It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''I did not come to bring peace,but a sword''

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Not only that, but think of whom Jesus was speaking to..

JEWS. Imagine the conflict that would occur in a Jewish household 2,000 years ago if anyone told their family, wife, et cetra they were following Jesus of Nazareth as God.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes you are absolutely right…

And those very same conflicts exist today, whenever a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist or whatever other group, comes to believe in Jesus…there is an automatic hostility from the group they used to belong too.

- JC

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Problem with Bible is that by definition the Bible is a colection of stories and parables written by DIFFERENT people in their own view and words about JESUS christ. It is not a book that is from GOD. It is not even written by Jesus himself. Thats why you get a few versions that disagree, and thats why it gets revised year in year out, with things added and taken away. How can you depend on such a book as your life guide? come on.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mohammed_nz

Obviously you have never read the Bible or you would know that it is not all about Jesus.The OT is mainly about the overall history of Israel,the beginning of creation and Gods covenant with different people such as Adam,Noah,Abraham,Issac,Jacob,Moses and the list goes on and on.The NT is simply the continuation of the OT it is about a fullfillled promise,salvation through redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ.The NT isnt entirely focused around Jesus either,certainly the four Gospels are but the rest of the books of the NT are about what happened after Jesus's death and ascent into heaven.2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us that Scripture is in fact inspired by the Word of God and that it is breathed out of His mouth.So in a way God did write the Bible not by hand but by word of mouth.I strongly encourage you before posting in BTS's Faith and Spirituality forum perhaps you should get acquainted with the christian faith,then at least you would know what you are talking about.After all i do believe that the majority of threads on this forum are in some form or fashion directed at the christian faith.Read the Bible,know what it says then you would know what you are talking about.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by I Want To Believe]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

Maybe they should just read the New Testament. At least that book has an enriching fold of love and the message of peace.

I would not advise anyone to read the Old Testament. It could possibly give them horrible nightmares, and a case of stomach cramps due to the massive element of brutality and formality in archaic ritualism.

The New Testament is so simple. Love your neighbor, forgive and forget, dont hurt people or yourself... and find Jesus in your heart which is the temple of God. Feel the warmth of the love of Jesus and know that he prayed to his God and that his God created us male and female in the image of God we were created equal, God's children, unconditionally loved.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe
reply to post by mohammed_nz

Obviously you have never read the Bible or you would know that it is not all about Jesus.The OT is mainly about the overall history of Israel,the beginning of creation and Gods covenant with different people such as Adam,Noah,Abraham,Issac,Jacob,Moses and the list goes on and on.The NT is simply the continuation of the OT it is about a fullfillled promise,salvation through redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ.The NT isnt entirely focused around Jesus either,certainly the four Gospels are but the rest of the books of the NT are about what happened after Jesus's death and ascent into heaven.2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us that Scripture is in fact inspired by the Word of God and that it is breathed out of His mouth.So in a way God did write the Bible not by hand but by word of mouth.I strongly encourage you before posting in BTS's Faith and Spirituality forum perhaps you should get acquainted with the christian faith,then at least you would know what you are talking about.After all i do believe that the majority of threads on this forum are in some form or fashion directed at the christian faith.Read the Bible,know what it says then you would know what you are talking about.

Not to mention Isaiah is basically the "5th Gospel" because of how much it tells about Jesus's life, death, and resurrection, and it was written 700 years before Christ.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flashesofblue

And Jesus speaks more about the unrepentant burning in hell for eternity more than any other person is scripture.

Fact of the matter is the OT is Jesus Christ concealed and the NT is Jesus Christ revealed.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I would have to agree with you though i believe the OT is just as relevant as the NT,they are both just as important and they are both the living Word of God. In fact my favorite book in the Bible is Psalms.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I'm not diminishing the OT, but at the same time I still know it's the old covenant with mankind. The NT all points to the Lord Jesus Christ, and the NT is Him revealed to mankind.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

satan will run and cry when the lord rights all wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join