It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Info on Purported Base or Entrance Near Boulder, CO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey Everybody,

There are quite a few web-pages on the internet with similar lists of purported underground bases (e.g. www.anomalies-unlimited.com...). Which site or source originated this particular list, I have no idea, but these lists often include an entry which says something like "1. Near Boulder, Co. in the mountains Function unknown."

There are many government offices and laboratories in Boulder, as well as a major research university. There are stories online about strange things going on at the university or some of these laboratories. But, I can't find anything online about a possible underground base entrance in the mountains near Boulder, other than this simple entry on many copied lists.

So, I'm reaching out to the ATS community; do any of you know anything about this rumor? Is there anything in the mountains surrounding Boulder other than over-priced houses, hippies, and NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research)?

Thanks,
Frosty

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not that I'm aware of. I only know of the purported underground bases in the Four Corners region. In The Dulce Book, Branton mentions a story William Cooper supposedly received about an officer from Fort Carson, Colorado who reportedly witnessed human experimentation being conducted by both aliens and humans.

Take that for what it's worth, however.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is the strangest thing, I was in Boulder some time ago maybe twenty years ago and I heard something about a base then. Wow, that rang a bell. I have a feeling it's in a cave or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys! Boulder is indeed a beautiful place to visit, and it has its virtues as a place to live as well, though I wouldn't stay too long if not forced. (Pluses: beautiful scenery, a very health-conscious population, a very smart population. Minuses: The citizens believe those first three things about themselves
)

Of course the government has some underground bunkers and bases around the country. Some are openly acknowledged. There are probably also some which are hidden. I visit the Denver area frequently, and Boulder is not far away. So, this very tiny, almost non-existent rumor on the internet has made me curious.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i hung around bolder in the 70's , even then it was too hip for it's own good.
but the area is surrounded by military and ultra conservative christianists.
-side note -adolf coors is the biggest polluter in the state.
chennye mtn. and then the nuke tunnelers that are said
to cover 7 miles a day- since the 80's.. so they could be pretty extensive by now.
Denver airport has extensive underground systems. the new capitol of the nwo.
-operation trojan horse. its laid out like a swastika even..
the rocky mtn chemical weapons depot is just north of denver.
i've been around kirtland afb.in albq.
kirtland mtn has 5 layers of fence around it-
and one little entrance into it. some of the roswell items likely passed thru there.
did we try to help et phone home? think of the movies speilberg makes-
he's privy to it all. they spin it into science fiction to obscure the facts..
there is said to be a un depot at white sands -spooky place.
dulce- over to page arizona. William Cooper was murdered by the sheriff
in Eager az.- died fighting for his life. phil scheinder is the guy who says he shot two greys down in the tunnels - but he's dead too. i watched his account..he seemed on the level. engineers usually are.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I too have read many list of,and about these secret bases not only here in the U.S.A.,but worlwide.Who would benifit from such rumors,and how were they known to exist? They say most are under mountains,airports,university's,privatly or goverment owned land & buildings.as well as the vast oceans we know very little about.so its possible,I suggest, if the rumors do go back decades,and there are places that you listed could hide entrances.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So, it seems all there is to be found online is just this nebulous claim of a base or entrance in the mountains near Boulder. Thanks for talking about it guys! Maybe someday something will surface.

That's true, some of these publicly visible facilities could hide the entrance to some larger facility. There is a whole row of government facilities along the west side of Broadway, and of course NCAR (The National Center for Atmospheric Research) up in the mountains.

It's also true that Boulder is a liberal outpost in a mostly conservative state. I don't think that the federal government would be afraid to put a base there because of a bunch of hippies, however. *shrugs*

edit on 11-9-2010 by FrostyPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join