It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: Taxes are voluntary! Rejoice!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Democrat tard Harry Reid says that taxes are voluntary! And since this comes from a U.S senator, we are allowed to treat taxes as such, right? I mean, he helps write the laws, so he knows best! Apologies if this has been posted before, but I was so excited to find out that I don't have to pay taxes anymore!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That was spoken like a true criminal...I mean federal government politican.
Right is wrong and wrong is right, depending on the one that suits governments benifit.

I've always found this issue very intresting, but of course you get thrown on the crazy train when trying to discuse it with friends or family.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
November can not come soon enough for us down here in Nevada.

We are going to be hitting the ejection seat.

This guy needs to go, took him how long to understand and answer a simple question?

BYE BYE REID!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
yep sure Harry !!!
taxes are voluntary !!!
and when they show up
and confiscate your assets
for not voluntarily giving them
your tax money, that's
also voluntary too
isn't it Harry??

taxes are voluntary
"under duress"

webster has this definition

Main Entry: ex·tor·tion
Pronunciation: \ik-ˈstȯr-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century

1 : the act or practice of extorting especially money or other property; especially : the offense committed by an official engaging in such practice
2 : something extorted; especially : a gross overcharge

www.merriam-webster.com...

webster also has this definition

Main Entry: 1vol·un·tary
Pronunciation: \ˈvä-lən-ˌter-ē\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French voluntarie, from Latin voluntarius, from voluntas will, from velle to will, wish — more at will
Date: 14th century

1 : proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent
2 : unconstrained by interference : self-determining
3 : done by design or intention : intentional
4 : of, relating to, subject to, or regulated by the will
5 : having power of free choice
6 : provided or supported by voluntary action
7 : acting or done of one's own free will without valuable consideration or legal obligation

www.merriam-webster.com...

that is the problem with politicians and gov.
They can't tell the difference between

voluntary and extortion !!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
November can not come soon enough for us down here in Nevada.

We are going to be hitting the ejection seat.

This guy needs to go, took him how long to understand and answer a simple question?

BYE BYE REID!!!

Not if he is being replaced by an idiot like Sharon Angle!

Reid may be a lot of things and not so great, but Angle makes Peloski look like a saint.

I would say get ready for another term of Harry Reid and like it, you won't like his opposition if she wins.

Angle has said she would get rid of Social Security, Medicare and several Fed departments. Those of you using such "American entitlements" she deems as freeloaders. I see that as no more welfare, food stamps or unemployment, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

There is a billboard my area that I believe should be on every highway in the united states. I would love to take a picture of it and post it here, but I will not be back home for another month or so.

But the sign has an american flag on it and reads as follows:

The American Government is a cesspool of corruption and lies. On November 2nd we must unite, and end the careers of these professional politicians.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

Tell that to the Dept. of Revenue who just put a levy on my bank account and emptied it. I have no say, no court rights, nothing. Its their money now and I am sh^# out of luck.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Reid is a POS:
In other (European?) countries= Involuntary: the employer witholds income taxes.
In our country= Voluntary: the employer witholds income taxes and we 'voluntarily' file the form declaring 'we' have paid them. If we don't file the form we face criminal and civil penalties.

Typical runaround from a career politician.

Doesn't matter how well you polish a turd, it still stinks.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I feel for you, Common. He's not "my" senator (though in the greater scheme of things he is) but I hope you can get that wing nut out of there. The man is a menace to America.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

If I may ask, what were the circumstances behind this action, Life?

Second line!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yep, as long as you are not dealing in alcohol, tobacco or firearms (ATF).

If I remember correctly, the actual text "voluntary tax" at one time appeared within the actual 1040 workbooklet.

Obviously something change since it has now been removed.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

Heh I remember, I think it was a couple years ago he said that. Voluntary, but you'd best volunteer. Or voluntary that you use your ALL CAPS STRAWMAN in commerce. Or whatever. Actually I don't think he has any idea, he's just repeating the words because it's expedient.

He's be outta there this year except OOPS!! a total doofus was nominated to oppose him. A miracle. Well as the great philosopher Gomer Pyle said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" and Harry Reid gets another 6 years.

Isn't American freedom great!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
With the mentality that most Americans have these days, a "voluntary tax" would destroy your entire economy, not to mention way of life (whether you think it's a good way of life or bad way of life). If American's don't have to pay, they won't. The majority of American ATSers aren't any different. You can kiss your amazing interstate system good bye (Yes, I am impressed by your roads), your firemen, policemen, military, public education, and entire administration (but who needs those civil servants anyways?).

But hey, so as long as I can afford the things I want without being bugged to contribute to the state, I should be okay, right?

People, including myself and many other ATS members don't realize that it's not the Government that is our biggest enemy, but rather the selfish mentality that just cares about "me".

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
People, including myself and many other ATS members don't realize that it's not the Government that is our biggest enemy, but rather the selfish mentality that just cares about "me".

Good thing you don't realize:
"ME" pays for everything I use. "ME" puts money into other peoples' hands.

In America "ME" makes everything work.

If there were no "ME" there would be "US" and "WE".
And "WE" need things and need someone to give it to "US".
So if there is no "ME", who is going to be giving things to "US"?

[edit on 8/20/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

And who pray tell do these people want to replace the "career politicians" with? Sharron Angle? Are these people really that desperate to sock it to Harry?

People might want to think before they hire the next idiot that will cloud up politics for the next half-century.

Come to think of it, if we want to do away with this crap altogether, don't even bother voting!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Exact-a-mundo!

Most people are too ignorant to understand just what they are asking for. Perhaps it's a waste to pay federal income taxes but what about state and local taxes?

Though come to think of it, the roads still fall apart and the schools still suck. No matter how much is paid in tax, it all comes down to whom you entrust this money to.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The Government of not just America, but all countries, is basically a huge protection racket......you have to pay us to protect you from others, to make your life "easier", to make all your decisions for you, etc.... or we will destroy you.

All of this is for your own good of course

Am I the only one that sees this as hypocritical?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

What's the alternative? Anarchy?

You tell me.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Payment of taxes is mandatory.

The choice to file and to pay is voluntary in the same way it is voluntary to not exceed 25MPH in a school zone. You are free not to pay taxes and you are free to drive 50MPH. But don't bitch about it if you get caught.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by lastrebel

What's the alternative? Anarchy?

You tell me.

You say Anarchy like its a bad thing.....LOL

Idealy ..yes...but it wouldnt work in real life because the next bully on yhe block would step in to fill the vacum.

If I have to have a boot on my face I want it to be the lightest boot I can find.....

In other words, the government that governs best governs least........which one of our founding fathers said.....but what would they know

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join