensationalism VS. Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I was curious in the thought process of others, and the importance of SENSATIONALISM and process. Ive been here for quite a while and I try to contribute what I can, and I find that sometimes the thoughts and sharing of others is well spent on discussing "over the top" subjects, as opposed to understanding how it works, or how it got to this point.

I'm sure there are many of us, that get our media and information from others here, but how much do we really try to get deeper into the subject? If we discuss a current political issue, is it easier to look into the issue at hand? OR, how we got to this point?

When we discuss a religious issue, is it easier to discuss how we perceive it today? OR try to trace the discussion to the origin?

We all come here because we sense something might not be right, and that we are aware of the dangers of falling for the "norm", but how much different can the MSM be if we don't want to find out how it happened?

What if we found answers, by asking the right questions? The quick fix are for those that don't want to take the time, the time that many of us have taken to get to this point. We sometimes crave discussion that doesn't have a 1-2 step process, but a process of understanding, thinking outside the box, and understanding the diversity yet togetherness that we all share.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It is indeed tempting for an ego to try and understand what goes on in the mind of others. In my opinion, we first must understand how our own mind works. Once this is accomplished, we can then interact more easily, without being caught in the subjective approach to discussions and interaction with others. Subjectivity can cause conflicts between participants, especially if the discussion involves spiritual beliefs. For an unaware ego, conflicting beliefs can cause divisions, and these divisions may bring discord. Once we understand the game of life, and all of its implications, we can stay focused and objective for not to lose any energy.

Thanks for this very interesting topic.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I completely agree with you, once you have realized and accepted which ever truth you want, and know exactly who you are, thats great, but would people be willing to find the sometimes hidden truths, can people say, oops, I guess I didn't see that one through.

I find out things I never knew everyday, whether its something that I over looked, or even found by accident. I think its harder for some to get out of the box, or acceptability, and sometimes think in an unconventional way.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, to get out of the box is not an easy thing to do. The conditioning from the memory of the human race is very strong, as well as all the different ideologies, philosophies and societal constructs. To have an intelligent exchange, people need to be in the present of their consciousness and remain objective at all times.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think that it's a good thing if a person takes the chance to back up until the established truths begin to reveal themselves as aspects and not whole truths at all. Like a plaid that ends up being a square in a multi-pattern quilt. Backing up like that can make all the difference.

new topics

top topics

join