It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabloid Headline: Huge Rats found in England

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Huge Rats found in England

www.thesun.co.uk

A HUGE rat is held in pincers after being caught in a factory, increasing fears giant rodents are spreading across Britain.
The fat, 2ft-long animal is only slightly smaller than the 30in beast pictured in yesterday's Sun.

It was one of two massive rats killed by pest control firm Rentokil called to the Lincoln plant after the pair were seen stalking the grounds at night.

It is believed they had been feasting on food from a nearby farm.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

Read more: htt
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk

[edited title to include the information that The Sun is a tabloid newspaper]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Damn! These rats are getting bludy huge.... 30inch's and other 2 foot ones.... just take a look at them.... now what if these things are carrying a deadly disease? We've all heard of 'the plague' although whether that was fabrication or not.... but seriously if this plague comes back there's gonna be mass deaths here....

It doesn't take much to see that this co-incides with the huge over-population increase of the UK because wherever you get mass housing and more people, you will get more rubbish thus creating more rats....

Someone has reportedly said that these could have been bought in from Africa or South America but i'll hold judgement.

What i hope is that we kill these fast before more appear coz these things breed quicktime!!

Another link:

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

If you've read the book 'The Rats' then you'll know what this could turn into....

[edit on 20-8-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah rats get big very easily. They eat and they grow.

Check out these rats right here.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So why did they have to kill them? Why couldn't have they just caught them and released those living creatures into the wild?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So why did they have to kill them? Why couldn't have they just caught them and released those living creatures into the wild?

You gotta be kidding me right?
Release them into the wild?
What wild is that exactly?

They are already living in the wild... you can't have these rats running around with the diseases they carry with them....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Dare I say it... I can see this becoming some kind of kooky pet. It kind of reminds me of a cross between a cat and a chinchilla...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Yeah, i want one!

I really don't see why people are freaked out by rats so much. Apart from them carrying diseases, but that's our fault really. If we were cleaner and didn't leave so much food and crap lying about everywhere then the populations wouldn't be so high. Rats spend up to 40% of their time cleaning themselves and their friends. Can't say that about humans!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Maybe the people on that estate should cut their grass and bushes every now and then as well..

I lived in Birmingham when they dug out the old bullring - apparently it looked like a sea of rats when they dug the foundations out...

I had a visit from one in my rented flat at the time - spent several nights listening to it trying to chew through the board the landlord put over the hole. Poison eventually did for him though - he was about 18 inches long and looked huge to me, so these must be scary to see!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I like rats too! I had some pet mice, but they were smelly and antisocial... I've heard a lot of good reports about rats as pets, apparently they have the grooming habits of a cat and the loyalty of a dog... Perfect mix!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yay rats.

Did the article mention these rats doing any harm - not that I could see.

All they had been doing was looking for food, just as any other living creature would do in order to survive.

Both rats were killed, so that hardly makes them a menace to society. Large as they are for a rat, they're very small compared to human beings, so (too) easily dealt with.

It's our filth they live in, we build the sewers they inhabit for instance. Sewers that spew filth into the sea where it contaminates the waters and the sea creatures that humans eventually eat.

Rats spread disease - umm... when was the last time (or first time) anyone caught a cold, flu, measles, chickenpox, etc etc from a rat? All the things we accuse rats of we are far more guilty of ourselves. Projection, much ?

Rats will inherit the earth and good luck to them. Being so small they won't be such a drain on its resources as human beings are. Who shows the most intelligence in that department?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Oh those, I thought the title referred to the present government. I agree that these rats need to be gone as they can spread disease (I know someone who had wheelers disease) but I'd have to insist they were killed in a painless manner, if you really looked into these creatures abilities you'd gain a new found respect for them.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Hawkwind.]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I agree. Rats just react to the filth that society pumps out. Rats are intelligent and resourceful. They see an opportunity and make full use of it. That's why they are common in populated areas - readily available food and nesting material.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Im gonna go catch me a pokemon!!!!!

I choose you Rattata!

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I agree, I think if something has managed to survive that long to get that big then they should be 'thrown back'. If you kill something that so clearly has earned its right to live your a douche. They shouldve let it go somewhere in the woods.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This giant rat claim has been rubbished by Bradford Council and pest control. (Bradford are a little upset about the rat thing, and have taken it to heart, bless
)

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk...

Last night ward Councillor Geoff Reid (Lib Dem, Eccleshill) said: “It’s too easy for the national media to slag off Bradford and we have been struggling for years with that. “Rats, because of the diseases that go with them, are taken very seriously. If there really was something of that size around here it needs investigating but I think it’s possible they could have made a mistake. I need persuading of the veracity of this story. “I would like The Sun to substantiate this story and, if they can’t, I want an apology.”

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I used to do a lot of pest control around a pig farm, some of the rats we saw there grew to massive sizes. We wouldnt use the smaller dogs on them as they would usually come off a little worse for wear, especially if there was a couple of rats in one area.

These rats that are being shown in the media are possible, i havent seen any as big as the two footer, but have saw some not far off that. When a rat can take on a large cat or even give a working dog a run for its money then its time to worry. These arent friendly little mice that would scurry away at first chance, these things would take your kids fingers given the chance.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Absolutely disgusting opinion you've got there!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

Dude it was a tongue in cheek joke.. And irony, The sun newspaper has had a really nasty hate capaign against the unemployed for weeks, now they are posting stories about giant rats in one of the countries biggest unemployment hotspots.. Make the connection yet? The paper is owned by the same person who owns fox/sky.. Rupert Murdoch..

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I agree.

When I had a problem with mice, I created my own ''trap'' that involved luring them into a box with food as the bait.

When they went for the bait, it triggered the box to close, at which point I would take the box down to the park, and release them !

I can't understand why some people have such a blasé attitude towards animal life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join