It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone statues, older & possibly more numerous than the Terracotta Army uncovered in China!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

"Based on the existing information and field investigations, archeologists deduced that Guizai Mountain with these stone statues was simply a large altar. Prehistoric people chose the site as an altar and placed stone statues on it. The stone statues have a primitive sacrificial or commemorative meaning and have a history of thousands of years."

I think its possible that these statues may have been used in some kind of ancestor worship. Each one could have represented a particular person - a parent or grandparent. The statues of pregnant women could be those who died as a result of pregnancy / childbirth complications.

Very interesting find, thankyou for posting it.

J

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i honestly think these things have people inside of em....
i know they probably wont crack one open and see whats inside but still...makes you wonder.
How were they able to construct this on such a massive scale and with detail. It is as important as the pyramids in my eyes. Very spectacular. Aliens I tell you

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Being twice as old as the army they are of course as impressive.

The common man/woman will not be impressed but they also did not care about half the things on ATS!

anything that celebrates the human aspect of Earth needs to be taught in school instead of condemning us

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sp33d
i honestly think these things have people inside of em....
i know they probably wont crack one open and see whats inside but still...makes you wonder.
How were they able to construct this on such a massive scale and with detail. It is as important as the pyramids in my eyes. Very spectacular. Aliens I tell you

heh,
Maybe not too far from what could be. Although, not aliens, it could be some kind of magick spell put on the soldiers that when the time is right, they will come to the rescue of their country and emperor. The amount of work in the terracotta army puts them in the same catagory as the pyramids ...HOW'D they do that?

~holly

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Well there is a thread on here about china going to war with iran or something. Its a "prophecy" thread but still something to think about. The terestrials are going to come and wake them up. then its hell on earth. I heard that they had found something similar to a crystal skull in these tombs.

Any truth to this?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know, statues of such detail and numbers do make one wonder why bother? Sure it's nice to show up your neighbor, though in the case of the Terracotta army, it's only effective so long as this new one was lost to time. But still, you can only get so much by wanting to have a leg up on your neighbor.

Now we just need to wake the troopers up and have them storm the government buildings around the world, pillage the archives, and throw all the information out to the masses.

Though, the effect of having a stone army do that might make for a interesting few days. What with the terror, chaos, and counter attacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join