It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap News - Must See

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
that was great. I throughly enjoyed watching that. I hope these guys continue making these vids. There ryhmes are awesome. Their brillance has humbled me. Props to the Juice news crew. Keep it up !

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuffed
reply to post by CHA0S
Guys like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks have a lot of depth to the lyrics they talk about, and represent true hip hop. "Giving a voice to the voiceless"

I agree with you. Here are some of my up-most favorite songs with powerful meaning:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
this crap is really corny. you'd have to be a complete tool bag to actually enjoy this.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Haha...well most of us this thread are tool bags then...great big tool bags...because this is golden quality entertainment IMO.

[edit on 21/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I think I now understand why people like rap. Clever wording, exposing deadly serious issues that are otherwise ignored by the average person. Brilliant.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by millicake

Definitely some good songs.

Seven's my favorite AOTP track right ahead of Battle Cry ahh it's so awesome.

As for the corniness of the original videos i guess that's what i was thinking of originally, but it's not that bad that i would just refuse to watch the videos because the talking points are still interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

i heard about these but i didnt think they were real.

as a writer myself these actually are very well done. and hilarious.

bravo.

~Mutt

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting this. haven't seen them before.

reply to post by CHA0S

Guys like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks have a lot of depth to the lyrics they talk about, and represent true hip hop. "Giving a voice to the voiceless"

I agree whit that. Jedi Mind has been a favorite of mine for awhile now. (Philly Represent) I have always liked Celph Titled though from Outterspace. Dead Prez has some good ones too. But the underground is filled with guys that talk about "real" topics. Basicly i just wanted to complement your avitar though. it caught my eye before i read your post and i almost didn't think it could be.... . thats fresh.

edit on 10-9-2010 by PApro because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2010 by PApro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

this is more like a cruel mockery of everything that i hold sacred in my life
okay maybe thats a little dramatic, but i hate it nonetheless
but since i'm here may as well contribute to the conversation
the mainstream music of any genre is no medium to judge the entire type of music
the crap you see on tv or hear on the radio or check out on myspace this pop music, this is a mockery of a certain genre created to appeal to the largest possible audience and in turn generate the most revenue possible. this isn't true artists expressing themselves through a song, this is mass marketed mass produced mass appeal mass consumption capitalism at its finest genuine made in the usa pop music. a lot of people judge rap music without ever even hearing a real rap song. conscious rap is a whole different thing, a world away from bet and mtv. just off the top of my head i will name a few real groups and rappers... felt, east coast avengers, aesop rock, living legends, brother ali, elzhi, ect ect ect real talented people whether you like hip hop or not it is hard to deny the raw talent

edit on 10-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: i think that i'm turning into a robot

edit on 10-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: yeah, i am

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

edit on 10/9/10 by blupblup because: Hmmmmm

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Toooooo Cooooool!.

That was awesome man, can't believe i've never came across that.. Thanks for introducing us to it!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I watched the first 2 they were genius. they need better beats IMO they are repedative but other than that the lyrics are genius. S+F!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by CHA0S

Mainly underground hip hop. I can not stand that crap that comes out of the mainstream today that makes it look as if all rap today is produced by retards who struggle with rhyming even one syllable while talking about the same stupid subject every track.

can i just thank you stuffed, thanks for bringing immortal technique to me, until today i hadn't heard of him even though i have been a rap fan for over ten years. God, why hadn't i heard of this genius before??

btw, the video's in the OP are absolutely great too, as a fan of hip hop and conspiracy theories this is like a match made in heaven for me

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

Heh, I'm glad you liked Immortal Technique, i started getting into him when i heard some of his freestyle rap battles. I just thought, holy crap if this guy can do this off the top of his head i gotta hear his music.

@PApro, i don't think Celph Titled was in Outerspace... I know they all work together and stuff, whatever Celph Titled, Outerspace, JMT, Ap, all those Army of the Pharaohs guys are too ill.

I need to redo my Vinnie Paz avatar I've gotten a little better at Digital Painting since then.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

was on youtube messing around on immortal tech's vids and someone commented, type in illuminati backwards into the url and then add dot com. I did it, and it was quiet interesting, try it yourself

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join