It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe in your government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
with everything that has been going on for the last 40 years, through thick and thin, flush or bust. Did you ever feel that your government was at any time looking out for your best interests and your welfare? Or do you think that at no time did they care one bit for you and your families, and were only looking out for their interests and agendas?

do you feel that this country will ever come back down to earth,and that we will ever get back to where we should be as a strong nation, that the people can respect and be proud of?

personally i just cant see it. or even allow myself to let my guard down. because at every moment of every day, the government perpetually keeps throwing obstacles in our way, that just seems that are becoming further and further out of our reach to navigate.

I get madder and madder the more i read, the more i see, and the more i experience,
to the point where i feel like cracking some skulls

I just cannot understand why the hundreds of millions of us, just sit down and rely on this government to correct itself? I just cannot understand their audacity and outright disregard for their oaths and responsibilities as our leaders, and to blatantly continue slapping us in the face, without fear of reprisal.

what the hell is going on? are we so weak with our social services,unemployment benefits, social securities/medicaids that we no longer have the will to take back our country and our lives, in fear of not getting something? is this what this is all about?

do you honestly believe that if you vote for any one representative or president that anything positive will ever come out of your vote?

I believe that the system is so corrupt on every level, that the only way to fix it is to level it and start from scratch.

what do think? and why do you believe? "if you do?"...lol

all opinions are welcome, this is a free for all

[edit on 19-8-2010 by aliengenes]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Government doesn't exist actually.

It's just an idea.

The only thing that does exist, is people who believe in it.

And the buildings they go to exist also.

But those people could change their mind, and those buildings could be repainted and reused for something else.

So really, government is just a fantasy.

Sad part is, everyone believes in it so much, they will go to any lengths to support that belief with their PERSONAL ACTIONS.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In a lot of respects you are right, but what are the alternatives though?

“It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.” (CHURCHILL)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

well that fantasy you are speaking of is sending your children off to their deaths, and are taxing you out of existence. to me that's reality

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I feel that for every representative, someone should be standing behind them with a baseball bat.

I have no problem with the concept, just their freedom on our broken backs, without oversight.

its suppose to be we the people for the people. not we the private club in washington for their personal and private agendas.

just because we were trusting enough to give them the opportunity doesn't give them the right to take advantage of our hospitality

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Yes I think you are right, but you in America are a lot better off than here in the UK. We have the most draconian anti-gun laws in the world. Heavy taxation;Pretty much uncontrolled immigration; and a monarchy that ultimately owns everything.

I love my country, but there are quite a few things that could be improved here.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I understand that we have the best system in the world. its just been corrupted like every other system in the world and we need to uncorrupt it.

we still have our guns

for now ._.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Aliengenes.....

I will presume to make 2 comments.

First Comment:

I am extremely offended by your extremely graphic, distasteful comment.....

"I get madder and madder the more i read, the more i see, and the more i experience, to the point where i feel like breakin it off in their a---s."

Such filth lowers the tone of ATS to a totally unacceptable level.

Second Comment:

Despite the fact your thread is in the Aliens & UFOs Forum, your post does not raise the issue of aliens or UFO's.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would "believe" in the bible first,
and that's never happening.

I do however,
Believe in my government in some aspects.
I believe in their ability to destroy all that is good.
I believe in their ability to completely disregard everything that matters.
I also believe in their ability to turn a once decent nation into a steaming pile of rubbish.

and
i believe that my government won't be allowed to carry this on for too much longer.
It has been far long enough.

maybe maybe not,
Please.
you talk about "lowering the tone" of ATS,
yet you constantly make condescending, useless and meaningless comments to people you disagree with.

So what if some of them act crazy.
Your often rude and condescending remarks also "lowers the tone" of ATS,
regardless of how much you think you "contribute".
Stop pretending like you've been offended or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I believe that the system is so corrupt on every level, that the only way to fix it is to level it and start from scratch.

Most definitely.
That is going to be the only way to 'fix' any of this.
Of course you could just 'patch the holes' and wait for it to start crumbling again, not long after.
But I don't think that's what 'we're after' .

and No i dont believe my vote, or anyone else's vote makes a difference in the world.
I know they dont make a difference.

"Voting" is there simply to let people think they have some kind of "say" in matters.
But truly, they have none.

and yeah we have become so weak that everyone is afraid to act for fear of "what will happen to me, "what will my government do to me", "what if i dont "get this from them" anymore? etc etc.
Sounds like a dictatorship to me.
No, it's a dictatorship.
Disguised as a democracy.
The worst kind of dictatorship.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Aliengenes.....

I will presume to make 2 comments.

First Comment:

I am extremely offended by your extremely graphic, distasteful comment.....

"I get madder and madder the more i read, the more i see, and the more i experience, to the point where i feel like breakin it off in their a---s."

Such filth lowers the tone of ATS to a totally unacceptable level.

Second Comment:

Despite the fact your thread is in the Aliens & UFOs Forum, your post does not raise the issue of aliens or UFO's.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

I'm sorry i hurt your feelings. sometimes things need to be fully expressed for affect

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Aliengenes.....

I'm sorry i hurt your feelings.

You did not hurt my feelings.....you offended me. There is a big difference.

sometimes things need to be fully expressed for affect

I completely disagree.

Such expression merely lowers the tone of ATS to an unacceptable level.

If you review your opening post you will see your revolting term has been
removed.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So far, I'm reasonably happy with my government considering it's a Tory one.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Belief implies trust and no, I do not trust government. No institutionalised, systemic hierarchy has ever proved incorruptable, has never meant extra privilages for any beyond the top tier and their cronies, nor reduced the prole's wealth creation burden.

So, again, no, I cannot afford to place any faith in government to do anything but maintain the 'us' and 'them' paradigm.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Do I believe in my government?

I believe my government does whatever the hell it wants with or without public support. I believe my government is full of fakes, and con artists(the same goes for ALL governments IMO)
Its a dog eat dog world out there, and these politicians are no different from the rest of us, they do what they can to make their lives better.
Id say maybe 1 percent of total government in this world is probably true to their words.

I hate how all governments create war in the name of the nation.
majority of the time- the people dont want it.(but they find a way and do what they want to do anyways).

So my simple answer is- NO. Never have, they have never given me a reason to.
*for example-My new avatar*

Edit- C.G

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

You did not hurt my feelings.....you offended me. There is a big difference.

No there isn't. There is a minor difference between "insult" and "offend" colloquially, and that difference is intent. Nevertheless, you'll find that they tend to appear in a thesaurus as synonyms. There is no significant difference between what is conveyed by "hurt feelings" and "offended." Although I have noticed that when one is accused of "hurt feelings" it often elicits an elitist response that is less likely when one is accused of being "offended."

At the very least, in the future, if you're going to call someone out on usage, at least explain the reason. Do not state merely that there is a big difference -- state what it is. Otherwise you're not helping. Also, stating what you believe to be the difference will have the added bonus of making sure that your post doesn't feel like you're being high and mighty for the sake of it. It feels more like you might have a reasonable point.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by bikeshedding]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

with the rape carnage injustice going on.. but some self expression "offends"
your sensibilities? grow up-shove off.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There's no difference between a church, a government, a militia, a commune, or a street gang - they are all groups of people who cooperate to achieve common goals.

However, once any group begins to impose these goals upon outsiders against their will it then begins to resemble a terrorist organization.

Just my $0.02

new topics

top topics

join