posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
Small update, back into a new wave of research on this topic, will link to complete document once complete...
"Helensburgh was founded in 1776 by Sir James Colquhoun of Luss, 1st Baronet after purchasing the lands of Millig from Marion Schaw (sometimes spelt
Shaw), Lady Cathcart, daughter of Sir John Schaw of Greenock, 3rd Baronet, in 1752. Sir John Schaw is descended from Sir James Schaw of Sauchie from
whom William Schaw is descended, the Master of Works to King James VI of Scotland, who was instrumental in the development of Scottish Freemasonry by
introducing the Schaw Statutes.
Sir James Colquhoun’s grandson Sir James Colquhoun of Luss, 3rd Baronet married Janet Sinclair, daughter of Rt. Hon. Sir John Sinclair of Ulbster,
1st Baronet who in turn is descended from Henry Sinclair (St. Clair), 1st Earl of Orkney, grandfather of William Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness, 3rd
Earl of Orkney, Baron of Roslin, the founder of Rosslyn Chapel, the legendary resting place of the Holy Grail (or at least Judaic/Christian relics),
brought there by the Knights Templar. Janet Sinclair gives her name to Helensburgh’s main road Sinclair Street, named in veneration of the
Sinclair/St. Clair family.
Helensburgh’s street plan was designed to mirror that of the Edinburgh New Town, devised by architect William Milne (a prominent Freemason), which
is built upon the same design principles of that which were used in the construction of the Temple of Solomon, from which the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of
Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar) take their name and heritage, from who in turn the Freemasons descend."