It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP rejects claims it is hiding data on rig explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

BP rejects claims it is hiding data on rig explosion

www.bbc.co.uk

Energy giant BP has been accused of hiding key data needed to investigate the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster.

Transocean, the company that owned the oil rig, alleged that BP is refusing to hand over information it needs about the explosion.

The claim is made in a letter from one of Transocean's lawyers sent to members of President Barack Obama's cabinet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is very troubling.

Once again, BP finds itself in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. This does however, smack of something more sinister. Where does all of this negative information come from within BP? How does it keep finding its way to the media each time?

I am thoroughly convinced that, for good or ill, there is a concerted effort to take down BP by some agenda.

Parallex.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I agree, something dark is going on here. There is never any mention of Haliburton, Transocean or the US Government deregulation - seems like there's a concerted effort to bring down BP, or scapegoat BP.

I'm not saying BP is blameless by any stretch of the imagination, they are criminally liable, but they did not do this alone.

And since the explosion, the US Gov has allowed BP total control in the Gulf area, whilst all the time attacking them - but BP could not have the control they have without Government consent/collusion.

More evil behind the scenes goings on here, I;m convinced.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Parallex

I agree, something dark is going on here. There is never any mention of Haliburton, Transocean or the US Government deregulation - seems like there's a concerted effort to bring down BP, or scapegoat BP.

Ok... but do you believe them when they say this????

"We have been at the forefront of co-operating with various investigations commissioned by the US government and others into the causes of the Deepwater Horizon tragedy," BP said.

Actually, I do. I believe there is a "conspiracy" between BP and the U.S. Government, possibly Halliburton... not sure about Transocean though.

I absolutely believe that BP is withholding information from Transocean but going to BP's conspirator, the U.S. Government, and griping about it won't do a thing!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Interesting points here guys - thank you for the contributions!

I'm wondering what this could all be about though. I really am.

Could it be a form of insider trading, to make BP cheap enough for a US government or CIA front company be able to launch a takeover bid? Essentially making one of the largest oil infrastructure companies in the world become a state owned asset of the US?

Parallex.

top topics

join