It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KKK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about the real nature of the klan (outside of a historical context) and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any ritualistic side to the organisation. Aside from the obvious dark intentions of these men, is there any greater scheme or purpose there, any secrets not mentioned in the catalogues of lynching and persecution?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Cross burning is the most known ritual that the KKK performs. Thats the only rituals i know of, but some people claim that the KKK play around with the occult and stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The only purpose of the Klan is to spread a message of hate. There is no legitimate reason for them to exist.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
this link have information on rituals of the kkk.

www.pointsouth.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When the clan first got started there were all kinds of people beat white and black see back then if you where a town drunk you got beat if you did not take care of your family or beat on your wife then they would show up to straight n you out !!!!!!!!! trust me my grandpa started it

cool fact THats where Forrest Gump got his name

and there is a staute of him in St. Louis

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't think you have all your facts right on the origin and nature of the Klan. Try doing a little research through legitimate web sites.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Regarding the ritual nature of the Klan, the rituals (if you can get past the puke about white supremacy) are really pretty impressive. I have an almost full set of them. Copies of the official rituals can be purchased at kkklan.com for a modest price. The rituals of the first three degrees of the Klan are available (there are four degrees) the rituals of the first & second degrees of the female klan as well as the rituals of the junior klan (for boys) and the Tri-K Klub (for girls) (They're a family organization you know...)

Senrak (fraternal ritual collector0

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
senrak excellent post

Check note everyone,becareful when posting links about the KKK, try to find sites without all the racist crap. Back to the subject, i never knew the KKK had that many rituals, all i thought they did was stand around a burning cross chanting "white power"

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
senrak excellent post

Check note everyone,becareful when posting links about the KKK, try to find sites without all the racist crap. Back to the subject, i never knew the KKK had that many rituals, all i thought they did was stand around a burning cross chanting "white power"

Thanks!

You're exactly right about being careful about KKK links. I've found a few out there the exist purely for the historical purpose of it...but many are pretty bad...

I, too, was surprised at the rituals they have. They're structured a lot like any other fraternal society (Masons, Odd-Fellows, Knights of Columbus, etc.) ...except for the hatred part, of course.

Senrak

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've heard that they burn the cross because they hate Christ and Christianity. Figures...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX84
I've heard that they burn the cross because they hate Christ and Christianity. Figures...

Actually the rituals are VERY Christian. The fire refers to the "flame of Pentecost" which is utilized by several Christian churches (the emblem of a cross and flames) The problem w/ the Klan is, in their eyes, you have to be White Anglo-Saxon Protestant...or they hate you.

...not the most forward-thinking group to be sure

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The KKK, The Masons, and The Mormons had extremely strong ties. Here is a site about the KKK and the Masons . Masons and The KKK

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When the KKK was slapped with being a terrorist organization, many members traded in their white sheets for a police uniform. Go figure..

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
When the KKK was slapped with being a terrorist organization, many members traded in their white sheets for a police uniform. Go figure..

We can always count on you for a great one liner that is totally off the subject. Take your bile to the pit, or are you too super old school for that?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Heres hoping the KKK just dry up and blow away so that the only time people hear that name is when there in school history class and the teacher has a film on about what life used to be like in the old days.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acceptance
The KKK, The Masons, and The Mormons had extremely strong ties. Here is a site about the KKK and the Masons . Masons and The KKK

Can't speak for the Mormons but outside of some Klansmen having been Masons (sad...but true...) there were and are no "official" ties between the two.

There are a lot of Episcopalians who are members of the Lions Club but that doesn't mean theres a "strong tie" between the Anglican Church and the Lions Club.

Senrak

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Grand Dragon's E-mail address

This one made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The KKK formed right after the civil war. Thier origins were interesting.

It is important to remeber, that many of the white plantation and slave owners were related or descended from European nobility (which is why the European aristocrats funded the South, and industrialists of Europe funded the more modern north). Keep this in mind, as this plays a role in the formation of the KKK.

Right after the civil war, we all know about the carpetbaggers and northern industrialists raiding the south, buying up the smaller family owned farms by poor whites, who alot of times were terrorized and hassled by the northenrs into seeling thier land cheap so the northners could take over and build factories and textile plants. There was alot of underhanded dealing with the northern bankers.

So, the rich plantion owners, the Souther Gentry, still having those old noble chivalrous ideals, decided, as "lords", it was thier duty to protect the white "serfs" from the northerns. Since the northerns were using the freed slaves for thier own purposes. many were afraid the installment of blacks into public office would mean they would take revenge and abuse the poorer whites.

So, the former souther Gentry formed the "knights" of the Ku Klux Klan, and went about thier mission of defending the poor whites from the evil "slaves and northerns" and such, and launched a campaign of terrorizing the northerners otu of the south, and keeping the blacks inw hat they felt was "thier rightful place".

When you have all those gentry together with a semi mystical organization, youre going to get rituals and stuff. The cross burning is a pro christian thing.

But the Ku Klux Klan only likes Protestant white Christians. Catholics, blacks, jews, all are dirt in the eyes of the KKK. All are seen as enemies of the white christian.

Back then the KKK was a very powerful influence and a serious society to be reckoned with.

Today, they have been reduced to a bunch of pot bellied white trash rednecks in sheets with nerdy Dungeons and Dragons titles who are the laughing stock of even most racists in the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Allthough i disagree with the KKK on every point they try to make i do know for a fact the occult is not something they practice. Allthough it is hard as hell to beleive the KKK is a very strict christian group with some twisted views.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

From www.historychannel.com
Ku Klux Klan

Ku Klux Klan, designation mainly given to two distinct secret societies that played a part in American history, although other less important groups have also used the name. The first Ku Klux Klan was an organization that thrived in the South during the Reconstruction period following the Civil War. The second was a nationwide organization that flourished after World War I. Subsequent groups calling themselves the Ku Klux Klan sprang up in much of the South after World War II and in response to civil-rights activity during the 1960s.
The First Ku Klux Klan

The original Ku Klux Klan was organized by ex-Confederate elements to oppose the Reconstruction policies of the radical Republican Congress and to maintain white supremacy. After the Civil War, when local government in the South was weak or nonexistent and there were fears of black outrages and even of an insurrection, informal vigilante organizations or armed patrols were formed in almost all communities. These were linked together in societies, such as the Men of Justice, the Pale Faces, the Constitutional Union Guards, the White Brotherhood, and the Order of the White Rose. The Ku Klux Klan was the best known of these, and in time it absorbed many of the smaller organizations.

It was organized at Pulaski, Tenn., in May, 1866. Its strange disguises, its silent parades, its midnight rides, its mysterious language and commands, were found to be most effective in playing upon fears and superstitions. The riders muffled their horses' feet and covered the horses with white robes. They themselves, dressed in flowing white sheets, their faces covered with white masks, and with skulls at their saddle horns, posed as spirits of the Confederate dead returned from the battlefields. Although the Klan was often able to achieve its aims by terror alone, whippings and lynchings were also used, not only against blacks but also against the so-called carpetbaggers and scalawags.

A general organization of the local Klans was effected in Apr., 1867, at Nashville, Tenn. Gen. N. B. Forrest, the famous Confederate cavalry leader, was made Grand Wizard of the Empire and was assisted by ten Genii. Each state constituted a Realm under a Grand Dragon with eight Hydras as a staff; several counties formed a Dominion controlled by a Grand Titan and six Furies; a county was a Province ruled by a Grand Giant and four Night Hawks; the local Den was governed by a Grand Cyclops with two Night Hawks as aides. The individual members were called Ghouls.

Control over local Dens was not as complete as this organization would seem to indicate, and reckless and even lawless local leaders sometimes committed acts that the leaders could not countenance. General Forrest, in Jan., 1869, seemingly under some apprehension as to the use of its power, ordered the disbandment of the Klan and resigned as Grand Wizard. Local organizations continued, some of them for many years.

The Klan was particularly effective in systematically keeping black men away from the polls, so that the ex-Confederates gained political control in many states. Congress in 1870 and 1871 passed legislation to combat the Klan (see force bill). The Klan was especially strong in the mountain and Piedmont areas. In the Lower South the Knights of the White Camelia were dominant. That order, founded (1867) in Louisiana, is reputed to have had even more members than the Ku Klux Klan, but its membership was more conservative and its actions less spectacular. It had a similar divisional organization, with headquarters in New Orleans.

The Second Ku Klux Klan

The second Ku Klux Klan was founded in 1915 by William J. Simmons, an ex-minister and promoter of fraternal orders; its first meeting was held on Stone Mt., Ga. The new Klan had a wider program than its forerunner, for it added to white supremacy an intense nativism and anti-Catholicism (it was also anti-Semitic) closely related to that of the Know-Nothing movement of the middle 19th cent. Consequently its appeal was not sectional, and, aided after 1920 by the activities of professional promoters Elizabeth Tyler and Edward Y. Clarke, it spread rapidly throughout the North as well as the South. It furnished an outlet for the militant patriotism aroused by World War I, and it stressed fundamentalism in religion.

Professing itself nonpolitical, the Klan nevertheless controlled politics in many communities and in 1922, 1924, and 1926 elected many state officials and a number of Congressmen. Texas, Oklahoma, Indiana, Oregon, and Maine were particularly under its influence. Its power in the Midwest was broken during the late 1920s when David C. Stephenson, a major Klan leader there, was convicted of second-degree murder, and evidence of corruption came out that led to the indictment of the governor of Indiana and the mayor of Indianapolis, both supporters of the Klan. The Klan frequently took extralegal measures, especially against those whom it considered its enemies. As was the case with the earlier Klan, some of these measures, whether authorized by the central organization or not, were extreme.

At its peak in the mid-1920s its membership was estimated at 4 million to 5 million. Although the actual figures were probably much smaller, the Klan nevertheless declined with amazing rapidity to an estimated 30,000 by 1930. The Klan spirit, however, was a factor in breaking the Democratic hold on the South in 1928, when Alfred E. Smith, a Roman Catholic, was that party's presidential candidate. Its collapse thereafter was largely due to state laws that forbade masks and eliminated the secret element, to the bad publicity the organization received through its thugs and swindlers, and apparently from the declining interest of the members. With the depression of the 1930s, dues-paying membership of the Klan shrank to almost nothing. Meanwhile, many of its leaders had done extremely well financially from the dues and the sale of Klan paraphernalia.

The Klan after World War II

After World War II, Dr. Samuel Green of Georgia led a concerted attempt to revive the Klan, but it failed dismally as the organization splintered and as state after state specifically barred the order. Southern civil-rights activities during the 1960s gave the Klan a new impetus and led to revivals of scattered Klan organizations. The most notable of these were Mississippi's White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, led by Robert Shelton. The newly revived Klan groups were responsible for violent attacks against blacks and civil-rights workers in cities throughout the South, including Jacksonville and St. Augustine, Fla., Birmingham and Montgomery, Ala., and Meridian, Miss. In spite of its efforts, the new Klan was not strong, and by the end of the decade its power and membership had declined to practically nothing. Although a resurgence of support for the Klan was manifest in the surprising popularity in the early 1990s of David Duke of Louisiana, actual membership in Klan organizations is estimated to be in the low thousands.

LINK HERE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join