It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US convinces Israel - Iran a year away from nuclear weapon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

US convinces Israel - Iran a year away from nuclear weapon.

www.jpost.com

Report: US convinces Israel - Iran a year away from nuclear weapon.
Talkbacks (4)

Iran is prepared to begin talks with the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany on a nuclear fuel swap deal immediately, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in an interview published Friday in Japanese newspaper Yomiuri Shimbun, AFP reported.

"We promise to stop enriching uranium to 20 percent if a fuel supply is ensured," Ahmadinejad said in the interview.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well...

The Iranian gov't has been saying for months they will swap fuel and have the rest under full watch if other countries step in and agree on such a resolution.

What's all the stalling for?....

They keep blaming Amadinajihad for the stalled talks...

[edit on 20-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Whatever causes folks sleep comfortably at night.

Just saying......oh my God! Israel has 6 days to stop Iran!

Or not.........

Why don't we have a "yawn" critter to attach to posts?

Cuz, Yawn!

Something's going to happen or it's not going to happen, and none of us here will change it all.

No offense,OP, but, yawn...........

And I don't direct that yawn at you.........

Just saying......I've read posts here on ATS where people swear that Israel controls the U.S., and others that swear the U.S. controls Israel, and lots of posts concerning damn near any group you could think of as controlling stuff. It's the Vatican, it's Britain, it's the Bushes, whoever...

OMG! It's the Illuminati and they control everything........

However, if Iran is a year away from a nuclear weapon, cool! That's about another year before we all die! Or not. The latest fear I was exposed to said war was imminent. Whew! I still have time to construct my will!

A year away? Great! Another year of fearmongering. That means I can watch another season of Supernatural before I die.

And we all can get poorer, worrying about Iran, and not care.

I guess I feel a bit pessimstic tonight because the world isn't ending this weekend.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Iran is urging the IAEA to counter the sanctions (link). Maybe this is related.

The stalling may well be coming from the Supreme Leader (link).

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told top Iranian officials in a speech Wednesday that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and others are right in saying Iran is ready to negotiate on its nuclear program. But he said no discussions will be held with the United States.

Also interesting is the reference to a year here.. The same as in this story.

And at the same time, Netanyahu and Abbas are agreeing to resume peace talks, starting in September and are giving the talks...guess what...a one-year time limit. See this story that also just broke today here.

Maybe this is a breather from all the insanity in the Middle East as the focus shifts to Afghanistan and Pakistan. And maybe even China, who may be bringing some pressure here. They've been flexing their might lately.

One guess is that Israel and the US might be backing down because they didn't fool anyone yet again, because the Arab nations are siding with Iran more and more, Iran has proceeded with it's uranium swap and the reactor, and the IAEA really doesn't have anything on them. Also, I still think the US and Israel are uncertain as to whether Iran wound up with any of the loose nukes from a few years back.

The other guess is that this is a smokescreen. Wouldn't surprise me if Israel still pulled a strike. They may be listening and maybe even nodding their heads in agreement, but that hasn't meant much in the past. Netanyahu is not pleased with the US administration.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Iran is just stalling and playing games, enough time to fuel the reactor and then Israel can't do anything.

What a croc, Israel should have got it's bum in gear ages ago, we've been saying here on ATS for years now what will happen and hey ho, nobody listens.

But then they wouldn't listen to us, would they!

The Governments know far more than us and still nothing, durh!

We can sit back now and wait for the huge mushroom cloud over Israel and then it's all over, everything they will have fought for will be gone in an instant.

yes, we (the US?) will hit Iran back but it doesn't matter then, Iran will be thinking wow, all the virgins for me in heaven, another durh!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i know we don't want unstable countries to have nukes but how stable are the nuke owners anyways.
how many wars have america been in the last 50 years.
who's used a nuke or two, turning ww2 into the first nuclear war.
how bad was russia's Tsar nuke test.
how many nukes does your country (where ever you live) have?

if i was a small country surrounded by nuke owning big countries, i'd want a nuke too.

that being said, i don't want to see more countries striving for nukes.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be better to just tell Israel the truth about Iran not having a nuclear bomb programme?

Its time for israel to get inspected!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Russia tried to ease tensions with the US over Iran yesterday, by offering to let America share in the construction of a nuclear reactor.
The facility, in the Gulf port of Bushehr, is being built by Russia but the US fears it could become a platform for Iran's nuclear weapons programme
www.guardian.co.uk...

It is obvious to many that the US can't continue taking over the world with a successful happy Iran in the way...like the farmer that won't sell out to the evil cattle barron...

No matter what else is going on, if the US is going to start boarding Iranian ships in the fall vis a vis the sanctions which are an overt act of war...then Iranian resistance would be a natural expectation....

Considering the lies USrael has been caught in time after time, and the aggression toward the other major powers like the proxy wars in the Koreas and Georgia, and the 'stans...well its darn hard to have faith or sympathy for the USraeli stance

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Heh. We should all just stop acquiescing to this nonsense. Stop going to work! Stop paying for the war. You're going to suffer a little bit, but you've been putting it off for a long, long, LONG time, and nitterpicking about global policy and the b.s. that is forced down our throats like ducks waiting to be foie gras doesn't do much but kill the time in between your forced slavery. REVOLT. Why are we watching the global tragedy like kids in a movie theatre?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Israel convinces USl - Iran a year away from nuclear weapon.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I can't wait till Iran and Russia wipe USA and Israel off the map.
That will be a responsible use of nukes.

Edoms time is just about done.
WW3 will make the world a better place when it's done.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How? The US would just nuke them right back! So in essence you want US, Russia, Iran and Israel off the map? Great.

Originally posted by Wise Man
I can't wait till Iran and Russia wipe USA and Israel off the map.
That will be a responsible use of nukes.

Edoms time is just about done.
WW3 will make the world a better place when it's done.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
How? The US would just nuke them right back! So in essence you want US, Russia, Iran and Israel off the map? Great.

That works too.
In the end everyone(who matters) wants USA/Israel gone, so what ever way they decide to blow themselves up by their own medicine is good.

We all know every country run by white men are always irresponsible using weapons of destruction and its only a matter of time till Russia lets loose.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Wise Man]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Exactly...then you combine that with these Islamists who think their mission from Allah is to bring about the end of the world with the "Return of the Mahdi"....and you can see where this is headed. They will all blow themselves up!

"Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad surprised not only many Westerners but also many Iranians when, during his first speech at the United Nations, he prayed for the hasty return of the Hidden Imam, the Mahdi, Shi‘i Islam's messianic figure."

Originally posted by Wise Man

Originally posted by princeofpeace

That works too.
In the end everyone(who matters) wants USA/Israel gone, so what ever way they decide to blow themselves up by their own medicine is good.

We all know every country run by white men are always irresponsible using weapons of destruction and its only a matter of time till Russia lets loose.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Wise Man]

top topics

join