It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This kid touched my heart!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Earlier today I was reading news from yahoo. This story got my interests in that there is a chance for the youth of this country. What I like about this kid is that he want's peace in Korea and that the DPRK actually listened to what he had to say. This is really something.
news.yahoo.com...

nymag.com...

BEIJING – A 13-year-old American boy who made a rare visit to Pyongyang says officials there welcomed his idea for a "children's peace forest" in the demilitarized zone dividing North and South Korea, although they said it would only happen if the countries signed a peace treaty first. Jonathan Lee returned Thursday from an eight-day visit to the reclusive country during which he was taken on a tour of the DMZ. A hoped-for meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il did not materialize, although Lee said the officials forwarded to Kim a letter from him.

We need to add him to the list.
listverse.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh my goodness! Thanks for sharing this. I needed something positive today. I have a swollen heart and happy tears.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Many of us have forgotten what its like to be innocent, what it is to dream. We can learn much from the youth, in between their cartoonish ideas or fanciful dreams, they're positive outlook on life is something to be cherished and admired. I learn from my son almost everyday and can see his wide-eyed, optimistic zest for everything the world has to offer. Thanks for the post rebel.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
stay young in the mind and the kid you once was will never leave
i 2 learn from my lillte one every day

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by donkey77

Indeed I have done just that. I am not sure this is a reflection of this, however I am 30, have no grey hair, and look like I'm in my early 20's. It has been a curse and a blessing. Maybe its just wishful thinking too. Although my inner voice is the same as it was, since age 6.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What a great story, thanks for the lift RR! I am always grateful to see such young people striving to make the world a better place, it kindles my faith in humanity.
Thank you for the "listverse" link too, as I was unaware of such a thing.
As for Kim's comment about "if peace treaties were signed first," well I think it is okay to begin that process with actions such as those of this young man. Sometimes "official" negotiations can be influenced by public ideas and I hope that is the case here.

Peace

top topics

join